z

Young Writers Society

Children of Crain Idrith: DT

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:08 am
EvangelineFire says...

@ChildOfNowhere Two questions.

Do the Fae wear the same clothes as humans?

Are Fae at all similar to elves? Such as generally more feminine features and longer hair? (I'm asking because I actually found a really good picture of my character, but it's obviously elven. Is that okay?)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Okay, for those struggling with fae pictures, I have a suggestion.

Go onto Pinterest, and in the search bar, type in things like: 'forest nymph', 'nymph', 'pict woman/man', 'faerie' and add 'concept art' or 'character inspiration' after your tags. This should help you find something. Although it isn't easy finding a picture, it's taken me three days of looking, but I've managed to find at least three after typing in 'faerie concept art'. Hopefully this helps ^^

In saying that, I should get my CP up soon. Also I take it the fae don't have pointed ears?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

This is why I have a stockpile of more or less 200 character images to use for all my CPs... (I know the struggle of finding the perfect pic all too well) I shall have my profile up in the week
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 am
sheysse says...

I'm gonna try and get my CP up today... Anything I should know about my role? I was thinking alcoholic father who used to be a knight but retired a long time ago. When his child was taken, he set out but because he hasn't fought in a long time, he has to teach himself how to fight again.

Also, you said the two humans need to be from different cities, so @StellaThomas where were you thinking yours could be from?

24 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:03 pm
Basil says...

Oh, right, whoops xD Forgot to mention my CP is up! ^^
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:17 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

EvangelineFire wrote:@ChildOfNowhere Two questions.

Do the Fae wear the same clothes as humans?

Are Fae at all similar to elves? Such as generally more feminine features and longer hair? (I'm asking because I actually found a really good picture of my character, but it's obviously elven. Is that okay?)

Basil wrote: Also I take it the fae don't have pointed ears?

I promised the fae types post a while back and ended up too busy to type it up. So here goes. In short, there are three main kinds (races) of fae:

Night faes — they tend to keep more to shadows and will often be found sleeping during days and out and about during the nights. They generally hate being restrained or closed in, so their homes are usually higher up in the glass towers, where they can see the stars through the openings in the trees. They prefer to be alone or with their own families, but that still differs between individuals, and they also tend to have the best memory out of the three. In addition to healing and mind magic that all fae can do, they can also turn invisible for a short duration of time.

River faes — they're the ones maybe the most connected to the woods, and especially interested in music: there isn't a single river fae that isn't musically gifted in one way or another. They adore water and everything to do with it, and it's quite common for their homes to incorporate water in some way. They look human-ish just as the other fae, but these are the most likely to use glamour to change themselves into looking less human, thus adding pointy ears and whatnot and making sure to occasionally walk close to humans who stray too far into the woods. In addition to healing and mind magic that all fae can do, they also possess a hint of charming magic to their voices, and are able to make most people do as they command.

Wind faes— they're generally more petite than the other two fae races, and the others would call them spoiled but endearing. They too enjoy their freedom, and they are explorers, especially fond of climbing the trees as high as they can, looking at the Woods from above. Especially during storms — they love storms, and the lightning doesn't hurt them. They will often make their homes in those trees as well, and they're probably the most friendly type of the fae — but also the most likely to push you off a tree and let you die if you say the wrong thing around them. They're quick-tempered, stubborn once they make a decision, and extremely protective over all the fae and their city. In addition to healing and mind magic that all fae can do, they can also swap places with another person in their sight at will — it's similar to teleportation, in the sense that they get from one place to the next, but they have to have someone to switch places with.

Fae can be mixes of those races, also, in which case they'd either end up with the extra ability of just one of them or with a new ability that's a mix of the two. Either way, I'm leaving it to you to come up with, but I won't allow abilities that go too far.

Re: length of hair, it's really quite individual, so if the pic fits your character, go for it. Same for pointy ears — they all have the natural glamour, a magic that allows them to change their appearance a little bit or hide certain things (more as an illusion they project on others than a real transformation), and many of the fae find it fun to take whatever legends and nursery rhymes they hear from the human side and make them into fashion.

TheMaieuticMesmerist wrote:This is why I have a stockpile of more or less 200 character images to use for all my CPs... (I know the struggle of finding the perfect pic all too well) I shall have my profile up in the week

I have such a stockpile too... and still end up searching for hours every time because nothing is quite perfectly fitting enough :mrgreen:

Sheyren wrote:I'm gonna try and get my CP up today... Anything I should know about my role? I was thinking alcoholic father who used to be a knight but retired a long time ago. When his child was taken, he set out but because he hasn't fought in a long time, he has to teach himself how to fight again.

This sounds great to me!

Both of you playing the humans, just remember that the child you're looking for is actually the changeling one, and your character doesn't know that. Totally up to you how they'd react :wink:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

24 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:04 pm
Basil says...

Thank you for that!!

Would it bother you if I altered my charry to fit one of the types?
Of course I am.
Why?

117 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 pm
crossroads says...

Nope, go ahead!
- they/them -

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

h0i Aria, humaen boy from Vath incoming today c:
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:02 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Apologies for making you wait so long @ChildOfNowhere, but my Microsoft Word expired, and I couldn't access any of my written documents. My profile will be submitted by tomorrow.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Amnesia says...

Im doing my CP right now so I can get it in. I have some spare time (finally) but I need to know exactly how old the children were when they were taken. I wanna assume they were just small babies but not entirely sure on that front
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

117 Reviews

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm
crossroads says...

Yup, newborn babies.

I'm thinking of starting nextish week, so having the profiles by the weekend or so would be nice!
- they/them -

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm
Amnesia says...

My CP has been up since the 28th xD I completely spaced on letting you all know here oops
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

117 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hmm, wait.

The changeling kiddos do not have powers — or at least, they don't know they do until they arrive to CI where the other fae are, because being separated from others makes them way more alike humans.

Also, none of them know they're not human. I think none of you made that mistake in your CPs so far, but I felt like noting it. Neither them, nor their human families/parents/whatever, have any idea. They would've heard stories about the Fae, growing up, but those stories are warnings and dark legends, and tales of war that ended just around the time they were born.

The humans who raised them also don't know they kiddos are anything but their own offspring, and have no idea that the Fae had switched the babies around.

The human kiddos over at CI know, because for them it's quite obvious and I'm pretty sure the Fae told them anyway (but it could be fun if one of them wasn't told and instead keeps thinking they're just behind on developing powers, or something xP)

Also, it's a new week, and not all the profiles are in >:c
- they/them -

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan