z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 pm
crossroads says...

@AstralHunter, I like the sound of that! How do you propose we go about the 'becoming friends' part? Would Uri just keep being nice even while North is being a jerk, until they eventually just sort of realise they don't hate each other's company, or should we have something more drastic happen and bring them closer?

Unrelated, North's gonna be kinda disturbed by Cara's existence, and mean to her at least until some protective instinct kick in. I'd like her to develop some sort of relationship with characters who aren't my own too, though, so expect me to bug everyone about that too.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@ChildOfNowhere

Jake is gonna need some help. He is the only Staffcrafter student in the list thus far. He isn't gonna want anything to do with his powers apart from learning how to hide them but he is a rather sweet boy beneath it all.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@ChildOfNowhere, why not both? Uri's niceness could gradually wear down North's callousness until this drastic event then solidifies their friendship. He would probably encourage North to be nice to his sibling while he's at it. XD

In fact, Uri will probably try to be nice to anybody. One would think that would annoy North the most, but who knows, maybe one of the others - let's say Aribelle, for example - might find him pretentious or a people-pleaser?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Arabelle, not Aribelle... :P (she finicky about being called correctly...) She moght, but as long as he doesn't bother her too much, she could be nice back. Note, she's from one of the nicer Families, so she won't be cruel or rude to other mages if they don't give her reason to be. She also hates bullies/arrogant individuals, and will aid those being tormented ;-)

Point is, give her time to get used to him. :D
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer

Wow....She is gonna hate Edrea. But then again...that is the point of her. XD I made her the school bully. I could see Arabelle becoming fast friends with Jake.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 am
Omni says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX Pharah definitely won't like Edrea either, what with her past and her promise to her brother.

Also, I'm slowly working on my intro post :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 am
crossroads says...

Cara wouldn't like Edrea either, she'd probably be reminded of her non-North siblings by her too much. Even though they both have bone wands and Cara would find that interesting, so she'd probably try to be friends with her at first.

(On that note, I also find it amusing that all of the witches have red hair of some shade, and that we have no wizards!)

North, on the other hand... I don't yet know what he has to offer in return, but if she (or anyone else) knows any magic that Echo doesn't want to teach him yet, he wouldn't be above making a deal to learn it from them. Not asking for help, of course, but an exchange of favours is okay in his book.

@AstralHunter -- Haha yep, sounds good. North would tell him off if Uri tried to make him be nice to Cara... He doesn't really see her as his sister, at least not at first.

I'm thinking of making a gDoc so we can have all the character relationship/thoughts on each other in one place.
- they/them -

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 am
Omni says...

@ChildofNowhere that'd be a good idea! Also, Pharah would really be interested with North, since she's a Fae as well, with wings, and she'd be curious about where it's like where he was raised.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Here you go. I added the teachers/masters in too, though I'm not sure if they're all even going to interact. Write them in, or don't :p But fill it for the PCs as well as you can (and of course, relationships are subject to change, so let's go with initial impressions + plans for the future (if any), mmk?
- they/them -

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 am
View Likes

So we have all three types of Bone? (Sam is a Grift, thus he also uses a wand) This will be interesting.

Oh, @ChildOfNowhere, you had asked me what's the difference between the three Bone types. Well, they share the same base characteristics (those I mentioned in the wood and rune list), but each bone also gets attributes from the being it came from.
Thus, Griffin Bone wands usually serve strong, noble and intelligent wielders (Cara... Maybe not physically strong, but emotionally/psychologically) Dragon Bones wands serve only wielders who thirst for power (aka Edrea), and Giant Bone wands tend to serve isolationists (my 2nd MC Karasam)
Also, since the three creatures do not easily co-exist in the magical world, their wielders also tend to not easily co-exist (so Karasam, Edrea and Cara won't get a long at all ;-) 8))

Note to the other team members - This was totally unplanned that these three characters should have the three different Bone wands. All Swordsman and CoN asked me was about the Families :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks @ChildOfNowhere for the character sheet! This will definitely help keep track of attitudes towards one another ;-) ;-) I'll add this list to the 1syt post in the DT so it doesn't get lost :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:19 am
crossroads says...

Ahh I see. I kinda went more with freedom/individuality as defining characteristic of Cara('s wand), though that has to do with the runes I gave it as well. I'm gonna note here that she's 9, though. Like, actual human-ish 9, she's a child, so she has time to demonstrate her strength/nobility yet. As for intelligence, yeah, she's pretty clever, and way better at picking up magic stuff than her big bro (partly because they have completely different approaches to learning).

Do we need more teachers, btw? I'd be fine with coming up with some more CPs for professors/masters, if we need them.
- they/them -

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Also I'm very dumb, it was Geilen who was also Fae (well, changeling) and not North.

I have read all of the posts so far. It's very interesting what each other the character's recognize regarding the Gateway. For Arabelle, the Gateway felt very familiar and so she seemed very unattached to the whole experience, but for Jake and North, it was all very different territory. @Childofnowhere I especially like how North took note of a lot of people around him, especially as he got more used to the area he was in at the moment.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 am
Omni says...

Sorry for the double posting, but is it acceptable for Pharah to have had her staff (registered and all that fun stuff) for awhile? I was envisioning her to be apprenticed to Liana for a bit before she encourages Pharah to register into actual schooling, living in the Dome, instead of with her, with all of the other students and only coming to Liana for lessons after hours.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:02 am
crossroads says...

@Omnom -- North's father was an Emperor in a fae world (and then many others after they left and he conquered them), I thought you were referring to that. North doesn't look nor especially act it, though, so the only way anyone would know is if they know anything about his father...

Which brings me to another point. I wrote North's father to be like this Big Baddie person, but actually a good parent to North (if a bit possessive and overachieving and cruel in his lessons), and I think it'd make sense if people knew about him. I mean, he had done his share of Voldemorting around for centuries, and the only reason he didn't join forces with the Adjudicators was because he didn't want to have North involved, so if you guys don't mind working in the idea of his name being known... Maybe not to all, though: I'd like to have North faced with realisation that his father isn't the centre of everyone else's world here, but I'd still also like for his legacy to play a part in how people act towards/around North.

I think we have a few other characters who have stuff like that in their backstories, btw, so I'm just thinking it'd be cool to integrate them into the story by having some characters know of each other's family/parents' achievements and such.
- they/them -

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson