Young Writers Society

Out of the Shadows DT

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm
Vervain says...

Welcome!

A short explanation of the magic of this world:

- Agents, with the help of a focus object, can summon and communicate with a Familiar. This Familiar comes from a realm of light and shadow—and, of course, of magic. They can perform feats of the near-impossible.

- Even the presence of a Familiar or a focus object is enough to heal the wounds of the agent who is bonded to them. New recruits notice this: From the moment you touch your focus object, all your physical wounds will heal.

- All agents, even the most powerful, have only one Familiar.

- There is one exception to the above rule: The Antiscian. You'll learn about her later.

- Normal people do not know about the existence of magic.

- The Antiscian's forces are currently in a conflict with the Director's over a large uranium mine in Australia, for the sake of profit and funding.

- - -

And the story?

If you are an agent: You have been asked by the Director to locate new recruits before her sister, the Antiscian, does. This is a far cry from your normal missions—you normally guard events, do research into an area to see if it has any worthwhile resources, and explore archeological sites to see if you can find more historical evidence of Familiars. You could be anywhere from 18 to 35 years old (for the sake of this story). Your motto is "Chronicle the Past; Witness the Future".

If you are a recruit: You've come into possession of a pure white object recently. It's important enough to your life that you won't throw it away—in fact, you can't imagine living without it. This one in particular seems important. You cannot summon your Familiar while you're awake, but odd things seem to happen to you while you're asleep—scorch marks on your ceiling or your bed, frozen patches on the floor in the middle of summer. You could be anywhere from 12 to 20 years old (for the sake of the story) and can be from anywhere in the world.

If you are a villain: You have to get to the recruits before the Director's agents do.

Recruits may join either the Director or the Antiscian.

Anyone may play an agent or a recruit—please PM me if you would like to take the second villain slot!
stay off the faerie paths

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 pm
Vervain says...

Additional note: If you are interested in a character, please post so here.

I will provide a character template once I see who's interested!
stay off the faerie paths

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow