z

Young Writers Society

Clue: Heathermire Hall [DT]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:09 am
Wolfi says...

Don't be alarmed if you were tagged by the ghost of Mr. Krome. He just wants you to join. (And if you weren't tagged, he wants you to join too!)

Rules of The Storybook

What'll be going on in the main thread.
Spoiler! :
1. The SB will progress at an average of one round a month.
2. Each round is bookended by the butler’s posts.
3. Characters are only permitted one post every round.
4. The plot of the SB is largely guided each month by SB challenges.
5. If life happens and you don’t think you’ll be able to post during a round, that’s okay! Just let us know.

Rules of the Game

While the plot in the main SB thread carries onward, a game of interrogation will be held in the DT. The rules are actually quite simple, so I'm sorry that I wrote so much. I just wanted to be thorough and cover as many questions as I could ahead of time.
Spoiler! :
1. Your object is to determine who, of the ten characters, is the murderer of Mr. Krome.
2. You are an alibi to one other character in the SB. This character will be PMed to you by yours truly. Keep this information under top security, and reveal it only when directly prompted to (as in #8) or when discussing with your PIC (as in #11).
3. Everyone who is not the murderer has one alibi.
4. The butler is not an alibi to anyone, nor is he the murderer.
5. One of the ten characters is an alibi to the butler.
6. Only one person knows who the murderer is - Wolfical. Not even the creator of the murderer is fully aware of their precious charrie’s bloody tendencies.
7. The Storybook is concluded once someone is able to claim, without a doubt, who the murderer of Mr. Krome is. If they guess incorrectly, they cannot guess again.
8. Information is gathered from one alibi at a time after finishing a 500 word+ post. For example, after @Steggy finishes a post of appropriate length, she can report to the DT and ask one question to one alibi. The question must be formatted as follows: “@[User], are you the alibi of [character name]?” Steggy might therefore ask, “@Lumi, are you the alibi of Miss Moss?” This is done publicly, in the DT.
9. The content of your post and your question do not need to be logically connected. Steggy’s Miss Blue does not need to be talking to Lumi’s character in her post in order to ask them a question.
10. Alibis must not reply to such questions in the DT, but only via PMs. Lumi would privately answer Steggy with either a “Yes, I am Miss Moss’ alibi,” or “No, I am not Miss Moss’ alibi.”
11. As you can imagine, such accumulation of information is guaranteed to be slow. Therefore, a few rounds into the SB, characters will be paired into Parters in Crime (PICs), a pair which is permitted to share knowledge and attempt to solve the mystery as a team. Their characters will be forced into teamwork within the plot as well.
12. If you choose to opt out of posting for a round, you cannot ask an alibi a question. No worries - there’s ample time to catch up on the mystery next round!
13. If you have reason to believe that your character is the infamous murderer, splendid! You can still win the game by correctly identifying your character as the murderer.

Partners in Crime

Spoiler! :

@Falconer & @ElizabethLovelace (Team Inky Diamonds)
@Sacredlege & @Steggy (Team Bruises)
@Megrim & @ty7lucky
@AstralHunter & @Dreamery
@Persistence & @Craz
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:08 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Question--what happens if the PIC finds out that their partner is the murderer? Do they both report? In such case, who wins (especially if both figured it out simultaneously)?

Also: I reserve Mr/Ms/Mrs. Black.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 am
View Likes
Mea says...

This looks really cool, but I think I'll pass as I just don't have time for another storybook. I appreciate the tag, though!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I also don't think I'll have enough time to participate in this, but it looks really cool and I'm grateful that Mr. Krome thought I should be tagged! ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:18 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Considering it's only one post a month, it's an easily achievable goal, so count me in! I'll claim Mr White.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:48 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Sacredlege and @AstralHunter, I'm delighted to have you both on the team! @Mage and @Mea, thanks for your compliments. :)

PICs can win as a team, even if one of them is the murderer.

Dang, fantastic character, Sacredlege!

EDIT: If it would make more sense, Mr. Crow could be called instead Fr. Crow.
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:04 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks for the invite, Wolfie. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to pass this time, but it looks great! I hope you guys have fun.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

383 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Mr. Crow is going as an anonymous man--he doesn't want anybody figuring out any of his identities, thus he goes as a Mister rather than Father.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:35 am
View Likes
Craz says...

I would like to reserve a Ms. Canary (yellow) please~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

440 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:40 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

That makes sense, Sacredlege ^^

Welcome to the team, @Craz! I know you're busy with stuff, so no rush to get your CP in.
and do not be afraid.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:54 am
View Likes
Que says...

Hello~
I would like to join this lovely SB as well! Could I have Purple? The character would be (most likely) named Mr. Mauve. :)
Parlez-vous français?

440 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:28 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Falconer! <3 Welcome! I put Mr. Mauve in your slot for now, but of course you can change it later.
and do not be afraid.

383 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:51 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Question--what happens when all of the NPCs die? Does the game end, or does it expand to the actual players?

How many rounds are possible in this game?

Since anybody is capable of murder in this case, and since only @Wolfical knows who the murderer is, what'll happen in the actual storybook when the murderer is caught? Does the creator write the post, or does Wolfical? Will it be dramatic, as in the character of the person who finds out accuses the murderer, or could it go anyway?

How do we accuse a character of murder? Do we send Wolfical a PM, or is it a public thing that's then denounced?

440 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:35 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oh my goodness that's a lot of questions. They're really good ones, though.

What happens when all of the NPCs die? Does the game end, or does it expand to the actual players?
The progress of the SB is not fueled simply on murders. The deaths of each of the NPCs happen for good reason, not (only) because the murderer is a lunatic. For example, the cook will try to slip out of the Hall and contact the police; she is killed to be silenced. The delivery man sees something he shouldn't have; he is also silenced.

Not knowing who the murderer is, the nine innocent main characters are not harmed because they share a fellowship in despising Mr. Krome. They also see what happen to the NPCs and don't try to make any fatal moves.

If someone quits the SB, their character can be killed and their position as an alibi will be revealed to everyone.

How many rounds are possible in this game?
I have no idea. I'll be keeping track of everyone's progress toward guessing the murderer and if things are going too slowly I can alter the system a little. Example: changing PICs.

What'll happen in the actual storybook when the murderer is caught?
I like the idea of the victor(s) writing a post and apprehending the murderer themselves. I also like the murderer's creator writing a post, so that we can hear their more authentic point of view on the murder. So yeah, it could go any way.

Towards the end of the SB, the power will come back on, which will allow the police to be called. It's up to the murderer's creator how they go down in the end - imprisonment, suicide, etc.

How do we accuse a character of murder?
Post it in the DT, and include your PIC if applicable. If it's wrong, the alibi of accused suspect will reveal themselves to confirm that the accusation is false. After an incorrect guess, no more guesses can be attempted, but the usual alibi questions can still be asked and PICs can be assisted.

I wouldn't mind going the PM route, but the incorrect guess would still have to be publicly announced anyway so that the alibi could reveal themselves. Then again, I suppose we could keep the identity of the guesser unknown, and I could reveal the alibi myself.

Which do you prefer?
and do not be afraid.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:51 pm
View Likes
Megrim says...

Oh dear I go away for a few days and all sorts of stuff happened.

I think I'll be Professor Chestnut or Professor Pecan or something... any other brown synonyms that start with P? He'll be male.

Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data