z

Young Writers Society

Pokebook VI: World Tour [DT]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

That so needs to happen. Err, don't let Connor make them, though. He'll probably try to make Luxury Ball versions and fail horribly, making something entirely inedible.

Also! I ate sushi over the weekend for the first time! The tempura prawns were delicious (once I could manage to pick it up with the chop sticks), and the salmon tomato and rock shrimp tempura were okay, but the calamari gunkan had me gagging several times, with my mother actually hiding behind her hands at some point because she couldn't bear to watch. (Note that we ate dinner with my mother's godmother, who is a notoriously uptight and easily displeased individual.) All in all, I can say that it's tolerable, but I would much rather have preferred my brother's plain fish and chips + calamari. XD

PS: Never take a dare to eat the whole ball of wasabi, since you will feel distinctly ill afterwards.

Spoiler! :
If you thought I was stupid enough to accept a dare like that, the joke is on you! I dared my brother, who kept joking that he was going to steal the wasabi. I told him afterwards I was sorry for not being sorry. :twisted:
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I dunno why it never occurred to us to make the food Pokemon themed in the first place. I guess it'd be on a festival ground, like the Sunstone festival next chapter. We could pull an Akira Toriyama and have the Bottomless Pit trope at a buffet with the more reserved kids eating sushi carefully in the bedlam.

Let me find a clip.

phpBB [media]

That. That's basically Saul and Hannah at a buffet.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Finally. Posted @_@

I have left deciding what, exactly, Jas, Art, and Miles do to the others completely open ended, so you lot can have fun with that. But since Jas is involved, expect, well, something that involves Murtle. And Rotom. Because those two ghosts should never ever ever be together they get Ideas.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

293 Reviews

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Great post, @Rosendorn! Totally wasn't about to tag you as Jasmine. <_< Regarding the pranks, I vote Hannah, Cam and Saul be the victims. (Poor souls. XD)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 pm
BrumalHunter says...

*crumbles paper into ball and throws over shoulder* I like the new challenge anyway! I now just have to revisit the pad to see what my - by which I totally mean Connor's XD - team will be in the future.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hai, people! I... exist, apparently! I'll just casually read everything and try not to mess up my first post despite being so late to the party.

(Yes I know Discord is the thing to use for communication, but eh, the DT's here, so, might as well.)

Ah, and I might as well show off my true feelings from being here, behind this unusually reserved tone.

...Yeah... Yeah, that's pretty accurate.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:56 pm
Lumi says...

New poll added to choose the antag team for the story!
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Saw it! Why do we even have antagonists... WELP, Guess you'll tell us eventually. That being said, if Team Inferno ends up bein' chosen, I'd love their Grunt theme to be like this:
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]
Because it's so. Darn. CATCHY.

That being said, I call dibs on the next post, if possible! Finally caught up everything, and this tournament is a PERFECT excuse to introduce Heitor in a moderately fancy way :3
Won't be able to start writing until this weekend, however, sooo bear with me on this one.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:29 pm
Lumi says...

Dibs called and granted! That said, since the tourney is in different tents, @BrumalHunter could theoretically continue wiping the floor with @TheSilverFox, yeah?

Or do you have an idea to enter during that brawl, @Tortwag?
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:37 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thanks!

Oh no, it's perfectly fine if the butt-kicking continues on their side, since I did catch these first matches were on different brackets. I just planned to have my own bracket happen, then have Heitor leave after his matches and meet the group chunk by chunk.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm
Lumi says...

*throws a Luxury Ball at @Tortwag*

I recanted my vote for Team Inferno just so we wouldn't have a stalemate anymore. I really wanted the Mobster feel of Family Cicero, y'know?

SO @BrumalHunter @Sheytato @TheSilverFox @Lumi

Family Cicero will be our side evil. We get to decide as a clan (here and/or discord) what they do that's illegal/immoral.) My first idea is like cornering the TM market, wanting to get their app to be the monopoly for all Technical Machine Apps (TMAs), so they like target indie developers or rising developers like Art & Miles.
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:24 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, I forgot to vote on this! XD

What exactly does "Gene8" mean? And how much would Rocket Corp. be based off Team Rocket? And did you have any ideas for Team Inferno?
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm
Lumi says...

I had ideas for Vogon and Cicero while making this. XD
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:37 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Because a company that performs illegal genetic research could be interesting, but I don't want to throw a spanner in the works. Might I request that we just change the name of the mobfamily? (I recently remembered that the Latin C is pronounced the same as a K, so Cicero is Kikero. I guess the name can stay, but it doesn't sound as nice as it did before. XD)
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 am
Lumi says...

I don't mind changing the name of the mob family, or any of the names. In fact, I think the genetic-based storyline would be cool if you'd be willing to lead its conception. I'm not very good at sci-fi. >.>

What do you all say? @Tortwag @TheSilverFox @BrumalHunter @Sheytato
-Shinji Moon

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman