Young Writers Society

Fireheart DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:52 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oookay, so the post is finally here, which means we have finally started! Sorry for completely dropping the ball on this one, but I hope y'all enjoy. Let's just get our characters onto the ship and see what happens after that.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:10 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Omnom

I think I know how I want to do my first post but I need to know about means of communication. Are there things like telephones? Or are there more mystical means of long distance communication...outside of messenger pigeons of course. XD

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:53 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Telegraph or letter ^^ nothing too sophisticated yet

sass levels loading

[he/him]

107 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:54 pm
View Likes

@Omnom

You have made this a difficulty for me. XD
I think I have it take care of though.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:45 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Malek notes for tomorrow so Husbando can poke me on discord to write.

1. dream sequence; likely seed for a chekov's gun character in myaran refugee with similar moral gray area allegiance = malek's lover??? explore in post.

2. children wake him up, hungry. ration guards are being stereotypes of unchecked white privilege. malek bargains with them. fails.

3. malek dons his rogue gear and takes them out, stations a refugee elder at the ration station to keep order.

4. having eaten their bread, his anklebiters want to see the ship. he leaves his rogue garb in his bunk and takes them for a tour out of the barracks below. they get strange looks because of malek's intense inking, but he assumes it's racial profiling? i think? he needs to be pissy, and i think assuming the upper crusts are judging his kids would do it.

4a. the more i say 'his kids' the more tempting it is to...noabsolutelynoticannotdothattohim

5. they walk by a circle of folks betting on bender fights. malek stops and asks how much the winner gets - 40% - and looks at the beating the losers have taken from what seems like a thunderbender. He agrees to a fight and wins. His opponent is spared flying off the edge of the ship only by someone's intervention.

6. With attention on him, he gives the money to the kids and sends them off before making his own escape through a weaker space in the deck; makes a run for his bunk to get stealthed.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:45 am
View Likes
Omni says...

*Ping* @Apricity @AllisontheWriter @Vellichor *Ping*

Haven't heard from y'all in a bit, was wondering where you're at on your first posts and if you need any help! :D

From now on, to separate scenes, please use the fancy little large divider

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/aNdgdoB.png[/img][/center]

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX hey, I noticed your post is a little short, and doesn't actually complete any of the challenges here. I'd love it if you could make your post at least 750 words and strive to complete the challenges! :D thanks <3

EDIT: Also, Swords, does Gobban have a last name? Everyone else does so I'd like him to as well ^^
Last edited by Omni on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Sooooo, I noticed you guys were lacking an airbender. Aracelis is here to balance that out! (I was tagged and was going to join earlier, but someone else beat me to it.) Profile coming soon. Thanks for letting me sneak in, @Omnom <3
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

β€œIt's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:09 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Level Up!

So, I have finally updated all of the points :D
@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX lemme know if you add anything to your SB post, so I can update your points :D (current wordcount right now is 451 and 22.55 points)

Which means, I'm gonna need some information from everyone, because we got some goodies unlocked from Level 1 and 2 ^^

• Profession: Something your character does like cooking or jewelcrafting (Swords, I put you down for Blacksmith)
  • 1 Talent and Talent Name: A Talent is something specific from your profession that you can do on-the-go. Up to you if it includes you bending.
  • 2 Bending Arts and their names: This is something unique that you can do during combat re: bending.
  • Main weapon or secondary weapon: One or the other. Nothing fancy or good, you'll be able to obtain better weapons as we level up.

Please get these to me as soon as possible ^^ I'm pretty lenient, just make sure they're nothing overpowered or I'll smack ya <3

On another note: the rules have been updated. Mainly that I want every post from here on out to be at least 750 words. Swords, if you want to update your post (I do suggest that, but you don't need to) please let me know. Also, please like each SB post after you read it so I know who's actively reading along and who's not. As always, if you need any help or just want someone to talk to while you write, poke me. I'm on here a lot. ^^

Before I go, I'm planning on setting up a Discord chat for us to talk to each other easier. If you have any cautions with that, please PM. Your internet safety is always something to be concerned about, and is completely valid.
Last edited by Omni on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:12 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Double posting, but if you're confused as to what I'm talking about regarding levels and weapons and all of that, Fireheart has a magical Tome that records a ton of cool stuff like the gold we have and how much XP we've earned. There's a link to it at the top of the first SB post and the first DT post. Don't worry if it's a lot to take in; I'm doing the bookkeeping on it and all you need to worry about is what I've put above. I'll keep us all updated whenever I change anything or we unlock something (like leveling up or stumbling upon a Relic) :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

@Omnom, gods I almost forgot about this. On it, on it.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:54 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Apricity no worries <3 if you need any help or want to toss plot bunnies at each other, hit me up (don't actually hit me though, that hurts and I don't want a broken nose </3)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

107 Reviews

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm
View Likes

@Omnom

I will add that 300 words and here is the answers to all your questions.
1. Profession: Blacksmith (Kinda obvious XD)
2.Talent - Stone Sense - Using his earth bending he can find the weaknesses in stone and metal and, with proper force, use them to break through.
3. Bending Arts : 1) Stoneskin - Learned to shield himself using earth, hasn't perfected it enough to do it with metal yet. 2) Craft - He can't make anything complex, but he is able to make basic forms with stone as long as they aren't bigger than him. In a pinch he can had stone to his hammer to make it bigger and weigh more.
4. Weapon- Smithy 4 pound hammer. (Later a maul)
Last edited by XxXTheSwordsmanXxX on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:52 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX thanks! Don't forget the SB challenge :D

Does your talent have a name?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

107 Reviews

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 pm
View Likes

@Omnom

I haven't really given it a name. I guess I could call it stone sense or something. It's like he just gets this feeling...he just knows that that is the weak point.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:18 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Alrighty :D I'm just putting a name to all talents and bending arts. Speaking of names, have you come up with a last name for Gobban?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2