z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am
Omni says...

@ChildofNowhere ooooh okay I knew I saw Fae somewhere in his CT I just forgot my memory is baaad

North's father might be related/know the Emperor of Dirahna, since I made a note that they are older than the realm-world and have been ruling it since its infancy. (Also, Pharah is related to the Emperor, so if the Emperor and North's father are related, that means that Pharah and North are like distant cousins or something. This SB is secretly just Wiz's plan to create a huge family tree) So, it's very plausible that North's father and Dirahna's Emperor know each other, although if he doesn't, then he would at least know about Dirahna and of the Emperor. It's a very well-known magical marketplace (including Black markets) even if not much is known about who rules it. (although that might be for a reason. Maybe North's father and the Emperor knows each other but the Emperor wanted to basically disappear in the grand scheme of things?)

Also, does North's father have a name that we can actually pronounce? Right now, he's just... mentioned as being a thing people know about, but not with any name attached besides North's father.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 am
crossroads says...

Ugh I knew I'd have to come up with a name sooner or later <.<

Emperor Andraste Vantieri the First, let's say. (*stole each part from another one of her old novel's characters*) If we want a more Voldemort-y name, they can call him a variation of the Iron Conqueror or something, because he had a sky iron staff and, well, conquered stuff? I'm bad with this stuff when it's not for a novel, though, so feel free to come up with whatever, I'll go with it xD

I like the idea of different royal families of fae worlds being related. North wouldn't really care, but it might actually be interesting for him to learn stuff like that. Right now he's all "my father this my father that", while at the same time being all proud over a lineage from his mother's side that he knows nothing about, so uh... family revelations, all the way!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Hey @Omnom, that is totally fine yes! Pharah may have some basic training and her staff already (but obviously not for too long though) It will help add some more acquainted-with-the-Gateway characters (like Arabelle, etc) to the team, and not just be a load of people outside of their comfort zones.

Note, I will wait for maybe one or two more posts before posting Sam's (Geilen) post. I started writing on it today.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@ChildofNowhere that would actually make sense and add to how Faes are treated in Dirahna, if the rulers of Fae-inhabited worlds were connected. Maybe there's a bad and long history between the Ascari and Fae races? Pharah would know North is Ascari then once they meet. (although does that mean we just connected Fae and Ascari since Pharah is related to the Emperor, who's related to North's father? Or maybe she is only partially Fae, like mother was Ascari and father was Fae?)

Okay, too much thinking this late at night XD I'll ponder about this more after some sleep.

EDIT: Also, okay Wiz :D don't worry, she'll only be further ahead in Sigilweaving

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
crossroads says...

@Omnom, I'm not sure I follow... North's and Cara's mother is Ascari, North's father isn't. So if the royal fae families are related, that still has nothing to do with the Ascari.
Also, with them, there's no such thing as half. The Ascari/whatever children can inherit magic potential (so Cara is a witch), but other than that they always take only after their Ascari parent.

There could be bad history between the Ascari and the fae in general, though, that could be fun.
- they/them -

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer

I added a spell called Elasemena. Literally translates to "Come to me". It's a small levitation spell that brings objects smaller than the caster to them.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, I think we already have a spell like that. *checks* Yip! We have Kaleo that works exactly like Accio from HP, and then we have Kineo which levitates an object. (In both cases, adding the name of the object - not necessarily in Greek, I think - after the incantation is recommended.) Elasemena sounds very elegant and melodic, though.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

107 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 pm

@AstralHunter

And Now I feel like a dingus. I read through that spell book eight or nine times trying to find it. XD

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:03 pm
BrumalHunter says...

No worries! I think I did the same thing when I was looking over the preliminary spell list for Wanderer, but with a different spell. I can't remember what it was, but I know the feeling. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

107 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Alright I have removed my addition to the spell book and I have corrected my mistakes with the Erdea post.

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 pm
crossroads says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX -- Hehe, North and Erdea could either be great allies or great rivals. I like her, she brings a refreshing dash of sadism to the table that some of my own SB characters used to be known for once upon a time too xD
Cara would only like her if Erdea for some reason decided to like her, but I don't see that happening, and even then Cara would consider her too similar to the twins to trust her. But North would be... intrigued, either in good or bad sense (he's kinda disliking everyone at the beginning anyway, though).

I'm working on Cara post, btw... @thesunderedsorcerer, what do they do once they've settled in their lodgings? Is there like a dinner or something they're all gonna go to?
- they/them -

107 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

@ChildOfNowhere -- Thanks. Every school needs a bully right? XD. Well that is what I created Erdea to be. Already excelling in studies of magic so just has a definitive edge in casting. I plan on making her very sadistic toward Jake as we go. Not completely sure how she will like North, he might have to do quite a bit to impress her. (That superiority complex getting in the way.)

Cara however would probably find a sort of kinship with Jake though. They both have that same longing for family and acceptance.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm
Omni says...

@ChildofNowhere ooo so North's father isn't Ascari? Okay that doesn't cloud things up like last-night-me thought. Do we know what race North's father is? Or do you want that to be a secret for now? EDIT: once again I'm dumb, just went back over North's CT and his father is Fae

Also, I can suggest some nicknames for Andraste and you take your pick if you want? I don't mind :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 am
Vellichor says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer May I also create a second CP?
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

This is what happens when the wifi disappears at home! When you finally get to go online at the library, you have 42 noifications, 13 of them from this SB. XD

Anyway, time to answer all these questions.

@Vellichor, yes you may (if you wish to make a Wizard/Witch, please PM me for the Family names, I have yet to add that lore to the intro post or here in the DT)

@ChildOfNowhere, the Dining hall is on the first floor, and all the mages living in the Dome (adult and student), dine their/ go about their business here (basically like the HP dining hall) The food is served by the Hall waiters (like the Floor maids, thus the "persona" of the hall and the kitchens)
There is no set schedule in the Dome, so people come and go as they please. But usually students, after getting settled in, go to fetch/buy their tuition items, or to meet/seek a Master, or just get to know the other mages living around them (I will draw a rough plan of where everyone's rooms are in relation to one another for the next post)

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, no problem with the spell, I know that they are unfamiliar to us all atm. Elesamena actually had me thinking:what of instead of calling an object to you, you call a person (it is an illusion spell then, and can be ignored, but it creates the urge to find the caster in a person or creature's mind... it would work better on non-sentient beings, obviously) What do you guys think of that idea? Then Swordsman's spell can still remain, as a more advanced illusion spell.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

HONK
— The Golden Goose