z

Young Writers Society

Mythical Creatures Anonymous DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I wouldn't mind either! I'm busy for a few days because of family business - the big reunion kind of business - but once I get back I'll play the Catch Up SBs game again with pleasure :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:50 pm
KiraThePotatoChip says...

I got my laptop back! I can write posts more easily now!
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 pm
View Likes
WanderingCloud says...

Can I still join and create a character? Where and how do I submit my character page?

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

@WanderingCloud: You go to the SB, then proceed to go to the character list on the right-hand side. At the bottom it should have the option to 'create character'. Select that, and there you have it!

The format for a character should be in the first post where it talks about the setting, etc.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:14 am
WanderingCloud says...

Well, assuming my character is approved. Can I kill some characters? (Anyone who does not want to continue with the story).

I can play the Devil's Advocate. Your not-so-easy-to-trust-guy could be me. I wish to make havoc everywhere and that would leave some of the characters the question "Why I killed my classmates/schoolmates?" Then they tried to fight me and yeah. Some characters will appear(I will invite a friend of mine to join).

Lo and behold, there could be a traitor from the group(who bribed/threatened/paid me to do the killing). And everyone will know the reason of killings inside the school(which could also be a member of the sinister organization). To make it more interesting, the traitor made good friends with the other creatures; thus leaving him/her in a dilemma/depression/something-like-that.

END OF THE STORY. lol Heheh.

Or just disregard this and continue with the "story". Just a suggestion anyways.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:44 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud The main issue I'd have with that - well, aside killing characters, since that's not necessary for any of this to happen - would be that we're all supposed to bring a shard of plot to the story, and that would be quite the vast plot to use on your own. Since this is an SB, this entire thing is bound to be generally screwed by other plot shards. The one I have for Dotliger for instance doesn't actually require him to be at all affected by yours, which defeats the idea of your devil's advocade and people fighting him/her.

Now, none of this has to be disregarded, simply adapted to whatever happens if this SB is indeed saved.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:09 pm
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Going off what Tortwag has already said, the main point right now is character conflict, internal conflict. Characters aren't meant to be perfect, but it's taken to extremes for everyone's character right now because they all can't really control themselves to their fullest extent. Adding more conflict will change the main plot more than it needs at the moment. I'm not going to shoot down your idea completely, but it raises more questions.

Who would betray us, why would they, what do they hope to gain, is it personal? Even when a character like mine and Falconry's have a sort of symbiotic relationship that keeps both parties under control, there will still be conflict. I think as for now, the internal conflict of everyone's character should be solved before throwing more in.
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Featherstone says...

I second @KiraThePotatoChip and @Tortwag.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief