z

Young Writers Society

Sailing the Neath DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:34 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Welcome, my fellow passengers on the ARS Baskerville! Ready for the journey of a lifetime?

Spoiler! :
I am tagging my oldest and dearest team mates from Wilderness here @Wolfical, @StupidSoup, @AstralHunter, @Rydia This here is the new adventure SB I was talking about

And I'll also tag @TheSilverFox, @ChildOfNowhere, @Lumi and @Falconer here, just to peak interest... Even if you don't have time/ don't like the concept, this way I know at least ;-)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I'll know for sure next week when uni starts again, but for now count me interested! Loved the game, need to think about a character to honour it (soo many choices~)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Welcome aboard temporarily (at least until you know for sure) I'm glad to have you here
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:10 am
EvangelineFire says...

Hello, this sounds amazing. :D Could you reserve a spot for me?

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 am
View Likes

@EvangelineFire, welcome aboard!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:57 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

You had me at sailing <3
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:06 pm
View Likes

Welcome aboard Admiral @Rydia!

*whispers* I guess now we'll be sailing the first of the seven seas for my punishment, ay? Forward and backward, up and down, if I recall correctly ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 pm
StupidSoup says...

I shall request a position in this book.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 am

Welcome aboard @StupidSoup!

Just a note- I am adding two extra requirements to the CT (if you've started already, just add them in at the end)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 am

Also, I will provide the rough schematics for the ARS Baskerville so you can get an idea of what the ship will be like, and so we can all resrve in which chamber your room will be ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

13 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 am
EvangelineFire says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer Can you explain in a little more detail what exactly it means to sell your soul?

Also, were you purposefully keeping The Great Game vague? Because I have some ideas for my character regarding The Great Game, but I don't want it to contradict how you've imaged The Great Game.

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am

Hey @EvangelineFire. The Neath is essentially one level above Hell, so a person's soul is not invisible when removed from a body, and people can still live without their souls. Selling your soul comes with advantages, like a prolonged lifespan, etc, but also with disadvantages, like increased frequencies of living nightmares, etc.

There are three ways to relieve yourself of your soul-
1) Selling it to a Devil that fled from Hell- the most common way, and the least dangerous. The Brimstone Convention actually have an expansive and legitimate soultrading business, selling their souls to the rich or the intellectual (since souls prolong the user's lifespan without the hassle of being soulless)

2) Having it removed by a soulifier- More dangerous, and usually done without your consent. Soulifiers are men (some working for the Admiralty), wearing dark cloaks and who usually enjoy hearing people scream in pain.

3) Selling it to a Pentecost Ape- this is only available in the Empire of Hands, since the Pentecost Apes are under strict Admiralty embargoes and quarantines. These apes try very hard to be like humans, and use human souls to accomplish their slow "transformation" into humans

Selling your soul also pays a lot, so many people sell their souls to gain more money/influence in order to progress in society.

Regarding the Great Game- what it entails is both everything and nothing at the same time. Every single part of society plays some part in the Game. The only things that I will elaborate on are: Players in the game usually have a symbol to identify them on their person (albeit a tattoo, birthmark, a symbol ring, etc) Each player's symbol is unique, thus each player can be identified by other player via their symbols.
Players never directly contact one another (face to face), but rather through notes/letters that are codified (the main part of each code is a chessmove, but I will explain the code shortly 8) )
Thus, whatever your ideas for your character, they will fit into the overarching Great Game (even if it might be insignificant other players, to those involved in your ideas it is literally their lives and deaths)

Is this clearly explained? If not, please do not hesitate to say so ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

13 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:43 am
EvangelineFire says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer Yes, that's just what I needed. Thanks! :D

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 pm
View Likes

I'll be submitting my profile tomorrow, as well as the schematics for the boat and the first SB challenge. I think I'll close the requests for now (others can still join later if they are daring), so congrats on being my team for this!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

13 Reviews

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:21 am
EvangelineFire says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer Hey, not to sound impatient, but I submitted my CP a few days ago and it still hasn't been approved. Is there something you wanted me to change or have you just not gotten around to it? ;)

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester