z

Young Writers Society

Aether [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:50 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I've posted. I've had this written for a while, so I'm not sure why I took this long to actually post it, but it's been done regardless.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:42 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Oh, yeah, it was finished. Welp, thanks for the collab, m'dear! Twas a fun conversation.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm up next! Sheyren and I already started discussing things, but we'll finalise things later in the week. I hope to post before the newsletter is submitted, so I'll start writing on Friday.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:14 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I am ashamed to admit I had only just now read the last two posts, but wow — what posts they were!

@Tortwag, Miyavi's dialogue and thought processes are simultaneously charming and at least odd, if nothing else, which is as delightful to read as always! More than that, though, the scene where Vey/Remedy (I almost don't want to say his name, as if you reading it would affect Miyavi XD) was snatched by the Bull was excellently written. When I started reading it, it was as if the background noise of the class faded slightly and became less important. We see that happen in the media all the time, but I don't recall ever having experienced it myself before! O.o Well done!

@Sheyren, I enjoyed seeing the contrast between Welturna's and Miyavi's mindsets emphasised. Not only does this make for interesting dialogue, but it also highlights the mental conflicts each must endure. I thought that was well-written, so nicely done! You post also leads perfectly into mine, so it feels like I've received a gift or something. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@BrumalHunter I think it's pretty normal, considering how annoying Time is XD But congrats for catching up, man! And glad you enjoyed yourself, too!

Neat! Consistency is still my main issue, so, I'm glad to see that I can still manage that with her (it's still the first time I write a character like her in that kind of setting, so, I can't help but wonder all the time if I can manage). Are you talking about her dialogue/thought-process in the Turbulence post specifically, or just in general? Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I feel like I wrote her differently when collabing with Shey. Hmm, maybe it's because she was having a big conversation with a specific person for the first time?

Oh. Yay! Yeah, that was supposed to be the most shocking part, so, glad I didn't mess that up. Okay! This confirms that.
(Also, YEAH, it's an awesome feeling/moment!)

Welp, I'm glad I was the first one to allow you to experience that, m'dear. That being said, yeah, I think the contrast of Miyavi's mindset VS Welturna's was the best part (Thanks for the war-talk, Shey, it was perfect :3). Welp, time for Septhis to shine! Haven't seen him in a while, so, I'm pumped. Good luck have fun!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks, I shall! And I meant specifically in the Turbulence post. I'll have to reread Sheyren's one, as my focus there was on Welturna more than Miyavi.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:03 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ah, wasn't sure! Gotcha.

293 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:28 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Lumi, would you make up a random name for the Eldritch Lemurian Goddess? The only name I have is Akh Singue, and that's an entity you've saved for later. (A pre-emptive name for the Void Goat would also be nice, jsut as reference.)
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:46 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Akh Singue is the name of the lemurian bastard goddess. A naga-like creature.

And THE GOAT is, in my notes, Z’Baal. Ignore the pun. XD
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

293 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:15 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, so Akh Singue is the one responsible for the sinking? That's convenient! I've had the name the whole time, then.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:34 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Post submitted! @Sheytato, if anything seems off or inaccurate to you, feel free to let me know, and I'll happily edit it. In the meantime, enjoy! Sephtis is now finally part of the group. XD
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:36 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I was waffling over this, but since the post included my favorite Brayel line thus far, I'm definitely giving you a passive trait, @BrumalHunter!

Spoiler! :

Sephtis:// Rejoining
Owing to the breaking of his faux-solitude, Sephtis has been granted passives twofold!
    1. A passive bonus to diplomacy +1.
    2. Reputation boost (10pts) with Ärmoni Works Company and Calloway Law.

Utilize these passives in-narrative as you see fit; I'll be writing an Anberlin post next!
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

And now that she's confessed it to everyone, Anberlin's Premonition passive, which gives her glimpses of the future in her dreams, but never with clarity.
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Hah, thanks, @Lumi! An increase in diplomacy fits perfectly with the post's content. XD

I'll be going to sleep soon, so I shall read your post tomorrow!
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Daaaang I guess I must've written Brayel well, because you both (hunter and lumi) wrote him perfectly (pfff especially the prick and the bourgeois lines). o-o

Great posts, everyone!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath