Young Writers Society

Wild Magic DT

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:52 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@childofnowhere
I have no plans with the dagger. So if the princess wants to purchase it then that's fine with me. For the post just remember that Gobban is socially awkward. So he likely would have difficulty talking to her because 1)she's royalty and 2) she's a woman. So Haslfur would do most of , if not all, the talking.
Last edited by XxXTheSwordsmanXxX on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:04 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@ChildOfNowhere - yeah the king will probably make some address along those lines - a good excuse to get everyone together in the town square too I would say!

They'll be staying in some very grand tents on the non-forest border of town, the royal camp separate from but next to the merchants one.

After everyone has made their introductory posts and interacted a little we'll skip to the morning that Greta's bed is found empty but for now - there should be a bit of a street party when the King comes to make his speech! The Kleinhavn people and the merchants can have fun and the royal entourage can judge harshly.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hey, @Novae, I just saw your last wall post and wanted to confirm it... Just 'cause if you're really dropping out of everything, that means I don't need to bug you and we don't need to wait on each other for our posts here-- but I don't want to write like that's the case and then discover I was wrong, hence this poke.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am
View Likes
Casanova says...

I'm sad to say I've even had to drop my own SB. I'm rarely on YWS anymore due to life getting really busy, I bay have time to write anymore. My apologies
Chat's bangin' yo

107 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:40 am
View Likes

@Basil That was a great post! I really like your character.

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Quick note! I've added a bit in Helene's profile that she's very interested in folk songs and nursery rhymes about the forest and its secrets. She never speaks/sings them out loud, though. Which I guess paints her (and, in my mind, her family and maybe the whole kingdom a bit) as somewhat superstitious, as she sort of believes that the forest can hear those words and the magic and its beings might take it as an invitation or an insult.
- they/them -

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@ChildOfNowhere maybe Helene can learn that Sehen ventures into the Forest regularly and wants to ask her questions? Or would she be too cautious about something like asking questions?

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX thanks :3
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:08 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

@Basil -- Helene would totally ask questions! She's really curious and interested in the forest and stuff that goes on in there, plus she'd like Sehen for what she does. Perhaps they could meet by princess Greta approaching the kids while Helene and her are walking around town? And then one of Sehen's kids could blab something about how she used to be blind but now isn't, as an opening for Helene to ask questions?

In other news, everyone, say hello to Eslyn (as soon as he gets approved, that is). I figured we miss some darker intentions in our cast, and Stella was so kind to allow me to bring him aboard.
- they/them -

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:55 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

@ChildOfNowhere yeah that's a really good idea, I like that :3 Maybe Greta is intrigued by the Terrell's crutches?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

Reviews: 4
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:33 pm
Younnez19 says...

i want second merchant plz

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:44 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I don't think Ursula is likely to go to the address, on account of her not being comfortable around lots of people. I think it would take the princess going missing for her to face that. @StellaThomas should I skip doing an introductory post, or do something short about watching all the people go off to the King's address and feeling so lonely?

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:47 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Nah definitely do an introductory post! After all, she needs an introduction ;
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:53 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@Younnez19 - unfortunately ChildOfNowhere just nabbed that spot by PM earlier this morning, I'm sorry!

Also, can I take this moment to apologise to Aria/everyone else for being extremely brief and a bit brusque in PMs - I answer my PMs usually before work in the very early morning before my brain has fully kicked in, so if you ever get something really short off of me, don't assume that I'm annoyed, just assume I'm on my phone and getting ready for work xD

@ChildOfNowhere - approved. The only thing I would say is that from a story point-of-view, he might want to play down how well he knows the forest for the first while. This is because the Tree-Touched, who have been very ostracised their entire lives, are suddenly going to get their chance to shine, which I think is a kind of fun/important character point (although hey basically everyone except Gobban and Resa have been into the forest at this point xD). Anyway just spitballing - maybe Eslyn could downplay his knowledge for nefarious purposes at the start?

Also, @Novae, we'll be sad to lose you :( At this point we have two options, please weigh in:

1) keep the prince NPC
2) have Helene the principal of the group.

I'm inclined to make him NPC but let me know what you guys think.

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:20 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Sure! To the tree-touched, he's gonna probably seem like he's just bragging at first anyway, especially since he goes "I know /all about the forest/... but oh idk what took my stuff in there. And also [insert random blatant lie]. But really, know it like the back of my hand!" and I'm guessing later on they'll be the ones questioning his directions the most... maybe he'll have to set some traps on the real path in order to lead them astray, hmm //ramble

I vote for the prince to stay as NPC too, but free for claiming if someone else comes in. I'm gonna have to use him in my posts since Helene and him are together at least in the intro, so I'd go with the name and general personality from the current profile and then adjust later on if someone takes over. Could that work?

I don't think Helene is a good choice for the principal, otherwise. She'd spare no expenses on getting the best people to do their best work (or to get the people she likes to volunteer -- like by promising patronage to the smithy or whatever), but she'd probably suck as the central figure of the party.
- they/them -

107 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm
View Likes

i can see keeping him as NPC just make sure people know that he is being used in a post.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant