z

Young Writers Society

Bringing a Legend to Life DT

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 am
View Likes
EvangelineFire says...

@Kilgharrah Oh! Now I feel stupid. >_> I knew comp meant computer, but I thought in this case it stood for something else. Nvm....

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 am
View Likes
deleted868 says...

Thanks!
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

Reviews: 0

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:20 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

LordZeus wrote:Thanks @Kilgharrah. I was thinking maybe 20? That would seem a fair age for knighthood and for him to have gained some renown. In any case, he is the son of Morgause, Arthur's older sister. So anyone playing her would have to accommodate that.

Also his father his King Lot of Lothian and Orkney, but he serves Uther. This means that Gawain is a Prince as well as Knight. And his lineage and the fact that he is the oldest son would (I believe) mean that he is third in line for the throne, after Arthur. Just thought Id mention that.

But of course Gawain is a Knight above all. So Kilgharrah could you reserve his slot for me? Know will join, though I don't know when I'll be able to submit a cp. It will probs be a little while.

EDIT: Just realised that Gawain is actually second in line for the throne, and would be heir to the throne if Arthur passes away. He's devoted to Arthur though, so he wouldn't want that and we know that that won't happen anyway. Just thought I'd mention it.

LordZeus wrote:@Mage not many specifics really. Just a couple things you should keep in mind, Morgause and Morgana are King Arthur's sisters (the former older and the latter younger in this SB). Also he is close friends with Gawain, his nephew and most trusted Knight. He has five nephews btw, all children of Morgause and King Lot of Lothian and Orkney; Gawain, Agravaine, Gaheris, Gareth and Mordred in that order (However, @Casanova, since I am making Gawain 20 to keep Morgause's age down for the sake of the Sb, we can make Mordred before a brother or two if you wish so you can make him older).

Hey @KAL and @EvangelineFire these two comments of mine should give you some background on Gawain, Gaheris and Morgause. Also since I am making Gawain 20, and there is another brother in between them, Gaheris should be around 13-17 years old as squire to incorporate that. I hope that's okay with you KAL!

I look forward to working with both of you!

94 Reviews

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm
View Likes
deleted868 says...

@LordZeus Thanks! Yeah that sounds fine. So 15? Is that alright then? I'm very much looking forward to working with you as well! Honestly I'm just excited to be a part of this, that I don't really care what my character's gonna be like XD.
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Anywhere from 13 to 17 is fine, @KAL, so 15 works swell. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please do care a bit about your character :P I can't wait to see your CP (Character profile)!

94 Reviews

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:21 pm
deleted868 says...

@LordZeus Alright, haha. XD Don't worry :) I do care; I'll definitely get started on the CP!

13 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:16 am
View Likes
EvangelineFire says...

@LordZeus So Morgause would be around 40, then?

EDIT: Also, what is the relationship between Morgause and Gawain? I know they're mother and son, but I'm wondering if they're on good terms.

I know that in the story, Morgause stops her attack on Camelot to save her half-sister Morgana, which tells me that she values family. So would she and Gawain be close, despite him being a knight and her, well, being evil?

39 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:55 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@EvangelineFire given Morgause's manipulative nature, particularly over her husband King Lot in the myths, would make Gawain unhappy with her. He's closer to his father. I was thinking that Gawain, though still loved by his mother, has become estranged from her, and tries to keep his interaction with her to a minimum. When speaking to her, he would do so with cold politeness. Though I would say that her other children would love her because she dotes on them, and Gawain's closeness to his father as well as Arthur influences him a bit to take that position, @KAL and @Casanova would decide on that for their characters.

Also, 40 is fine. You can even make her a bit younger if you like, since people generally got married younger at the time.

Also, update, since @Casanova plans on making his character a little older than Gaheris, we are making Mordred the third brother for the sake of the sb. So, the order of King Lot and Morgause's children in this Sb is: Sir Gawain, Sir Agravain, Mordred, Gaheris and Gareth.

Also, KAL, Gawain and his brothers' last names were not specifically mentioned in the myths. So I thought I'd make it Gwyar, the last name according to the Welsh. It sounds right to me, I hope it works for you! Also, just a suggestion, but I think your CP would look better if you added and filled up a field or two, like 'History' and 'Skills'. I think that would give people-me included-a better understanding of your character and flesh him out a bit more. Again, this is just a suggestion.

94 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 pm
deleted868 says...

@LordZeus Alright thanks! Yeah I'll definitely add some stuff, I just wanted to at least get some of it done before I completely forgot. Thanks a lot!

13 Reviews

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:37 am
EvangelineFire says...

@LordZeus All right, thanks. :) I think I'll make her a little younger than 40.

39 Reviews

Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:54 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey guys, I have been speaking with @Kilgharrah and we have decided to add two new fields for CPs: 'History' and 'Skills'. This is to help us better understand your characters and their abilities. @EvangelineFire sorry for not informing you earlier, could you please edit your CP to include these?

Also, I request everyone to please put the ages of your characters in another field 'Age', right after the name. Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience!

EDIT: Also, @EvangelineFire, please give Morgause a last name (Either 'Gwyar' or 'Pendragon', whichever you feel works best for you)

13 Reviews

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 am
View Likes
EvangelineFire says...

@LordZeus Okay, I'll make sure to edit that in as soon as possible. :D

13 Reviews

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:00 am
EvangelineFire says...

@Kilgharrah I updated my CP for Morgause. :D I hope that's good, but if there's anything else just let me know.

And I'll be posting my CP of Gaius some time over the next couple of days or so. I still have a bit of work that I need to do on him.

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11