z

Young Writers Society

Fairy Tales DT

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:50 am
View Likes
Charm says...

@Steggy yeah sure. I'll change it so that you guys don't have to go to the trouble of deciding who gets to be princess. It's not that big of an issue c:

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:03 am
Charm says...

@featherstone9086 No, even that would never happen or be written in an original fairy tale. I think you should change your character to fit what I've saying. I really insist on everyone reading a Grimm or preferably Andrew Lang short short short story to understand. I went so far to putting links in the DT, and twice in the storybook. They are only a few hundred words.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:09 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

http://www.academia.edu/8886190/Is_Grim ... ar_Eclipse

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/sol ... myths.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-science/

Most of these are lunar eclipses, though.

Ravens were included in a lot of old folk lore as well as other corvids. Also, there was a lot of mythos around blood moons. You did say talking animals, so....if you prefer I can try to figure out another way she can talk. With fairy tales usually animals are oddballs if they, you know, talk, so that is why I made her white. If you want her to be a black raven that talks for a different reason just let me know. I thought it would be fine because you approved talking animals, so...
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:20 am
View Likes
Charm says...

@featherstone9086 I'm talking about it being written in a Grimm story, not in a news report or something like that. Can you find me a story where they write about solar eclipses and actually use the words: solar eclipse? I'm mostly worried about how you are going to write. Here is The Hare and the Hedgehog http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm187.html

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Wait, everyone, I decided that you can be an animal that is human like, has a family, and was born like that. It would fix a whole bunch of problems and I remember that pretty much all the Grimm animals talk and live like humans anyway so what the heck. Go crazy, be a fricken' tiger if you want but please don't complicate things by trying to make your tiger bisexual and vegetarian. You know who you are xD

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:33 am
View Likes
Charm says...

It's called Fairy Tales not Folklore guys.

all fairy tales are folk tales, but not all folk tales are fairy tales

Read more: Difference Between Fairies Tales and Folk Tales | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/miscel ... z4U6znlVyC

Please stop arguing with me. I have already written the rules and explained my point of view and how I want my storybook to go. I'm not asking for much. Everyone is overcomplicating things.

117 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:35 am
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Ayy, jumping in to share my opinions.

Marmalade is the DM, what she says goes. If she doesn't think something would work, please don't waste her time or anything by arguing with her. Also wanted to say that this is a fairytale, not folklore.

Also, keep in mind that all these characters are /main/ characters, so a raven or a tiger might not be the best ideas unless they do have their own stories to tell (and again, don't overcomplicate anything).

<3

EDIT: whoop, looks like marm beat me to some stuff herself xP

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:58 am
View Likes
fukase says...

I'll try to fit in to this world then, I don't want to complicate things up. XD

Well, basically, I'll use medieval fantasy settings with less fantasy and more realistic elements in it while building my characters.

I'll upload my profile around 1 or two more hours.

Spoiler! :
@featherstone9086 what had you done to marmalade? XD
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 am
View Likes
Charm says...

There isn't much realistic about the Grimm stories so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Feather and I are fine. I've just been having issues with everyone and the SB since I opened it. Promise me, you'll read a Grimm story since I put links all over the place in the DT and in the SB. It's not like modern fantasy. They're fairy tales.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

It was all a misunderstanding that was promptly fixed, @NicolMemo.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:45 pm
fukase says...

@marmalade

I've uploaded my profile, and take your time reading. XD.

If you have any corrections or issues or any frustration regarding it, please tell me what you want to change, I'll try changing it.
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:27 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I have a character I would like to add but I need to find a Grimm Tale to support the idea. I will put up the character when I get the chance.

107 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:51 pm

I have thought of two characters that might be good for this story.

The first is a naïve young blacksmith who is socially awkward. And the second is a Forester with severe burns on the left side of his body who is broody and still hurts from a previous loss. Any suggestions as to which?

277 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:45 pm
Charm says...

You don't need a Grimm story to back up your character and I think the blacksmith one is my favorite of the two.

107 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:50 pm

@Marmalade

I am only asking about this for future arcs for Gobban. I am going off of mythology here (which is why I am asking you about this). In Celtic mythology, there is a deity name Goibniu, the god of smithing and hospitality. In his story, there is an instance where a king has lost his arm in battle and Goibniu makes the king a new one out of silver (Completely functional). I am not asking to include Goibniu in this SB, but what do you think of having something similar happen with Gobban?

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard