378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 am
View Likes
Omni says...

*Ping* @ScarlettFire @Lumi @Sheyren @Omnom *Ping*

Level Up!

Ayyyy, we've reached Level Six! (Shh don't worry about level five I didn't make a post about it because people were dropping like flies) but that means even more bookkeeping. @Sheyren there's short descriptions to everything regarding the Bookkeeping so you might get accustomed to them before we sit down and work on them.

• Profession: @Sheyren
    Spoiler! :
    Something your character does like cooking or jewelcrafting.
  • 1 Talent and Talent Name: @Sheyren
    Spoiler! :
    A Talent is something specific from your profession that you can do on-the-go. Up to you if it includes you bending.
  • Bending Arts and their names: @Sheyren (3) @ScarlettFire (1)
    Spoiler! :
    This is something unique that you can do during combat re: bending. Arts are unique, special moves that they have learned with their bending.
  • One Common weapon and one Uncommon weapon: @Lumi (Uncommon) @Sheyren (Common, Uncommon)
    Spoiler! :
    You have two slots: Main hand and Offhand. You'll want to fill both of the slots unless your main fighting tool is bending (like Corrick; he uses basically only bending as his fighting). Common is weak and not very good, just basic weapons. Uncommon is a step up from that I'd recommend you make your Uncommon weapon your main hand,
    since that's something you'll be using more often.
  • Uncommon Armor Slots: @ScarlettFire (1) @Sheyren (2) @Lumi (2)
    Spoiler! :
    Uncommon armor slots are good-ish armor you have with your character. Look at the FH Tome for examples from myself and Scar. You only have two slots so use them wisely, until we add more. While you do have this armor, your character might not actually have this armor in every fight. Because not all fights are prepared for.
  • Hextech Slot: @Sheyren
    Spoiler! :
    A Hextech slot is basically the universe's variation of a jewel or gem that gives you minor benefits. You'll learn more about Hextech after you read, but look at the FH Tome for examples.

Re: Corrick's post - I have finished transfering his outline from paper to wfp so I am at the point to start writing. Hopefully I'll be able to get this post out and maybe we can get to the ball before this month ends.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Uncommon Weapon: Blacksun Janbiya
Uncommon Armor (Legs): Blacksun Leggings
Uncommon Armor (Feet): Blacksun Leather Sprinters
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:16 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Lumi whenever you get back on, is there anyway you can give me some short descriptions on your armor pieces. I talked more in the Discord, but you know, you know

Alsoooooo FH Tome has been updated an itsy bitsy. We now have more level goals (they've gotten much higher in points but also give more rewards. They're also still subject to channnge)

If y'all see anything wrong with it, please lemme know. I miss stuff and stuffs

Spoiler! :
*whistles innocently*

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Blacksun Leggings: A pair of basilisk-skin leg guards scavenged from the body of a Nadiri agent. Gives bonuses to agility and haste.

Blacksun Leather Sprinters: A pair of basilisk-skin boots scavenged from a Nadiri agent. Gives bonuses to agility and haste.

Figure THOSE stats out, Husbando!
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Why u do this to meeee @Lumi

Also, any flavor text for that fancy blade of yours? Malek is now our knives guy in this Storybook. Was wondering when that would happen lol

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Blacksun Janbiya: A wickedly curved dagger of Myaran design. Capable of conducting flame more easily than typical metals, thus ideal for firebenders. Contains veins to contain venom.
-Shinji Moon

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm
View Likes
Vellichor says...

My schedule has been updated at long last and I know that I will be able to dedicate at least one day a week to YWS. If you'll all still have me, I'd love to get back into the thick of things.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Vellichor I've invited you back to the Discord whenever you're able to jump back on there. Unfortunately I never received a reply from you so I did delete Juno's CT.

HOWEVER, Halona Adeen (who I'm currently writing for at the moment) is needing a writer or a co-writer, if you're willing! I'd be willing to help ease you into her character and I'm sure everyone else will, too.

If you do want to make an original character, they'd have to wait until Act 2 to be implemented :/

But, please, come join us in the Discord for more chat about it

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:59 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

So. Fallout from that post:

1. Malek is at about 80% health and given a healing factor from the crystals

2. Thank you, crystals.

3. Halona will be freaking out because Murder In The Penthouse.

4. Malek has his new gear in-canon (thought that'd be a nice touch.)

5. Ace effectively showed how sneaky and slick she is, plus powerful to boot.

6. Halona may have gained her role as The Heart Of The Party.

7. Thank you, TVTropes.
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am
View Likes
Omni says...

1. I'm glad he is healed physically mostly (I read something I think on a tumblr post that I thought was so interesting about how magical healing takes away the physical side of it but not the psychological side or mental side) which will make the fight between him and Ace against Corrick a little more in their favor but Corrick will have the essence of surprise (since he will be occupied by Nadir) but we maaay have Ace not head into the thick of it until later. Perhaps that'd be a good time for Rakel to make his appearance maybe maybe

2. Yes thank you crystals. Now Halona needs crystals again. Probably sometime in Act 2.

3. She totally will. Like, Malek just straight up killed someone. And here Halona was holding a useless gun to him but she didn't even think he would be killed so fast. @Vellichor your thoughts on the whole situation? Also, Velli, I dooo have a rough outline for a Halona post so poke me whenever you're here. I'll be writing most of it but I value your input ^^

4. That was really cool. I might have Corrick putting on his armor. I also need to retcon Halona and Corrick's scene a bit so Halona knows where to meet him. Whoops. Didn't even think about that.

5. I liked that little bit. In one post you showed how powerful Ace and how she can easily handle a wounded Malek, so she could also hold her own with the big baddies. It was never said that she was freaking out (I'm sure Halona was freaking out more than she) and she easily managed to turn the battle in their favor. All of that character development in one post. Husbando your writing is amazing.

6. I think Halona still has a bit to prove her role as Heart (*looks at the ball*) but yes this was a good start and really the first part for her to show off her willingness to give everything for others (you saw a smidgen of it --smidgen, is that a word? ah well, but you saw a smaaaaall bit of in the beginning of her first post and scattered a tiny bit throughout her other posts (except her sassy defensiveness with Corrick) but i dont think she has gained the role juuuust yet.

7. I hate TVTropes :P

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am
View Likes
Omni says...

And I have edited the Corrick post to add him giving her a card with his room number at the end. Simple retcon that woooorks wonders. (totally not thinking of going through all of Act 1 sooner or later to do that for all of the posts :P ooor just refine-revise because this is super high quality but it does have some problems)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

@omnom --> if we're factoring in psychological damage from a metalbender Malek trusted, then his fight with Corrick will be rife with flinches and overreactions. Unless we want to go the route of race instead of bending art, in which case Nadir would be more terrifying, hands-down. Corrick would just tick him off in all the wrong ways.
-Shinji Moon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Introducing Fireheart Tome v1.1

Because I like making official announcements

Updates

Added XP markers to the Level Tracker

Details: This is mainly an addition for myself so I don't have to do the math each time we make a new SB post. I tried to make it as unobtrusive as possible!

Less intrusive "Rewards So Far"

Details: This is a simple change, but the table for "Rewards So Far" is no longer black. Instead, it's just a darker shade of yellow. That, combined with the smaller text, should hopefully allow this to blend in better.

Darker Bending Shades

Please let me know if the darker shade makes it harder to read or hurts your eyes.

Details: To make things more vivid and bring more attention to the important parts of the Tome, I've gone ahead and darkened the bending colors all by one shade.

Current SB Challenge Progress Hub

The link is even in the name!

Details: One of the major changes in this update to the Tome is the SB Challenge Progress Hub. This allows me to have a place to keep track of all challenges we've completed --or not at the time. This also allows me to allot the points earned in this Storybook so you don't need to make a post in the thread. Your progress is kept with simple "Checkmark" for it being done or "X-Mark" for it not being done in time or blank for it still in progress:

From left to right: Checkmark, X-mark, empty spot. Simple and sleek!

All points are tallied at the bottom, with individual deadlines and a spot for potential Bonus points:

If you think you've earned more than I have down, please let me know!
I'm pretty lenient with some persuasion.

This'll be where you keep track of your current point total, how much longer you have to finish this Challenge, and any bonus points you can earn.

New "Uncommon" Shade

Lemme know if this is hard to read. I tried to make it fit well with the new Bending colors.

Details: To compensate for the new darker colors for the bending, all "Uncommon" weapon and armor slot names have been darkened two shades. This should make it easier to read while still separating it as its own color.

Changelog

Details: Once again, this is mostly a change for me, as it gives me easier long-term bookkeeping, and allows me to fix mistakes in the math much, much easier. This also let's you see what points you earn from a post and you can let me know if I make any mistakes.

Major changes to the Tome like this won't happen often, but if they do then you will be updated just like this! Let me know if you have any questions, and love you all <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Wow.

April was an amazing month! The Storybook forum was as bustling as ever, we cleared the Green Room, and this little ol' Storybook went on a roller coaster of emotions, both in story and out. We did a total of a whopping 9 posts this month, reviving it from the month-and-a-half hiatus. We got to learn about the crew and their crazy antics more than ever. We unfortunately lost some people, but also gained others!

And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Looking forward, let's make May just as great, or even greater! We have the ball on the horizon, with two posts in the works. We have a new character all set and ready to go. We have the finale shaping up to be an amazing fight that will probably be my favorite thing to write ever.

Most importantly, we have each other.

I've been learning more about most of you than I ever have before in this Storybook. As we make the family in this story, let's make a family out of it.

Here's to an eventful May

sass levels loading

[he/him]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

To an eventful May!

And the plan to finish the bookkeeping for Rakel today fell through... If you want to, just send me a PM detailing what to do and I'll do it to the best of my ability

Also, Rakel's template is awaiting approval..

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom