z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, regarding you post, which I am reading now, I have a question - when was Jake asleep? There is no mention of him being asleep in his profile either, so I just thought I'd ask. Technicalities bother me more than they should. XD

EDIT: Case in point, though.
If I'm not mistaken, he is the boy that we have been trying to register for the last five years and his parents have refused.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:05 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@AstralHunter

I didn't realize I had done that. I need to figure out how to incorporate that idea into it. Though I don't know if recently created Sorcerers fall under that ritual or not.

107 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

I think that is something that needs to be addressed by @TheSunderedSorcerer

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:33 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@XxXThesSwordsmanXxX, as seen in Pharah's profile (@Omnom's character), the Tolling affected even mages who discovered their power during its perod of effect. Most mages didn't, but if there nagic awoke in those 25 years, they too would fall asleep until it ended.

What I recommend is cutting period mentioned in your post down to a year (two at most, since in the last two years the ritual was already starting to dissapate and lose power) I had not had time to read the posts thoroughly yet, but will get to thsm all later tonight ;-)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Now that I've finished reading all three posts, I can praise everyone for how enjoyable it was to read. @ChildOfNowhere, I believe you penned Uriah perfectly - and as TheWanderingSorcerer ( :P ) said, "I do love them long posts..."

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, it's fine, but I agree that discussing the situation with Sorcerer would be the best. If I may suggest a solution, though, what if the tolling occurred literally after Jake's parents left?

EDIT: I'm not going to edit my post just because I was beaten to posting it by a few seconds, but my suggestion still stands.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:51 pm

I actually like Hunter's idea. That way, nothing has to be changed, and adds some extra intrigue to his backstory ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm
Vellichor says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer Perfectly alright :) Was that a no on tattoo sigils in general though with the conclusion of the vote?
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm
View Likes

I'd say that tattoo sigils are still in use, but mostly by extremely hardcore/fanatic mages. I mean, getting a tattoo is one thing, but getting a magical sigil etched into you with magical ink is another matter entirely (just think if someone poked you with their wand and accidentally drawing the magic from the tattoo...)
But I'd say option 3 is the most common form of sigilweaving then :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 pm
Vellichor says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer Cool :D Would it be alright in that case if, even if I didn't give Ari a tattoo such as that, if I gave Gregor a few? He seems like the type to go that far...
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

107 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 pm

@AstralHunter @TheSunderedSorcerer

The tolling could be right after they left but that doesn't really address what happened. Jake's parents left him there because of his powers and his inability to control them. I was thinking of shoving the events that happened within a few months after the Tolling. With such prestigious parents it is quite possible that that big of a threat to their reputation could cause a large conflict in the marriage and push them to distance themselves from it.

107 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm

@AstralHunter @TheSunderedSorcerer

I have altered Jake's backstory to scrunch the events that brought him to being sent to the academy to within a few months after the Tolling. I have altered a little bit of how his parents treated him before he fell asleep to help drive that feeling of needing their approval so that it will continue through the Tolling. Let me know if this fits a little more. I will also make a small edit to my post to mention the time in the hospital.

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, I like the new backstory. It adds a lot of new depth to his character, and definitely works time-wise (removing the previous issue, yet still keeping the character, at least mostly, unchanged) ;-)

Also, to everyone, I will be holding an anonymous vote to determine my two SB co-managers. Please Pm me the two people you think would be the best candidates..You may vote for yourself, obviously, since I will choose the two with the most votes, and everyone is a candidate (unless you don't want to be, then just tell me)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh man, if someone told North he could tattoo magic on himself, he'd jump at it and go way overboard.

...actually now I really want to make him go down a dark path. Maybe an addiction of some kind... Hmmm.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@ChildOfNowhere, since he has already met Uriah and he would remind the latter a lot of his home realm, could they become friends and place Uriah in a situation where he tries to prevent North from going down said path?
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 pm
Omni says...

Yeah that's the main reason I didn't vote for tattooing sigils. I think it's really interesting, but also something that's extremely inefficient. Maybe it's commonplace to tattoo sigils based on ceremony? Like, for example, if/when Pharah is finished with her apprenticeship, she'll get ceremonial sigils tattooed on her indicating that she is now a master sigilweaver? Like, ones for protection, etc.

Also, yeah I can definitely see tattooing being an extreme form of sigilweaving.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg