Young Writers Society

Fireheart DT

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:42 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

So I've been meaning to ask -- are the bending skills like. Signature strikes our characters utilize during combat among generic bending? Or should I modify the combat I already have to make Malek adhere to the two attacks he knows?

MY INSTINCT TELLS ME THE FIRST IS RIGHT.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

It's the first one :)

I was actually talking to @astralhunter in a chat over in The Witnesses Discord and here's how I view Bending Arts: Basically every one of our main cast can bend, but they also have Bending Arts. It's assumed that all of them know basics to bending, but their Arts are unique, special moves that they have learned (or will learn) and we can either make a note of learning them in the story or just retcon them in. I'm fine with either.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:32 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I bumped Malek's age by a few years since 22 didn't seem salty enough.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:59 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Myaran Language Cipher

a - e
e - o
i - flat e
o - soft a
u - flat o
y-soft - i

b - th
c - s
d - v
f - m
g - sh
h - j
j - h
k - n
l - r
m - b
n - c
p - t
q - ch
r - L
s - qu
t - d
v - v
w - k
x - f
y - g
z - wh
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Also, if you're not feeling up to translating anytime a language thing comes up, just ask and I'll give you a translation somewhere.

My question to pose to people is what caused the turbulence on the ship (and I don't mean the one sailing between Ace and Malek right now OH HO HO HO)
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I was thinking that the ship took off, so they're now officially in the air and starting the maiden voyage.

Orrrr it could be unnamed-lightning-lady-who-supposedly-fell-off-but-may-not-have doing something dastardly in the engine room.

Or it could be the one sailing between Ace and Malek :P

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 am
ScarlettFire says...

Loooove the tension there, Lumidarling.

Oooh, it could be both, Omnom? The ship taking off + something extra from Lightning Lady?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:21 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Annnd reviving dead things.

Heyo peeps, I know it's been a long time since we've talked here (unless you see me randomly pop up on Discord) but guess what? I'm still here and writing. We have a bit to talk about because I've been completely slacking on doing things regarding this Storybook, but first things first, let me give an update on what I'm planning + how far I'm actually in on doing said things.

-A post for Halona - 300 words done so far with a good idea regarding the direction of both the rest of the post and Halona in general. Should be done within the week
-Going over Scar's post - haven't started. I still need to figure out who to interact with Aracelis.
-Cordon post - Haven't started yet, nor do I have a good direction for him. Give me some time, but I do plan on Cordon being after Halona
-something Juno-related - either an inclusion in someone else's post or bookkeeping work for her. @Vellichor will have to help with whatever is done.

So, those are my plans! I'd like to hear yours, but first...

*Ping* @Apricity @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Vellichor @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX *Ping*

First off, who all is still in this. I'm looking at @Apricity and @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX in particular (Apri you've been radio silent regarding FH basically since CTs so I'd really like to know if you're still willing to be in this Storybook) (Swords just wondering if you're still up for continuing this a month after any activity!)

Oh, also, this is about a month late, but...

Level Up!

Yes, that's right. We're Level Four now! Which means bookkeeping needs updating!

Now, I still have that SB Challenge that I believe I posted but nothing was ever done about it or I made and never posted. The above needed bookkeeping will be a part of said challenge, so no worries on doing it right now. I'd rather see posts than bookkeeping stuff.

Last but not least, an apology. I f***** up, and let each and every one of you down. Life got in the way, excuses excuses, but the fact remains that I was radio silent for a month.

Please forgive me, and I hope this is a note that will let you know I'm still willing to work on this.
Last edited by Omni on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Husbando, I hate to say it but you may need to bring on new writers for the empty slots.

Bending Art 3: Malek
Wasteland Jet: The ability to concentrate flames from the feet and control for short periods of low-to-mid altitude flight. May increase in strength with level and Hextech.
-Shinji Moon

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Omnom

I am still here. Just waiting for a response that I can actually work with is all.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:12 am
View Likes
Vellichor says...

Profession: Woodwork

Talent: Humidifier - TBD

Bending Art 1: Red Bull - Her favorite animal, a bull that pulled the crank that powered her father's forge, influenced her bending in more ways than one might imagine. Juno can bend her fire into the form of a great red bull, which will charge an enemy unrelentingly once released from Juno's hands.

Bending Art 2: Mirage - Juno can use the heat produced by her fire abilities to bend air/ light to create limited illusions from a distance.

Bending Art 3: Dragon's Breath - A concentrated burst of fire that emanates from Juno's mouth that can reach distances of up to 50 feet.

Main Weapon: Hardened Rowan Staff with iron caps on either end.

Secondary Weapon: An old dagger

Hextech: TBD
Last edited by Vellichor on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:26 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Lumi I'll take you up on that offer if you have anyone who wants to join. Until then I'm afraid it's not on the top of my list just yet.

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX alrighty I'll PM you to start tossing plot bunnies around ^^

@Vellichor thanks love! I'll probably do a bit of tweaking for balance but you're the best. I'll think on the watch when I'm not on my phone

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm sure we decided on Ace's hextech slot aaagggeeees ago, but I can't remember? It was probably in the discord, so I'll go snoop for it later. If I can't find it, I'll give you a new one. ^^

As for bending art. Um.

Serpent's Gale: a blast of concentrated air designed to knock an opponent off their feet.

Adjust as needed!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 am
View Likes
Omni says...

My pink name is glorious <3

Also, I have decided that Halona is now the resident waterbender instead of a firebender since Ezra is MIA. I'll fix that and update it when I get to the bookkeeping ^^ (also does that mean her lava gun is now a... watergun? pffthaha I crack myself up)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

I AM SCREAMING
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins