Aether [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat May 20, 2017 8:31 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

sephtis, you will hold your terror like your own heart
until arbormoon dies to a w h i s p e r.

phpBB [media]

o.1 your aether

There are three pools of Aether: Black, Red, and White. You are attuned to one of these pools.

o.1.i black aether

Black Aether may be channeled through swords, knives, scythes, and machinery.

♦ Black Swords will evoke The Dark Knight, a greatsword-wielding soul sapper who may use his own aether to drain the life from his victim.

♦ Black Knives will evoke the Mesmer, who may manipulate the mind of her foe with illusions to allow for deadly melee attacks.

♦ Black Scythes invoke the soul of the Necromancer, who commands the dead and the departed souls to do her bidding.

♦ Black Machinery will evoke the Apothecary, whose concoctions and tonics enfeeble and bolster enemies and allies.

o.1.ii red aether

Red Aether may be channeled through swords, knives, staves, machinery, as well as cesti.

♦ Red Swords evoke the soul of the Berserker, who is a dual-wielding swordsman whose power relies on taking damage and dealing it to keep himself alive through adrenaline.

♦ Red Knives evoke the soul of the Vagrant, who is a nimble and masterful bladedancer. This master at arms is hard to hit and hits hard, so caution is advised.

♦ Red Staves evoke the soul of the Summoner, a powerful mage who wields elemental magics to eliminate and bind her foes.

♦ Red Machinery evokes the soul of the Machinist, a gadgeteer who is masterful with gunworks and bombing. The Machinist should not be considered one-trick, however, as his gadgets are quick to turn to artillery.

♦ Red Cesti evoke the soul of the Monk, a melee healer who gathers energy to assuage injuries through attacking enemies. They are masters of the energies within the chakra, and at great heights may awaken hidden potential in allies.

o.1.iii white aether

White Aether may be channeled through swords, staves, and cesti.

♦ White Swords evoke the soul of the Templar, a shining knight who wil defend her allies and aid the injured in combat through the flow of White Aether. Wields a sword and shield.

♦ White Staves evoke the soul of the Astrologian, who wields White Aether for her allies and against her foes to control the hands of fate. Predominantly skilled in the healing arts, the Astrologian is alternatively known as the Medium for her ability to predict strategem through arcanum.

♦ White Cesti evoke the soul of the druid, a master shapeshifter who is at one with nature. There is no doubt that her power stems from the wild itself, and there are boundless speculations on the confines of her abilities to shapeshift into fauna.

o.2 your body, mind, and spirit (and livelihood)

Anberlin Calloway's legal team consisted of no more than six members. You were one of those six. That was your life. This is your file. Perhaps you have read it, or perhaps you have not. After all, she has made notes on you over the years. Maybe it would be best not to allow the calamity to water-damage this, however it is you feel.

Code: Select all
Anberlin Calloway, Esq
1409 Angara Fairway Apt 30φ
Judiciary District, Lemuria

This is your file to be given with your severance pay. As stated in my missive, you hold my regrets for your sudden unemployment; however, I will not bear shame for upholding my law firm. Perhaps we will meet again if the need arises. I believe I would enjoy that.

[djm]Name: [/djm]
[djm]Age:[/djm] 25-33
[djm]Gender:[/djm]
[djm]Aether Attunement:[/djm] Black, Red, or White
[djm]Starting Weapon:[/djm] Your weapon of choice in our introduction.

[djm]Appearance & Habits[/djm]
Answer here, and include notes such as your sub-species if you are an anthropomorphic human.

[djm]Personality & Traits[/djm]
If you wish to list any tropes, they would go here.

[djm]Why Do You Wish to Work For Calloway Law?[/djm]
You find this page of your job application stapled to your file. I wonder if it remains true.

o.3 the law as you knew it

1. Third person
2. Past tense
3. No backwards writing
4. Use the DT, Discord, and your fellow cast members abundantly

o.4 the ones who suffer, those yet to come

@Lumi
† @AstralHunter
@TheSilverFox
† @Sheyren
† @Tortwag
† Open

@Jagged@Caesar

m27
find your comrades being formed
in the palm of the dead one

j3
abandon all hope
ye who enter here

t̶̪̞h̶̲̩͍̻̱̣͕͖͝ẹ̴͓̤̩̱͟ŗ̟̹̲͉̥̬ḛ̡̢͕͘'̬͙̝̩̀͞s̡̻͎̖͇̜ ̷̭̳̜̪͇͟a̭̬̠̝ ̨̧͇̖̞̜͓̣͓̞͠p̛͇̹e͕̺͝a̷̺̣̖̥̩̯͘ͅc̬̙̭̝͕̲ḛ̸̘̪̣͖̜̹̲͠ ̤̮̫̳̝͇͈y̴̧̪͙̮̻o͓̭̮̺̘̯̮̹͢͡ṳ̸͚͇̪̹̯̫ ̣͇̘́͘w̵̶̵͍̘̯̜i̖̞̱̯̼͚̣̘l̢̛̝̬̱̟̭̣l̬̰͘͝ ̶̟̜̞͚n̡̝̬̱̝o̵͕͙̟͍͝͡t̖̙̭̞̮̞͙̕͜͢
̜̲̺̜̩͙̜̱k̵̪̻̣̹̮̠͚͡ń̨͎͉͖̖͈ͅo̵͉͎͎͢͜w̩͠ ̙͓̖͙͜͝i̥͇̞̱͎̠̻n̢̪̻̗̝̣̪̝͚̬͘ ̭̫̱̳̥͉̦̕̕͢t̵̠ͅh̺̤̗̞͍̬͟i̢̡̙͔̖̖̹͜ͅs̜̗̖͖̦͘͡ ͈̟̖̲͢l͏̼͎̮̰̤̭i̯̭̳̤͓͈͈f̶҉̱̮͔̩̦̗ͅȩ̸̩͎̱̳̯͕̤̝ṭ̶͍̠͇̫̲ͅi̷̤̦͡m̺̰̩͈̥̫͉̙e̴̸̘̹͇̳̺͡ͅͅ ͏͙̭̭̦k͖̳̻n̫̤͇͔̪̟͠ǫ͉̟͚͈̲̥̮w̲̰̰̭͜͞
̵̯̳̺̪͠͝i̟̱̩͈̲͓n҉҉̹̖̞͔ ͎̞͓a̸̛̳̟̥̩̺͘ͅ ͔͔̺̰̯̝͠p̢̭͙̲̪̫͝a̸̸̭̹͈͎͎͇͠s͎̺̕͝t̢̰̭̲͙̜̝̝̼͈ ̙̫̫̲͡p̨̞̘̩̫̜̳̰̜͜e̲͉̦̠̤r͍̝̬̼̪̣̬̕h́҉̠̖͍̝̲̤͔a͙̲̺͇͢p͔̪s̶̭̺͔̩͖ ̼͙͇̼͚̦̜̝͢ì͏̩̳̩͎t̠̠̺̺̬̣̮ ̱̥̖̣̠̞̹̝̫h̭̞̝̤̙͢͠a̸̛̹̳̳̪͓̟ḍ̢͇ ̫͎̯̬̣͕ͅb̳̯͍͖̠͜ͅe̢̱̣̯͙̜͇̥͠e̩̪̺̣n̹̯͕̩͇ ̯͢b̶͖̩̥̪̮̮̩̱͢è͉̹t͎͙͙̪̺͟t͏͏͏̬̮̯̝̮e̯̖̰͚̤̼̳͜r̖̪͉͠
̠̜̯̹̱͙͡͠b̷̢̟͙͟e̵̘̫̮̲̖̥̜t̴̢̗̙̱͔̺̩͡t̵̘̞͍͙̤͠e̩͎͟r̷͉̩̱̤̱̬ͅͅ ̶̡͏͈̬b̰̀É̗̗͢T̨̥̘̙̹̘̲͕T̢͖͙͢E̶͍̖͔̞̻͙̬̹̳R̞̠͠ ͚̗i̬̩͈͇͙̠̩f̠̭͙͖̫̣̩ͅ ̢͇̙̟̘̤̮̼͕̩͞y͎͕o̫̤̗ͅu͏̥̗ ̨͙̱̹͢p̨̳̮̻̟̥̩̺̕r̡͈̙̝̫̣͍̘͍̀͘e̜͎̮̩̻͈̣͈͠c̶̛͉̳̭̬̼i̷̜̱̥̲̜̳̹̪͔ó͎u̬̰͈̻͖s̮̻̹͚͙͚̱ͅ
̡̙̝̥̘̝͎̟̕ͅm̨̩̘̹̱̙̗̝͈͞i̮̠͕̟͉̺͖͟k͖̼̫̟̤̳̳̀͡a̝̭̟e̪̮l̴̢̖̦̝ ̷͚̘̹͘h̴̡̥̻̤͉̱̪̮̘͜ą̤̞͜d̺͍̗͙̺̼ͅ ̮̞̼̜̩s̸̮̳̰̦̮͍̙̭͘t̡̛͚͠à̧̳̻̻̯̱̺̖̮͈͞y̢̢̜̞̟͔͙̼e͔͕͍͕͔̕ͅd̝͓ ̷̥͚̠̬̩̕͟t҉̢̻̻̲̜̖̥͚̳͢h̹e̺̟ŗ̦̣̼̦̼̮͍̕e̶̱̰̘̮̟̤̯̞̖͝ ̴̨̳̘̀p̴̳̞̻͜͢r̢̖̩̥̜̙͔̰e͏͎̞̲̯̠͝c̵͏̻̯̗̩i҉̴͓o̺̹̲͕̝͜͠ư̟̲s͕̠
̨̺̮̣͈͢͟l̯͚̟̹͍̱ͅy̴̶̡͔̺̣s̴̝̗͓͉̫̻̱̞̘͘à̴̬͍͔͞n҉̞͎͎͎͓͚̜d̶̫̦̯͎̘͉̙̕͡r̠̜̞̟͎̝͕̀͡ͅe̞ ͉͖̯̮͓̳̘i̸̳̪̙̞̯̖̻͡ ͖̺̦͞ͅh̠̹̯̀̀a̢̗͓͍͠ͅv̛͚͈̲͟͝e҉̞͙̥͉̟͉͖͎ ̵̠̖̰̗̦ṣ̡͕̼e̻̝̳̬̖͈̹͎̣é͙͈n̺̼͍̩̣̤̜̙͜ ̪̘̼̕͢t̵̫͉͚̞̻̤͟h̗͇̖̜̻͍̜è̙̫̞̻̞̖̝ͅ ҉͍̥̳̜̘̤͚̞͕ṯ̸̻̜͉̰̠h͙͔̮o͙̣̖͡ụ͇̥̺̦́ş̺̲̜̳̮̪͢a̯̤̖ṉ̸̣̫͉̫̠̠͓ḏ̶̴̩͕̜͈͢ ̨͓͖͎̲̖͞t̫̀͠h͉͎̬̟̳͈͕ͅo̷̦̗̬̫̻̼̼̫ͅu̷̧̱̩s҉̦ͅà̯n̵̩̠͚̥͈͈͓͡d͇̮͙͚̝̠͍̩͢
̸͓͙͕͚̝s҉̻̻̱̺̱̣̝͍̤u͏̴̜͙̰͈͢p̷̲̠̙̞̹p̡̘͖̙̦ờ̠͔͖̩̱s̵̤͓͝i̶̧̟͍͇͔̱̮ͅt̴͉̖̝̯̦̜̜i̧̫̯̺͢͠o̡̻̟͟͝ń͙̺̞̱̠s̪̲̗͉̬͎̙̟͘ ̢̛̹̠̲̮͔̙͎ͅo͉̭̥͡f̢̮͓̤̟ͅ ̶̘̳̩͔͕͙̯̮t̨̲͙͉̘̬͞͞ͅh͏҉̜̗̻̼̮̖͚̭e̶̸̼̖͙͎̺̺͇̜̙͢s̨͘҉̦̦̘é̶̫̖̘̭̙̥̕ ̲̺͎̰ͅf̨̭͈̮͠͡a̧͓̰̩̲͉͎̳̫u͈̖͇s̖̦͉̀͠t̺̫̺̬̗̗͝į̛̹̺̲͔̬͝à̙̖̘͈̖͘n̢̜̜̝͖ ̠͕̻̠͝h̢͈͓e̞ͅŕ̻̩̯̥̪͈̥͟͞o͔̬̟̬̹̰͎̕͟e̫̪̠̺̟s҉͏̸͓̬̳̦ḑ͉̝͓̗̝̥ȩ̴̰̳̫̳̹̼v͚͚̠̦̗͖̟̯́͝ì̷̳͚͙̣͕̕ḷ̮̦̟͍̙́͜͞d̰̀e̳̟̭̣̝͡v̙̗̦̩̜̯̜ì̵͉͚͈̣͙̣ͅl͕͕̻͔̩͉ͅͅ
̶̢̯͍̦̗̝͘d̨̯̮͕̯̗̀e̛̟̤͔͚̱̳̗̝͎͟v̸̖̖̥̀i̢̡͖͓̫̥͔̻̻͝l҉̹̤͎̱̲̭͉̥s̻̰͎̖͉͙̠̪ ̢̗͕͕̝͔̰̙s͏̟͓̦̫ͅp̨̡̱͓̘e̵̲̼̬͔̺a̛̬͍͕͡ͅk̷̡͙̹͠ͅ ̱̣̱͚́́t̛͇̺̟͠h̦͎͙̀e̛̘͍͕͕̫̜̦͖͘͠ ̨̙̜͓̥t҉̨̝̞̘̬͚͕̫͡r҉̢̠̫̫̩͙̲̭͍͚u̗̻̲͘ͅṯ͔̹̥̩̹h̴͇̼̮͔̹̫̺͍ ͇̫͈̱͈̯͉͜i͕̯͇n̰͙̞ ̶͏̘̼̩͚̥͖̗̣͜b̗͖̲̞͝͡i̦͞t͖͎̗e̛̜͇s͈ ̨̜ą҉̫̭̬̤̬̝̜̯̕n̦̩̗d̷̛͖̭̙̟̦͖ ̮̪̖ẉ͍̠̠̫͝r̡̜̪̟̩͙͝a̭̩͈͖͕͞p̲̮̯͔̭̻͝͞s̡̫̩͙͖ ̘a̹͓̬̺̞͙͚͜n̯̫̙͚̺̬̖̝͟d̙͠ͅ ̢̩̼͓̟̣̬̀̕
̡͕̭̱̩̯̭͍̫͢h̶͕̟̥̬̩̰̬̳i̶̬͎̥͇̠s̼̟̤̠͟s̡̝͖̭͖͢ş̶̠̲̭̘̤͔̻ș̸̻̝̦̰̫͓̱͠ͅs̘̦̭s̷͉͉̰͍s̴͉͕̰̘̙͈̗̗̀ḛ̖̭̩̙́̕s̡̩͘
̘̘̼̞͕̤̜͙
̴̨̟͇́s̵̢͚̤ͅḫ͙͢e̷͇̲̰ ͏̟͓͎̯͝ẁ̶̢̱̣̳̪o̧̝͈n̲̦̼̺̱͇̹̜̕'̩͉̦̥͍̦͚͎t̯̩̦̰͖͕̺ ͇̙g̨̥̹̞͠e̷̮̥͚̻̣͖̼̮̰͢͠t̬̘͕̬̮̪̜͜ ̷̱̀á҉͔͠w̧̝̳̙̤̘ͅa̢̙y͎̖ ̩̜̻͍̥ţ҉͙̦̻̤͘h̡̖̤̳̯͚͘ḭ̟̮̱̙͚̦̤ṣ̡̰̪͓́ ̸̡͙̘͕̺͖̙̙́ţ̫̣̩͉͢i̘̥̦͟m̢̼̘̫͓̪͔͠e̸̜͚͖͔̞͔.̺̘̰̰
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 21, 2017 12:26 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi *waves* Hai! Thank you for the ping!
D'you already have an idea of when exactly will this start, or are you justwaiting for two more members? I'm reserving a spot either way, probably as a Red Machinery-bound character... Either that or a black scythe. *will have to think hard*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Twaggy!

The launch date is puzzled into the DT info! I wanted to ensure folks had time to chew on their characters beforehand, so all Aether releases have been staggered. All the same, SPOT RESERVED!

Also, really all you lock into with your class combo (say "red machinery") is your Aetherpool. Once you have that, you can swap weapons and change your class to whatever you want inside that pool.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 3:02 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...it... It is? Huh. Release date info... *re-reads* ...oh! I see 'em. My detective skills are rusty, it seems, lol.
thisiswhyIshouldn'tstopplayingPhoenixWright
But YAY! thankies!

Aaaah. Aether movepool doesn't equal weaponry choice provided I'm still bound to the class combo I first chose. Gotcha! Welp, I'll start workin' on a few concepts for later, then. Thanks for giving us time.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
there's a peace/you will not
know in this lifetime/know
in a past, perhaps - it had been better
better bETTER if you precious
mikael had stayed there precious
lysandre i have seen the thousand Thousand
suppositions of these fautsian heroesdevildevil
devils speak the truth in bites, and wraps, and
hissssssses

she won't get away this time.

<.< >.>

(also, I'm mostly interested in keeping a character whose basic skills are like Jaron's, so I'd like mine to be a red machinist, if that's alright)
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun May 21, 2017 11:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm keeping Sephtis, so Necromancer! I have mentally revised his original character profile, but there are definitely some changes begging to be made.

@Lumi, are our characters limited to the abilities listed up there, or do we have some room in which to play around?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 22, 2017 2:15 am
Lumi says...

You definitely have room to play around and make it your own constantly-evolving thing. Hence the lack of a spellbook.

Also, Anberlin will be in the black pool beginning with knives as a mesmer.
-Shinji Moon

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

There should be a 'Sky Full of' in front of your title...
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

293 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 11:17 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Feltrix, we beat you with a bit less than ten months, actually. :P

Aether
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Which suddenly reminds me that Miyavi still exists. Huh. Might change her a bit, but keep the character around too. *still thinking hard*

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 28, 2017 2:23 am
Lumi says...

-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sun May 28, 2017 9:41 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

3enter the creator's palm" ...that sounds like a Buddha-challenging-Sun-Wukong-reference.

*shall enter as soon as computer is ready*

293 Reviews

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:57 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I realise I need to post in DTs and SBs more if I don't want my nightmare of being forced to retire coming true, so I guess I'll pop in with the declaration that I intend to complete the questionnaire and/or character profile sometime between now and Friday. If I don't waste my time, it ought to be achievable.
— Paul the Apostle

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 pm
Lumi says...

Once you two are in, Anberlin will follow immediately. I just need that chemistry to make her glue-like.
-Shinji Moon

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor