z

Young Writers Society

The Curse of the Wyvern [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:01 am
sheysse says...

I approved the CP, except I changed it. You said he was an Inheriter, but he was a Frost. Also, an Inheriter does not need to actually kill the magician for the powers. The Magician's can die of natural powers.

Guys, Inheriter is spelled with an er. It's not a typo, and though it seems weird now, it'll make sense by the end of the story. So, I ask in the future that you spell it with the er.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

So since the entirety of this so far has been introduction, we haven't much gotten into roles classically played by members of the Royal Magicians. Until we got a dedicated medic, I'd planned on using Laurel as a healer--but now she can do interesting things on the battlefield. God knows the combos we could make between her, Dya, and Nal.

Speaking of which, I imagine right about now, the three of them are debating over how to approach the mountain. Though Laurel may more urgently just want an ice pack for her neck.

FINALLY, I'm not sure why I didn't share this before, but would anyone be surprised for me to say that she's based on Lapis Lazuli? xP

I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:37 am
Feltrix says...

@Sheyren Maybe I don't understand correctly. An inheritor claims the powers of whoever they're inheriting after the one they're inheriting dies. So if Ker's father was a frost, Ker would become a frost when his father dies, right?
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

61 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:40 am
Feltrix says...

I understood that a magician who choses to let someone inherit from them doesn't need to be killed by their inheriter, I just wanted to show how ruthlessly ambitious Ker is.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

176 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:51 am
sheysse says...

Okay, I was just making sure... I'm going to PM you to talk about your character's role.

@Lumi brings up a good point. We haven't covered exactly what certain character's roles are on the battlefield, including Nulls. I imagine Sylvetta to be a strong fighter and at home on the battlefield, but is constantly shouting orders to keep the combat organized. What do you think your character's would do on the battlefield?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:58 pm
Desdemona says...

@Sheyren

I feel she would have a lot of trouble with Maeva, who would also want to lead and organise.
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

61 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:59 pm
Feltrix says...

I imagine Nal'tor as the main fighter, charging into battle and all with the nulls as little more than dragon fodder.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 pm
Lumi says...

I'd place Laurel on the defensive side of crowd control. Mama's gon' protect her babies. Place her at long-range.
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Quick summary of what Feltrix's character is doing... Ker is imprisoned for his crimes, but Sylvetta needs his power to fight the Wyverns (he is a Frost, and they have a lack of those). She offers a weaker sentence in exchange for help. Kyoah uses a form of mind control (found in his weapon... It's an artifact, giving it special powers. I'll be talking more about those later) to make Ker say yes. Ker joins them and listens to Sylvetta but is truly taking orders from Kyoah. This leads to the confrontation of Kyoah and Sylvetta.

I also want to talk about how the journey will go. I don't want to dwell on it too long, because the mountain is pretty close to them. I imagine this is how it will go.
Group sets out.
Group begins to bond.
Wyverns send an army, and one of the group members (an extra I will be creating) is killed.
The group is shocked, and they lose the urge to fight.
Sylvetta pep talks them into continuing.
They realize the Wyverns found them through a large usage of magic, which they trace to Kyoah's constant mind control.
Kyoah appears, they battle, and Sylvetta defeats him.
They continue to the mountain.
At the base of the mountain, they encounter a powerful Wyvern, one of the strongest, who is using an artifact to appear human. The group fights him.
As they travel up the mountain, the Queen of the Wyverns appears. She is a massive dragon, three times larger than the average Wyvern. They defeat her.
They arrive at the main hall, where they are confronted by the Wyvern Prince. His negation power prevents them from killing him with magic, and they lack enough null weapons to kill with those. Then they realize they can save him because he didn't truly want to fight, and they revert him to the good side.
Then !SPOILERS!
They return home as heroes.
The end.
Cue sequel?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Omnom --> Laurel's callin' you out.
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm
sheysse says...

Nice posts, @Feltrix and @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX! I'm going to post soon, and it should imply the training occurred... However, there won't actually be posts with training. Just so you know.

176 Reviews

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Sorry for the double post, but I just saw @Lumi 's post and I like where it's going... I'll put off my post till after this duel. ;)

61 Reviews

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:18 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

@XxXSwordsmanXxX, I'm really interested in what's going to happen with Nal and Ker. I was expecting some sort of rivalry, but this looks like it will be fun. :daddarth
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Feltrix. Oh there can still be rivalry. But they can also be friends.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:29 pm
View Likes
Desdemona says...

Hi! I posted again for Maeva, I'm sorry, I just couldn't wait for my turn! I'm so hyped right now.

Maeva is really quite bossy and rude at times, but she's also very powerful, albeit not very much so in combat, except if she has a bow in hand.

So I'm sorry if she struck you as rude, that's how she is. I made her difficult specifically, just to add a little spice to the SB
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale