z

Young Writers Society

Bringing a Legend to Life DT

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 pm
Eternity says...

Talk about claiming characters or anything else regarding the storybook here. (:

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:21 pm
View Likes
EverStorm says...

I am so in. Im torn though between Morgana and Gwen... At what point in the Arthurian Legend is this? Morgana is evil, I assume because her sister will be around right?

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:27 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

We'll start from the beginning, so she's nice now but will begin to become evil.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:18 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey, just wanted to ask, how old is Arthur right now? I'm considering joining as Sir Gawain (this is the spelling I prefer but I'll be happy with Gwaine if you prefer that) but he is King Arthur's nephew, so if Arthur is young then he would be younger, which might be a bit if a problem in explaining his knighthood.

I hope I don't sound bothersome!

82 Reviews

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:26 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Ah, I'd be happy to spell Gawain that way if you take on that role! I'm going to put Arthur is his adult years, so mid twenties, I guess? Uther is older anyway, so I think mid twenties for Arthur is a good age range for now. Is there any preference about his age, coming from you, so Gawain may be a knight?

39 Reviews

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Thanks @Kilgharrah. I was thinking maybe 20? That would seem a fair age for knighthood and for him to have gained some renown. In any case, he is the son of Morgause, Arthur's older sister. So anyone playing her would have to accommodate that.

Also his father his King Lot of Lothian and Orkney, but he serves Uther. This means that Gawain is a Prince as well as Knight. And his lineage and the fact that he is the oldest son would (I believe) mean that he is third in line for the throne, after Arthur. Just thought Id mention that.

But of course Gawain is a Knight above all. So Kilgharrah could you reserve his slot for me? Know will join, though I don't know when I'll be able to submit a cp. It will probs be a little while.

EDIT: Just realised that Gawain is actually second in line for the throne, and would be heir to the throne if Arthur passes away. He's devoted to Arthur though, so he wouldn't want that and we know that that won't happen anyway. Just thought I'd mention it.
Last edited by LordZeus on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

82 Reviews

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:35 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Of course I will (: Thank you for joining and submit a CP at anytime. It's okay ^^ Thank you for the little background, as well.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:55 pm
Mageheart says...

Can I join this storybook? It looks like a lot of fun and is exactly my type of story! ^_^ If I can, can I please claim Prince Arthur?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

39 Reviews

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:01 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Kilgharrah would make that decision, @Mage, though I'm pretty sure you'll be in. Please see my last dt post for a little insight on Gawain's relationship with Arthur (I will be Gawain). He is according to the mythology, Arthur's most trusted knight and close friend.

Edit: Also, if you ever want to know anything about Arthurian lore (to whatever extent the Sb is going to be based on that) please ask me, I've read up quite a lot on it.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:04 pm
Casanova says...

Hey bby, can I claim mordred? I'm so in on this ^^
Chat's bangin' yo

39 Reviews

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:08 pm
LordZeus says...

@Casanova, that's Gawain's youngest brother! Since I am Gawain, we will probs be working together a lot! :D

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:09 pm
Casanova says...

Oh cool! I look forward to it ^^
Chat's bangin' yo

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Mageheart says...

Thank you for the offer, @LordZeus! ^_^ I'll definitely come to you if I have any questions.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

82 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:41 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

ATTENTION ALL STORYBOOKERS

Alright, so here's what we have.

Spoiler! :
King Uther

Prince Arthur - @Mage

Morgana - @Featherstone9086

Gwenn - @EverWinter???

Emrys (Merlin)

The Great Dragon - @Kilgharrah

Gaius

Sir Leon

Sir Gawain - @LordZeus

Gaheris

Sir Percival

Sir Elyan

Mordred - @Casanova

Morgause

Sir Lancelot - @Sheyren

Nimueh - @Kilgharrah

I'll be giving someone else Sir Percival, just to get more people within this SB. If you want to claim another character, you can. ^^
We'll start this SB on January 1st, which gives everyone plenty of time to work on their CP's and decide how they want their character to be portrayed. If there any mistakes, please let me know.

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury