z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:44 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Welcome, my fellow mages!! Discuss plot, lore and general shenanigans here!!

Also, please tag people who might enjoy this!!

(@Omnom, as per your request, here is that stab ;-) I'm not tagging anyone else yet, since I don't know if you guys are busy or not, so...)

Here are all the important links-

The Spell list- (password: oukleo)
http://themaieuticmesmerist.writerfeedpad.com/6

The Wand and Staff info- (password: gateway)
http://themaieuticmesmerist.writerfeedpad.com/8

The Unique magical reagents- (password: hexweed)
http://themaieuticmesmerist.writerfeedpad.com/9

Sigilweaving- (no password)
http://writerfeedpad.com/ABo2PGPZY4

Chat and Other miscellaneous stuff- (no password)
http://themaieuticmesmerist.writerfeedpas.com/10

The Subjects at the Gateway Academy

- Standard Spellcasting (becomes Advanced in fourth year of tuition, includes all spells excluding enchantment/ illusory spells)
- Enchanting and Illusions (classified as one subject)
- Potionry*
- Poisoncraft*
- Magical Creatures (caring, researching, etc)
- Magical History (the magical history of all the connected realms)
- Astrology
- Sigilweaving
- Non-magical Education (education in general subjects to assist mages in integrating/ surviving in the non-magical parts of the realms)

*(Both of these have Herbology integrated into them... They are seperated for the same reason why Wandmaking and Staffcrafting are seperated- Potionmasters and Poisonmasters are fiercely competitive and tend to despise one another)

For those who have Masters- they are taught most of this, but masters usually focus on a certain skillset (like Wandmakers/Staffcrafters receive almost all their education on the magical and non-magical skills required for Wandmaking/Staffcrafting)

Here are the CTs for these Npcs... Remember to say for what subject you are creating a CP if you are going to the Academy (I'll write the Academy Headmaster's CP)

Code: Select all
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Subject:[/u][/b] (only for Professors...)
[b][u]Magical Focus:[/u][/b] (only for Masters...)
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] (minimum of 32)
[b][u]Class:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Race:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Opinion on the War/Adjudicators:[/u][/b]
Last edited by ThePatchworkPilgrims on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Okayy I'm tentatively reserving a 2nd Class Sorcereress, but I do have a few questions.

-So you said the war happened thirty years ago, does that include the 25 years all magical users were asleep?

-Did all magical machinery stop? Like was this a spell that froze time for all of these people?

-Do the mages know they were asleep for 25 years? Or do they just wake up and continue like the war just ended?

-Was the IRM created before or after the war? Were they affected by the spell? If so, how is the rehabilitation going from the aftereffects of the war?

-Was the Gateway affected? Will we be seeing the aftermaths of the war on a daily basis, and how severe, since we're in a school and it's in the middle of the magical realms.

Okay, that's all I have for the moment :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:00 am
View Likes

Oh yay! Someone asking interesting questions. I'll edit in this info so as to avoid further confusion.

-yes, the thirty years includes the 25 years of slumber

-yes, everything magic related stopped. Everyone who was magical fell asleep wherever they were (most were with their families hiding out the war, or protecting ancient artifacts/buildings) For the non-magical individuals living in the Gateway, this was chaotic at first, but most were able to survive around the sleeping mages and the not-functioning magical items.

-yes, everyone knows they fell asleep (The Tolling started with three long, eerie notes from the Bell of Apoktheai, with the words of the ritual "May the sands of time wash over all, and makes our worlds undone"; fortunately one of the three leaders had doubts about the ritual, and this doubt made the Tolling fail somewhat)
However, since the Adjudicators knew that with those words they had lost their leadership and would soon be defeated, many of them went into hiding when they woke up, or reintegrated themselves into society (like Lucius Malfoy did after the 2nd Wizarding War) Thus the war is "won", but not officially over.

-IRMA was founded before the war to manage the mages from all the various realms and establishing a centralized system of magic, etc between realms. They were also responsible for keeping the different realms safe from the Adjudicators. The Magical Courts are also their responsibility.
Since most of their staff are magical, IRMA was all but shutdown during the Tolling, with the non-mages simply keeping everything clean and undisturbed by thieves or pests.
Our characters are literally the first new mages to be registered, so the IRMA will still be in disarray and trying to restore order after the war during the SB.

-The Gateway, as the central realm between all the other realms, was the main objective of the Adjudicators to have control over. Since I just mentioned that our characters are there almost immediately after the Tolling, the Gateway will still be scarred by the past war (the worst damage was repaired by the non-mages in the 25 years of slumber, so the most building are restored, at least) We will be seeing the effects of the war on a daily basis, not only in the Gateway itself, but in the people we meet and interact with as well (since we will obviously be living in the Dome, among other mages and non-mages who experienced the war)

Any other questions? Or are some of my answers confusing? Please tell me, and I will be happy to help ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 am

So, I'm not sure whether you guys are too busy or not for this Sb, but here goes nothing

@Wolfical, @Steggy, @Falconer

If you guys are too busy, can you nudge me in the right direction for users please?
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:01 am
Omni says...

Oooh okay

So, is there any tension between the magical leadership and the non-magical citizens who had to survive in the Gateway for 25 years without the magical community? I'd imagine so xD but how strong is any form of resentment between the two now, five years later? Maybe my character's parents are a part of that resentment?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:25 am
Vellichor says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer 0.0 May I? Please, please, pretty please? This looks like it will be so much fun!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

42 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:28 am
Vellichor says...

Question: Since there are multiple realms, and you referenced multiple races, how does that impact Shifters? I assume animal refers to creatures from across the realms that are not sentient?
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am

@Omnom, since all the non-mages still aged and lived for 25 years around the mages and magical world, many of them formed extreme resentment for the mages and magic in general (since most of them aged, and died, with their loved ones/friends asleep and frozen by magic)
Also, since they had to organize their new society, there is a non-mage council in place, and many of them are reluctant to give up the power and influence they built up over 25 years to the IRMA and the IRM-Council ;-) *grins mischievously at the possible story arcs this might form*

@Vellichor, welcome aboard!!
Regarding Shifters and Grifts- You are correct in assuming that animals refers to any non-sentient creatures, no matter the realms they originate from. Grifts can change into any sentient race equal in size/smaller than them (so a human Grift can change into a Dwarf, for example, but not a Centaur/ Giant, etc)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 pm
Omni says...

Another question I am just full of these amirite

-Since my character's parents are not magical (hence making her a mud-blood sorry had to xD) could she have been born during the spell? Or does she have to be born before the spell started to be the age she is now?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

I love answering questions, so I don't mind at all mon ami.

Only Wizards/Witches had to be born before the Tolling (since one of their parents has to be magical, and that would mean they'd be affected by the spell)
Sorcerers and their ilk only "become" considered magical when they discover their potential, thus they could have been born during the slumber, but since all magic was in sleep mode, that means that they'd be normal until the end of the Tolling and they discover their magical abilities. ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:48 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Ah okay :D

I'll have to decided whether or not my character (who's name is Pharah) will get her powers before the Tolling. I can see both sides honestly. If Pharah was born before the Tolling, that means that her parents grew old without her and she'll wake up to much older parents that created a life without her (maybe even she'll have siblings that were born after her but are older than she is now, and spent their entire lives not knowing who she was). If Pharah was born during the Tolling, she'll have created an entire life around non-magical folk, and gotten accustomed to that. I'm sure there's going to be hatred on both sides after the spell ended (magical folk getting mad that non-magical people want to take over the governing bodies they control, or that any sort of class ranking fell apart because of the Tolling, etc., and non-magical people getting mad that their lifestyles that they had going for more than two decades are now just thought to be stopped because magic is back again, or that they have to go back to their old lives [even though some never had lives before the Tolling] just because the magical users are back again) and Pharah will go from being on one side (even if she doesn't agree with that side) to being thrust onto the other side.

God, I love this premise. You could create an entire other storybook off of people's lives and struggles during the Tolling. Decisions decisions, though! Gah, why must you make this difficult for me, Wiz?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

42 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:00 pm
Vellichor says...

In that case, may I pretty please reserve a Shifter spot, and go ahead with my CP? I'm super excited about this!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm

@Omnom, I knew that you would find this enjoyable ;-)

@Vellichor, you may go ahead with my blessing (note- Shifters use staffs, just to clarify... I might change it later, but for now not yet)

@AstralHunter, even if you haven't seen this yet/don't intend or have time to join, notice how I used the spell list I sent to you for reviewing for this SB 8)

Can you guys please find us some more comrades to join this SB? Merci bien
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Oh, btw, my character's profile is up now, if you guys want to check her out ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

42 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:12 pm
Vellichor says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer I'm very happy with a staff :DDDD Also, may I see mentioned spell list once it has been looked over? The curious side of me is simply giddy!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker