z

Young Writers Society

The Witnesses DT

Which solution for our sigil problem do you think work best?

1) Option 1 seems good.
No votes
2) I think option 2 could work
No votes
3) Option 3 seems efficient enough
75%
4) Option 4 will makes things interesting
No votes
5) I think we need more ideas!!!
No votes
6) All of these, or at least most of them, should be used!
25%

Total votes : 4

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@TheSunderedSorcerer

It might be best if you do the first post so that I can get a feel of the character outside of the CT.

107 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:58 pm

I mentioned this in the spell book pad but I thought I would put it here to be easily seen

With spells and sigils. Does there need to be direct corrlations between the two? For instance, I can already tell that I will likely be creating a great deal of Fire sigil spells to Jake to use. Do we need to have a spell version of those as well?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Nope. Spells are quicker and often more focused at a specific goal magic (like unlocking a door or binding something in ropes, whilst sigils are weaved to the intention of the cater and thus slightly different for each mage (like your intention is to fashion a magical fireball, where for another mage the same core could be weaved to create a flame wall... It is the same sigil core, but it is weaved according to each's needs or intentions rather than having a set purpose)

Thus, although some sigil patterns might have a similar spell, sigils are interchangeable rather than unchangeable in purpose.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Alright. I know you have a few sigils already (Just needing them scanned in) so I will wait until I see those before I start putting together full sigils spells. I'm having an overload of ideas that I could put to use.

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 am

I shall post Arcaeail's discussion with Jake within this week. We're just having some... family problems at home, thus I haven't had time to get to it yet.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:57 pm

@TheSunderedSorcerer

I get it. Take care of real life. This is just a pass time. Focus on what's important.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I'll submit my second character's profile today. Hopefully, I can post for him as well. I have a question for @TheSunderedSorcerer, but he still appears to be busy, so I'll have to answer it for myself.

How is everyone else doing? I think there was talk of a WFP ir Google doc for discussion on opinions, but I can't remember if the idea was followed through. I'll sniff around in the earlier pages.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:40 am

I have returned from my temporary solitude.

I shall post Arcaeail's discussion with Jake soon ;-) Also, regarding the WFP, I shall set one up so we can discuss life and what we are going to do with the following post :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

107 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Glad to see you back @TheSunderedSorcerer.

293 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Two days late, for which I apologise. @TheSunderedSorcerer, tell me if there's anything I need to change. If not, I'll try to post for him tomorrow - for real, this time.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Err, @TheSunderedSorcerer, my post is finished. I can't submit if my profile isn't approved. XD
— Paul the Apostle

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

By the powers invested in me~ I've approved it for you, so you can go ahead and post and we can move on with the story c:

If Sorcerer sees anything wrong later, that's on me, but I think it's fine ^^

And I'm amused that Dagon (whose name I read as dragon at first) and Uri are almost the other way around from Cara and North, as far as family members finding each other go :D
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:25 am
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, @ChildOfNowhere! The post has been submitted. And yes, I see that now, though I definitely wasn't thinking of that when creating Dagon. I have a feeling Uri won't be receiving the same encouragement to bond with his relative as he provides to North. XD
— Paul the Apostle

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Haha, North is more likely to be like "fine, I'll go bond with the little brat if you go hang out with your pretentious nephew or whatever he was", hoping Uri would stop telling him to be nice to Cara ... and no, he would not realise he's about equally bad when it comes to pride and hunger for power xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:06 am

So yeah, anxiety attacks suck... a lot...

Anyway, back to business. Thank you @ChildOfNowhere for keeping the SB afloat while I was incapacitated.

Regarding my post with Arcaeail, it is ready, and will be posted tomorrow, since I am at the library now without my laptop, so I can't post the post now (sorry @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX :P ) Also, once university starts next week, I will be active constantly. ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless