z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@ChildOfNowhere, yes, Masters can take mages of other types as their charges/apprentices, and it actually isn't too uncommon. It all depends on what North (or whichever other mage) wants to make their focus.
Also, usually, in the cases where Staffcrafters/Wandmakers take other mage types as their apprentices, the apprentice mage will often go to either another Master or to the Academy for more advanced magical studies. Staffcrafters/Wandmakers can still be excellent at Potionry, Poisoncraft, Astrology, etc, since those fields don't require too powerful magic, so it essentially all depends on what you want North to excel at. ;-)

That above-mentioned reason is why Staffcrafters/Wandmakers can still become Professors at the Academy.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer
I think the third one is best. It requires Staffmakers to mentally train themselves far more that a normal wizard. They would have to train themselves in a great deal of control to picture exactly which mental sigils they need to use.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm
Vellichor says...

:? I don't seem to be able to send PMs atm but here is the idea I had; What if there were a number of basic sigils (maybe called something else on their own; sigils when combined) that covered more general things, but then created the more powerful sigils when put together? Like a periodic table for magic signs or something? @TheSunderedSorcerer @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I want to join in because I've created runes for purposes like these in the past, but mostly, I'm curious to see what everyone comes up with. I'm also staying away from any sigil-related discussion because right now, Weiss is the first thing/person that comes to mind - not exactly the direction in which we're heading. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 pm
Vellichor says...

Not sure if this is the direction we want to go with things, but it could be useful nonetheless;

http://sigilscribe.me/
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

293 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have a suggestion! Since we aren't likely to have too many wizards, I think it might be fun if our masters teach our characters in only the core aspects of their Class and then send them off to attend lectures by other professors so that they can meet other students. For example, my character's master would then assist him with Shifting, but potionry, spellcraft, history, etc. he'd need to take with the other characters. I merely suggest such a course of action because there isn't much fun in being in a magical school if we're all mostly isolated anyway.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:10 pm
Omni says...

@AstralHunter I actually think Weiss is a good example of 3. Although how she uses it is a bit different, the application is the same. You mentally conjure up a glyph and it starts appearing in the air in front of you, forming both with in your mind and in in front of you. That way you aren't actually etching the glyph into anything but your mind.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Omnom, that was actually a very detailed yet clear description. I guess I'm voting for option three, then!

Also, @TheSunderedSorcerer, my character profile for Uriah has been submitted. If any edits need to be made, I shall happily oblige.
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:50 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Uriah is a wonderful name o.o so pretty.

@TheSunderedSorcerer I am currently working on my staff for Pharah, if that's any indication of where I'm at :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 am
Omni says...

And Pharah has been submitted! Please let me know if anything needs to be changed :D

Edit: Also, her Master is submitted (and it almost disappeared on me because I tried to changed it to NPC from Omnom but now it's accepted? Idk, she's there in any case)
Last edited by Omni on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 am
Omni says...

Okay so a question: Since Pharah is a Sorceress, and she has an Apprentice-ship, is she still going to Gateway Academy?

Alssooo, can she mainly use Sigil magic? I think she'll be really bad at standard spellcasting.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 am

I agree with @AstralHunter that since we have such a small cast and if all of them solely have Masters then our characters will only ever interact in the Dome. I still would like you guys to have Masters, but for SB interaction purposes, we can say that the Masters were asked to have their apprentices also go to the Academy for certain letters (asked by the IRMA), as a way of trying to rebuild the magical society again.
Even with the proclamation, I am obviously still requesting that you make the profiles for your Masters and not Professors (unless you solely go to the Academy, in which case it is self-explanatory who you should create ;-)) However, I will not stop you if you wish to create a Professor as well. Just remember to ask, and say which subject they'd be teaching.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 am

This SB has officially started! (Since all the MC profiles are in) The npc profiles can come in whenever, but before the end of the SB challenge I issued please.

I will be making Arabelle's post later today, so you guys can start planning your posts. We can also start discussing the interaction scenes between our characters (like where they interact, how they will interact with each other, will they get along, etc)
My interaction scene(s) I would like to plan with Sam (my 2nd MC), if you guys want to start planning those parts ;-)

Let's get this show on the road!
Spoiler! :
tagging everyone so that this message doesn't vanish in the DT if someone is busy- @Vellichor, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, @Omnom, @AstralHunter, @ChildOfNowhere

P.S- I will be explaining what Witnesses are before Saturday, so that is something to look out for 8)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

*submits her NPC*

For my first post, North is mostly just gonna wander around being a more introverted Malfoy to everything :p He's not exactly enjoying being there yet, and it will take him some time to start being fascinated properly and make connections with people. I'm up for character interactions, as long as they aren't very warm or friendly ones at first ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm

My post has been well, posted! :P Enjoy and start writing! (also don't forget yer NPC profiles if they're yet to be submitted ;-) )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.