Young Writers Society

Pokebook VI: World Tour [DT]

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ooooh, sci-fi, my favorite!

I dunno, the Sicilian mob also interests me, if only because I like the vibe. The genetics group could be tied to the mob (in the way that the mob supplies Gene8 goods through the black market), and it could even be that kind of antagonist group that isn't noticeable at the start but grows in importance and relevance with time. That might be going too far, since it's some pretty big, long-term plot stuff that could contrast with what we have already, and I don't really mind if there is a secondary villain group or not (for all I know, Gene8 could be an offshoot of the mob group, but is actually pretty boring). In any case, I'd rather that the mob be the main group, though, because it reminds me of Giovanni, and seems most appropriate here.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:11 am
sheysse says...

I'm not all too familiar with what you have planned, but as a sci-fi nerd, I will support any form of genetic modifying or cloning.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I have absolutely no idea what will come out of this, so, there is a good chance my voice won't do much for this kind of vote.

Whatever happens suits me!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I spent some time trying to come up with a good suits joke because all the grunts wear silly clothing, but nothing came to mind.

Should I write a tournament post too, or just wait until the next chapter/challenge?

EDIT: also hi everyone.

EDIT 2: here's the joke.

Why could the grunts never win against each other in cards?

They all had the same suits.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Ventomology I... I actually kinda lie the suits joke.

POSTED AT LAST! (And as they prolyl all mentioned to you in Discord, yesh, you can totally post for the tournament like I did there).

Glad to be official part of the game :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Wakes up hastily* @Lumi I found the name for the scouter thing. SynchrOne.
Based on the French word "synchrone", AKA being synchronized, and merging the English words "sync" and "one" to go with the thing's concept, since you become one with your 'Mon's vision to order it more efficiently.

So there! The SynchrOne is my suggestion. falls back to Pokkén-induced dream

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I'm an actual pun queen, yes.

Also fyi for people raring to post the finals stuff, Shey and I def have posts coming that should fit in before then, but I have a paper due Thursday that I have to finish first so I predict like Friday or Saturday I'll be done.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Tortwag, do you think it's possible to drop the R? If you pronounce "SynchrOne" the same way as "synchrone", then there's almost no reason to emphasise the "one", as that's super cheesy, since synchronisation means to make the same, as we know, so you don't need to make it a pseudo-pleonasm. (I'm critiquing the original name and therefore the developers' choice - I know you're just the messenger and so shouldn't be shot. XD) If you pronounce it "sinkr-one", on the other hand, it just sounds weird. SynchOne loses some of the original reference, but its spelling looks weird. Still, SyncOne also looks weird and is technically more correct in spelling, but even further removed. Just calling it a "Synchrone" is actually just the best solution, in my opinon. (Who needs silly puns anyway if it upsets pedants? :P)

Eh, those are just my two long-winded cents.

@Ventomology, I'm going to post next, but it won't influence your or Sheyren's posts.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Then Synchron it is! Thankies for the long-winded cents, m'dear.

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:45 am
BrumalHunter says...

I have posted! Prepare yourselves - it is another long one. But nevertheless entertaining!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:55 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Since it's time to vote for the YWS Best and Most Awards again, I propose we should all vote for this as the best storybook of 2017! Some other SBs may have more posts, but are any of them as witty and wacky as this one? ;)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:06 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, it's a thing? And voting for ourselves isn't cheating? Huh. Sure, I guess!

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate