Fireteam Eclipse DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:18 pm
Europa says...

Tagging all members of the original SB
@Gravity @TheForgottenKing @Chaser @HazelGrace16 @Vellichor

Link to the WFP: http://europa.writerfeedpad.com/2
Last edited by Europa on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 am
Gravity says...

@Europa wouldn't it be wise to allow more than 6 members of Fireteam Eclipse? I really wanted to include Aria from Pierpoint but if you're only allowing 6 charries that would mean a really uneven balance of guy and girl characters. Also, I would like to add that there's no real presented reason to hate the government. When does this take place, what country is this, why is this country at war? Who leads this country? Why is this leader bad? I would really like to join, especially since spots are filling up fast but I just don't have enough information.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

45 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 am
Europa says...

Oh! I forgot to change that! @Gravity there are actually eight. I changed it last minute but must not have changed it on the recap. The government is a Military Dictatorship that uses its overwhelming military strength to keep everyone in line. Like Eva in the original Pierpoint, their rule is heavily based on fear. So...what happens when enough people who have some sort of personal vendetta about the government stop being afraid? The state is lead by the Commander-in-Chief of the military,(I haven't thought up a name yet that's worthy of a dictator, but his way of ruling is much like Joseph Stalin's, so you could see why people might hate him.) The story takes place in the US in the year 3000. Like it was originally planned in Pierpoint, people are starting to get bold. Riots and rebellions have sprung up before, but they were usually stamped out by the government. Now, people are beginning to get smarter. Better at hiding things. They only realized there was a rebellion when there were too many to round up at once. They're facing a full-on uprising. However in the first volume here it won't take a dominant place in the plot. It may be mentioned here and there, but that conflict won't come into full light until at least part two.

45 Reviews

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:07 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alright! @Sevro has taken the eighth and final slot. Fireteam Eclipse is now complete! Lets get started with a few ideas.

First off, what would you guys think of a rival fireteam made up of NPCs? It may add a bit more immediate peril, and give Eclipse someone to compete with.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Sevro says...

Submitted my CP.

Also, I think a rival fireteam would keep things interesting, for sure.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

45 Reviews

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:17 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

And with Marcus joining as the eighth member, this SB is now closed.

45 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm
Europa says...

Next thing to be discussed would be classes and teachers. One of the most important ones would probably be Team Building since that's the class where the entire cast will be together and their group dynamic would be developed the most. The class is basically a series of training missions designed to simulate real-life situations they might face in an actual war. They're briefed, and then have a couple minutes to strategize before being thrown into the exercise. Simple enough, though we might need to figure out what the mission would be before doing a Team Building post.
The other classes don't all have to be posted for, (In the original it was only hand-to-hand that really got a story.) just the ones that have more than one character taking them. Also, if none of the electives fit your character, you have the option of taking a one-on-one or small group training session with a teacher (@Gravity gave me that idea) I think what would be easiest is to figure out each character's schedule and then decide which ones we really want to post for. Those would be the teachers we'd need to figure out a character for.

45 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 am
Europa says...

As some of you may already know, YWS's chatbar is being closed down. Meaning that chatting in real time will soon no longer be an option. I have created a writierfeed pad so that we can still plan in a way that's faster than just sending PMs back and forth. In case people don't check the pad regularly, I would like you to post the ideas you planned in the DT, or if you prefer it, tell people you have an idea posted in the pad that they should check out.

I'll put the link in this comment as well as the beginning post.
http://europa.writerfeedpad.com/2
Last edited by Europa on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

271 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm
Gravity says...

Wait, what???? The chatbar is being closed down???? Why????????!!!!!!!!!

79 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:46 pm
Sevro says...

YWS Chatroom and Chat Bar to Close Jan. 10, 2017
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."

Spoiler! :

271 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:21 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

@Sevro I saw that. So sad.

45 Reviews

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:07 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I would like to have a bit of a full-cast planning session before we begin. My goal is to start posting by Monday/Tuesday so if we're able to do it during the weekend that would be great.

79 Reviews

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:11 pm
Sevro says...

I'm pretty much free most of the weekend, so just lemme know when it's happening and I'll try to be there.

Spoiler! :

45 Reviews

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:48 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Does 8:00 pm today work for everyone?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm
Vellichor says...

What time zone? @Europa
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury