Young Writers Society

Wild Magic DT

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

My mistake then - well, genuinely, either way around suits me.

As far as how far can the magic go, we're going to be getting very creative as soon as we get in the woods. I mean, if you read the other profiles, we have two people in one body and a girl who got turned completely silver so I'm inclined to say *pretty far*. The only caveat I'd have for you is that you're playing someone of status, and the stigma attached to being tree-touched is pretty heavy, so I wouldn't want anything too noticeable.

However, once we get under the canopy, it's possible the forest will recognise Helene and completely change her - or anyone for that matter. It's all to play for.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:06 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Yes! That's pretty much exactly what I was hoping to do with her :D

I'm tweaking her history now to make her a noble instead.

ETA: She's a duchess from Regondy now. I decided to make her a foreigner because there'd probably be some rumours about her history anyway, and this way we can say they haven't reached Wasserland yet, but someone who travels between the two might have heard something. Just in case we want some drama at some point :3 Plus, international relations and all that. Her father is a cousin or something of the king of Regondy, if no one objects to that.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 pm
ExOmelas says...

Is there a recommended posting order?

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm
StellaThomas says...

Nope! Go for it!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

760 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm
ExOmelas says...

Cool :D

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey @BiscuitsLeGuin - I just had a look at your post there - as per the OP, we're starting on the day the caravan arrives in Kleinhavn, and the princess goes missing on the third night of their stay. So the princess won't go missing for a little bit - this is just time for us to make introductory posts and get to know each other a bit before the plot begins!

So just to be clear everybody: Princess Greta is still around, and will be until I signal that she's gone.

760 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:07 pm
ExOmelas says...

Oh, oops. Er, I guess I could set this as three days later and just have some time jump filling in the gaps? Or I can take it down and save it as a draft until it would make sense to post it

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Yeah, I think it might be better if you take it down and save it, or edit the post to reflect what's going on - we don't want to timeskip to that just yet.

Just a reminder to everyone to keep track of what's going on whenever you post, and if you're not sure, ask! :)

760 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 am
ExOmelas says...

Ok, I'll keep it in a pad til it's needed.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:54 am
View Likes
deleted868 says...

I just wanted to make sure - can I keep my character the godfather of the grandchild, and keep that he was friends with the prince, or do I need to change it before I start writing?
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:06 am
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Posted!! Hope that everyone is fine with it!!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Ye, @KAL!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:59 am
deleted868 says...

Ok thanks @StellaThomas !! I might wait to post for a little bit, but I wil ahvw something up by the beginning of the weekend, if that's alright.
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 am
Basil says...

I'll try get something up soon!!
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX -- if you didn't have any other plans with it, could Helene get interested in that knife? I have it planned that, once Greta disappears, she'd eventually go to Gobban and get herself an easily consealable weapon... and she's the only royal lady so far :p
That said, she'd probably also need lessons on how to use whatever weapon she gets, once she does.

@StellaThomas -- is there anything specific you want the King and others to do? I'm guessing they'd make some sort of public "we're here because the forest is nothing to fear" speech? And would they stay in the city itself or do they have their royal tents and stuff to put up in shallow woods or some such?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon