Young Writers Society

Fireheart DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon May 01, 2017 7:50 am
View Likes
Omni says...

An early morning post to kick off May :D hopefully this will be signs of many posts to come!

Also, we leveled up. I'll talk about that later (when I'm more awake and vision is not blurry <3)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue May 02, 2017 1:33 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

And a second post to keep it flowing!

This is going to be fun. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

β€œIt's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 am
Omni says...

*Ping* @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Sheyren @Omnom *Ping*

Level Up!

We've reached Level 7! Which meeeeeans MOAR BOOKKEEEPING HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

• Bending Arts and their names: @Sheyren (3)
    Spoiler! :
    This is something unique that you can do during combat re: bending. Arts are unique, special moves that they have learned with their bending.
  • One Common weapon and one Uncommon weapon: @Sheyren (Common, Uncommon)
    Spoiler! :
    You have two slots: Main hand and Offhand. You'll want to fill both of the slots unless your main fighting tool is bending (like Corrick; he uses basically only bending as his fighting). Common is weak and not very good, just basic weapons. Uncommon is a step up from that I'd recommend you make your Uncommon weapon your main hand,
    since that's something you'll be using more often.
  • Uncommon Armor Slots: @ScarlettFire (1) @Sheyren (3) @Lumi (1)
    Spoiler! :
    Uncommon armor slots are good-ish armor you have with your character. Look at the FH Tome for examples from myself and Scar. You only have two slots so use them wisely, until we add more. While you do have this armor, your character might not actually have this armor in every fight. Because not all fights are prepared for.
  • Hextech Slot: @Sheyren (2) @Lumi (1) @ScarlettFire (1)
    Spoiler! :
    A Hextech slot is basically the universe's variation of a jewel or gem that gives you minor benefits. You'll learn more about Hextech after you read, but look at the FH Tome for examples.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

If we have only 2 armor slots, why do you need three armor concepts from me?

EDIT: ignore this... I was being dumb and trying to ask questions at six in the morning. I solved my own stupidity.
I also PMed you the details, as you'll soon see.
Last edited by sheysse on Tue May 02, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue May 02, 2017 2:22 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Mouth of the Basilisk - - - A flexible, breathable bandit's mask made of basilisk skin and cotton fiber. It seems to contain a chemical that enhances the power of fire as it passes through.

Chemical Panic - - - A hextech fibril to be woven into cloth (or as tattoo ink in the skin) that adds a fear effect to enemies when fire makes skin or eye contact.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:20 pm
Omni says...

Code: Select all
[color=gold][b][small-caps]*Ping* @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Sheyren @Vellichor @Omnom*Ping*[/small-caps][/b][/color]

[b]Storybook:[/b] [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=106338&view=unread#unread][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/aNdgdoB.png[/img][/center][/url]

[b]The Challenge:[/b]

1.  Now that everyone has caught up with the Fireheart Tome, I'd like to see some of it in action within the the story.  Nothing major, just something to meet my fancy and bring the two together.  While you probably won't be able to use your talents, you have Hextech Slots and your weapons and armor.  Make it unique and make it yours! 

2.  I know, I know, you've made those Bending Arts and haven't used them much yet.  For now, I want to see at least one in action.  Not all of us will be fighting during the ball, but there will be opportunities for each character to use at least one, I believe. 

3.  This ball will be happening quickly, with short posts swithcing from character to character often.  However, there are quite a few things in this event, and I'd love your characters to explore all of it.  Move around a bit.  There's more to this ball than just the dancefloor.  Sooo, have your character move around and enjoy the ball.  Have a nice moment.  Trust me, they won't last long. 

[color=crimson][b]In order to earn any points, your post must be at least 750 words.[/b][/color]

[size=180][marquee][color=gold][b][small-caps]Relic Hunting[/small-caps][/b][/color][/marquee][/size]

[right][b]For Everyone[/b][/right]

A relic is aboard the [i]Leviathan[/i].  Its location is known, so now the next step is to find it in-story.  That is worth [b]1 Point[/b]. 

However, another Relic has made itself known. 

[i]Six Hearts rule the land, their iron and earthen grasps suffocating any who oppose them with mountainous power.  From their melting tower they impose the land with safety, with life.  In the end, we are theirs to take back to the river of Aether.  [/i]

[b]Completion Time:[/b] We have a posting order, so you know already how many posts before the ball ends :D

[b]Credits Awarded:[/b] 1 point per challenge completed.  The Relic hint is still far out so I doubt any of you will get it.

This Challenge will be coming back when I have more time to commit to Fireheart ^^ however, thanks for all your enthusiasm when I am here! I love seeing it <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

the novel form looks so nice (despite being a hunka hunka burnin' text)

:3 i'm proud of us for writing so much together already.
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

It really does look beautiful. My next plan is to chop off each character so the next one will be on the next page, like chapters.

(Also it took me hours to get the pictures in there lol, then I took them out because I didn't like them in there, then I put them back in. I'M SO INDECISIVE!!!)

Anyway, I am doing bookkeeping now. Expect a level xD since I'm three posts behind. Also, expect me to update standings on the SB Challenge. I believe we'll all be able to get two or three points from it.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:08 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

LOL I WON'T.

I was too ambitious to get the plot clicked into place with Nadir and Corrick. I think I accomplished ONE of my tasks. Maybe one point.

Also, reading this in novel form, like. Malek's second scene is as a social justice rabble rouser. I absolutely love that, and I think it got hidden really really quickly under all the tension. Expect a return to that in Act 2.
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

MALEK YOU HAD ONE TWO THREE JOBS

I would be lenient on the Challenges but good lord you did the EXACT OPPOSITE of staying away from Corrick. xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:05 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

*Ping* @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Sheytato @Omnom *Ping*

Level Up!

We've reached Level 8! shhh we reached a while back but i was a month behind on bookkeeping

• 1 Talent and Talent Name: @Lumi @ScarlettFire @Sheytato
    Spoiler! :
    A Talent is something specific from your profession that you can do on-the-go. Up to you if it includes you bending.
  • Uncommon Armor Slots: @ScarlettFire (1) @Sheytato (1) @Lumi (1)
    Spoiler! :
    Uncommon armor slots are good-ish armor you have with your character. Look at the FH Tome for examples from myself and Scar. You only have two slots so use them wisely, until we add more. While you do have this armor, your character might not actually have this armor in every fight. Because not all fights are prepared for.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm
Lumi says...

Malek

TALENT:
Connoisseur: The intake of herbal ingredients heals moderately more potently and moderately more swiftly than the average bender.

RARE HANDS:
Blacksun Grips: High-quality leather gloves that cut off above the wrist for block protection. The fiber is of lighter material than most, and allows quicker casting through the hands.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm
Lumi says...

Halona

TALENT
Salvage and Innovate! As long as there are mechanical raw materials, Halona is able to make quick one-shot upgrades for her weapon or hextech armor for combat.

RARE HEADPIECE
Scaled Monocle: A magnifying lens beset by steel and scales, operating on Hextech. Allows for higher accuracy and critical with lower recharge time at the cost of low defense.
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Omnom wrote:*Ping* @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Sheyren @Omnom *Ping*

Storybook:

Corrick's Mission

Corrick's main goal during the ball is to find his target by any means. He must be discreet, as the person he is trailing might catch onto him at any time.

1: Find any evidence relating to Myaran sabotage, since his target will most likely be behind it.
2: Reduce casualties as much as possible. A clean job, in and out.
3: Locate his target, and finish the job.

Aracelis' Mission

Aracelis was invited to the ball for one purpose, and one purpose only: to make some mulahhh to look out for Nadir. All signs were pointing toward him attending that ball.

1: Keep an eye out for Nadir
2: Keep an eye on Malek, because he likes to find trouble
3: There's a lot of rich people attending the ball. Who wouldn't mind losing a couple of coins. Ace might be able to help with that.

Malek's Mission

Unlike Aracelis, this ball is strictly a mission for Malek. Not just a mission. This is for safety, not just for him, but for all of Myar. Nadir must not leave this ball.

1: Find Nadir
2: Make Nadir talk
3: Avoid suspicion from both Nadir's followers and Halona's friend who's after him

Halona's Mission

While Halona's mind is in conflict, her goal here is clear: make sure the ball doesn't end in disaster for her and her friends, even if she has to intervene on Corrick's mission. Must she clean up other's messes all the time?

1: Keep an eye on her new friends.
2: Keep an eye on Corrick and make sure he doesn't kill her new friends.
3: Fend off anyone who distracts her. Especially men. And pray for them if they try to hit on her.

Rakan's Mission

Rakan's mission is super simple: he's gonna have fun. Oh boy, he's too naive and narcissistic for what's about to happen.

1: Meet some rich people.
2: Maybe if he's around rich people, he'll seem rich, right? Right?!
3: If he seems rich, I'm sure someone will date his hot looks and personality.

In order to earn any points, your post must be at least 750 words.

Relic Hunting

For Everyone

A relic is aboard the Leviathan. Its location is known, so now the next step is to find it in-story. That is worth 1 Point.

However, finding the relic is just the beginning. The team must work together to unlock its powers.

Completion Time: We have a posting order, so you know already how many posts before the ball ends :D

Credits Awarded: 1 point per challenge completed. 1 point for the person who finds the relic.

Your challenge has expired! It looks tough, so good luck with the next ones!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
β€” Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Omni says...

So, Corrick's post is already over 1000 words, and I haven't even gotten to the torture part! D:

@Sheytato so this post might move the other peeps stuff along quite a bit. Do you want to start outlining now? I'd like to see if there's two or maybe three posts we can get out of Halona's part before they all meet up together in the Ballroom.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour