Young Writers Society

Clue: Heathermire Hall [DT]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:01 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@ElizabethLovelace, awesome post!

There are so many open hidden passageways now - confusingly perfect for an NPC death (which I assume will start the next round).

Until then, that's another thing - feel free to mention the cook or the maid. They're somewhere in the house too.

Whoever posts next, likely about the backup files on the computer, refer to Sacredlege's post and the ones before that by he and Hunter. @Sacredlege, are you cool with whoever posting to include your Krome quote pretty much word for word? I think it's perfect.

As usual, if anyone has questions or needs help with their post, don't be afraid to ask.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Lol sure, unless whoevers posting has a better idea.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:57 am
View Likes
Persistence says...

Hey everyone! So, I'm leaving yws, which means I'm not gonna be doing this sb. I wish you good luck with it, however, and I hope you have a lot of fun.

Oh and if you have to kill my character, please do it with an audiobook playing to her in the background. I think that would be an appropriate end for her, since she likes to listen to them sometimes. I think that would be cool.

Anyway, bye! Stay awesome.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

440 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:01 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

<3 We will miss you and Miss Moss dearly, @Persistence. She shall have the novel death she deserves ;D

Because Persi has left us and @Dreamery seems to have disappeared into thin air, it looks like @AstralHunter and @Craz will be soon paired as PICs. Not yet, though. Mercury and Moss will have to die first, and their alibis revealed.
and do not be afraid.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

I guess you could say that you shall miss Moss haha xD

Okay I'm out now lol

<3
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

383 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:21 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Since our current motive (at least from what I wrote in my version) is that Krome has backups but it's only available to be deleted if a) the Butler tells them where it is and b) they're willing to send one backup to the cops, that being supposedly the murderer's backup. However if both Mercury and Moss die, all of them can just send their backup to the cops now and get off scot free. So option A is change the motive into something better and more sound proof, and option B is let them stick around but have them be NPCs (that aren't killed). We can still reveal the alibis but we don't necessarily have to kill the characters.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurer(s): @ty7lucky, @ElizabethLovelace, @Craz, @Persistence, @Steggy, @Falconer, @AstralHunter, @Dreamery, @Sacredlege, @Megrim
Storybook: Clue: Heathermire Hall
The Challenge: Mr. Coda Krome is finally dead, and one of your characters is the guilty one. For the second round of posts, a plethora of mini challenges are offered, from which you need only to pick three to get the maximum amount of credits.

1. Because your character is likely to be at least a little bit happy to see their host dead, use all of the following words and their derivatives in a way that does not pertain to the weather (nor should it anyway, with a storm going on): sunny, bright, ray, rainbow, sky blue, clear. Please bold them or color them so that Hunter can find them easily.
2. Because it’s almost Valentine’s Day, place your character in an awkward romantic situation with the character of your PIC, whether it’s accidental or not. (Note - as of now, the characters themselves are not partners in crime and therefore should not have any special connection only because of it.)
3. Quote Shakespeare somewhere and underline it for Hunter.
4. Discover a hidden passageway.
5. There’ll be plenty of candles around due to the power outage. Set something on fire.

Completion Time: one post; one month
Credits Awarded: One credit per challenge completed, for a maximum of three, and one bonus point for writing a post of at least 500 words.

The challenge has expired, which means it's a new round! I'm curious to see what our sinister Dungeon Master plans next.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

383 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:47 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Huh. Challenge is already over huh? And we haven't even gotten to the video yet.

Well, I may as well ask now-- @Elizabethlovelace , are you Mr. Blanche's alibi?

293 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm sure that can be in the next challenge. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:55 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

;) ;) ;)

This round's gonna be funnn. Double murders. Mwahaha.

I'll officially end this round with a post on Saturday. If anyone wants to slip in before then, now's your chance! You won't get credits but you'll still get your alibi question for the round. Also, for those of you who posted already, be sure to ask your questions before then.

Oh and for some reason @Sacredlege, I never saw your Feb 20 DT post until now. What you say is true, so we'll have to find a better way.

Say that there's something on the computer that dials to the police every ten minutes (or sends the files), and the only way to unlock the computer and cancel it is to correctly answer a security question that comes up on the screen. Most of the questions would take too long to figure out, especially in a dark Hall, but because the butler knows all the answers or at least all the places to find them, keeping him alive is essential.

It'd be stuff like
Mr. Krome's Computer wrote:What was the name of Mr. Krome's first pet?
or
Mr. Krome's Computer wrote:What's Heathcliff's favorite toy?

and because the butler has worked with Coda for such a long time, he'd know everything like this.

I like the aspect of "only sending the murderer's files" because that gives the characters a reason to try and solve the mystery. But how can it be guaranteed that it's the right one, if two characters are already dead?
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Maybe Francisco is hell-bent on finding his master's murderer and would risk death by refusing to answer the questions should they choose the easy way out? The others will find him difficult, but it could work. Perhaps. XD
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm having to write the Revision Championship story today rather than a Clue post, so it'll be a little while longer before I'm done.

@AstralHunter, @Megrim, and @ElizabethLovelace - remember to ask your alibi questions before then!
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:49 am
Wolfi says...

A surprise post! Nice job, Lucky ~
and do not be afraid.

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:41 am
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

I had it partially ready but never could find time to finish, sorry that it was on the weaker side.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

440 Reviews

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:47 am
Wolfi says...

You're all good. I liked it, and I'm glad you could post this round. :)
and do not be afraid.

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix