z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 am
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer

I think you have forgotten the purpose of the character. My personal goal of this character to amass as many pawns as I can as well as make absolutely EVERYONE hate her. XD

107 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:06 am

As a side note...The next day i plan on having Gray take Jake out to get some Fire Proof clothing. If someone would like to discuss an interaction with him

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:23 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Just a note to everyone with two characters- Since our cast is a reasonable size, I shan't count it as double posting when you post two separate posts for each of your MCs after one another.
It does count as double-posting though if you post a third post as one of your MCs directly after the other two (since for one of your characters, they were posted with by the same author without another author's intermittent post(s) ;-))
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 am

Also, all the links to the various wfps are on the first DT post (Sigilweaving and the Chat wfp are also included), just for easier reference to those lists ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:10 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer, in that case, expect two shortish posts between today and tomorrow. I'll leave the party out for now and just stick with other filler material.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

No problem. I was (as I mentioned when we chatted with one another a while back), planning an interaction between my characters before the Dome Dinner, so expect a shorter post as my characters as well (I also plan on releasing a bit of lore regarding the IRM Council in my post as Arabelle)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I was trying to figure out an offset for the large variety that Regular casting has over the rather limited selection that sigil magic will have. I was wondering if we should have a "unique" sigilspell. Maybe not any different than what is available but it is a spell that only the individual sigilweaver is able to use.

293 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:21 pm
BrumalHunter says...

TheSunderedSorcerer wrote:Challenged Mage(s)- @TheSunderedSorcerer, @Omnom, @Vellichor, @ChildOfNowhere, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, @AstralHunter

Realm of the Story- The Witnesses

The Challenge-
Introductions and Observations

So, here it is, the first Challenge for The Witnesses! This technically marks the official start of the SB, but please wait for all the profiles to be in before posting (MC profiles, not NPC, since those are part of this Challenge)
As can be deduced by the name of the challenge, it has two parts. The first part, Introductions, requires each of you to complete one NPC profile (as discussed in the DT) Although we will not be beginning tuition immediately with the start of the SB, these profiles are essentially us being "introduced" to our Professors/Masters.
This part will also require one character-character interaction please. We all have our lodgings on the same floor of the Dome (granted it is quite a large floor, but still), so you can plan with one of the other members to interact with one another.

The second part is Observations. With this part I will require you all to make at least two of the following observations in your post- 1) How your lodgings looks when you first enter, 2) Your character going to receive their first wand/staff, 3) the main atrium/hall/ dining hall of the Dome, 4) the outside of the Dome (from your own perspective), 5) Any magical store to receive books/magical items required for your tuition, 6) The IRMA headquarters (at the center of the Gateway), and your mage registration, or 7) Your character's first observations of the Gateway (if this is their first time in the Gateway)

The two parts can be planned to intertwine (like interacting with another character while getting registered, or in bumping into one another in the Dome Atrium, etc)

Completion Time- One post, with a two week deadline from the moment all the MC profiles are in.

Credits Awarded- There will be a total of 6 credits available in total per user. They are gained as follows:
Introductions-
-NPC profile submitted- 1 point
-Interaction with another character- 1 points per interaction, to a maximum of 3
Observations-
-Any two of the options- 2 points

Expired!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Just a note - please do not start the challenge before I post my two filler post to "make up" for the lost time from the day they arrived to the following day's evening for the Feast ;-) (I decided to post the challenge first, since I can do that frok my phone :P
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:09 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer, I think you may have overdone the challenge's available credits. When Rydia granted mods the privilege of awarding more than three credits per challenge, I think she meant like four or five, not ten - which is more than you get in many Captain's Challenges. XD
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:42 am

There we go! My two fillers are done, so once everyone else says they are done with any filler posts the Feast is begun!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:15 pm

@TheSunderedSorcerer

I can't believe that I never asked this before. But are Dragons sentient or more beastial in this SB?

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Sentient, of course ;-) Wyverns, Drakes or Wyrms are the non-sentient draconian species
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Hmmm....I may have to alter my post then.

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Just another edit (not me being nagging, I promise): They use parchment and quills to accommodate for the students or individuals from less technologically advanced realms (like those from medievalesque or Classical realms, to name a few ;-))
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind