z

Young Writers Society

Ashfall 2.0 DT

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:33 pm
Craz says...

Come one, come all~!
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

77 Reviews

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:56 pm
Craz says...

Welcoming @EverWinter to the team~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:14 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Ohohoho~ I live for these types of storybooks.

Sign me up!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

77 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:23 am
View Likes
Craz says...

STEG welcome~

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:26 am
View Likes
Megrim says...

Soooounds like I might have to join. But what kind of character to be! The possibilities...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:05 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I love this book series!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

77 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:53 am
Craz says...

Jooinn uss~

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:21 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Oh my gosh yesss!! Thank you Craz, I love you! Ive missed Ashfall :3 I think I'm going to make a brand new character too. Yay! Sign me up, definitely :D
Last edited by Basil on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:02 pm
View Likes
EverStorm says...

Im going to go ahead and make my character sheet ^^

77 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:26 pm
Craz says...

Go ahead~ I'm going to try to get mine in soon too as well :p

107 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 pm
View Likes
EverStorm says...

Are all of our characters supposed to be in the same place or can I just put my character in a random town?

Also, you say we don't have a kit with everything we need in it for what we have. Can I have a 72 hour kit? I have one in real life but it only provides for a 72 hour problem, not a crisis. It would have 9 meals worth of army rations, an extra pair of clothes, a tiny first aid kit, a flashlight, and 3 water bottles. This is what I have in my 72 hour kit, that I keep in my closet. Is that allowed or would you rather not me have that?

77 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 pm
Craz says...

All of our characters will roughly be in the same area, roughly. I'm leaving it up to wherever you think your character will fit best (rural, urban, suburban, etc) for the beginning, but as an actual location that we can work with is up for grabs. Suggestions?

As for the kit, will it be something that your character would have? I'm trying to avoid things like a 72 hour survival kit being in the SB just for the sake of convenience, you know? I'm not completely apposed to it since it's only a 72 hour one, but remember that this is three weeks after the disaster.

107 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:54 pm
View Likes
EverStorm says...

Okay, so her kit would be long gone. I put my character in Fargo, North Dakota, because according to the US geological survey, there would be about 30-100 mm of ash fall there. It seemed like somewhere where it would be difficult but not impossible to survive. We could meet in Minneapolis or Chicago?

77 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:07 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Sounds good. I think that most of our characters can be trying to make their way to the city of Minneapolis (could be cool to have a POV of the city too~) with the thought that there would be some sort of rescue shelter readily in place there by the time everyone gets there. Is everyone cool with that?

ALSO FOUND THIS KEWL MAP THAT IS REALLY GOOD AT SHOWING THE SEVERITY OF THE SUPER VOLCANO
Spoiler! :

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:26 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I like that idea! Marianda will be living in St. Louis and when she is traveling to her house, the "traffic jam of the century" welcomes her.

EDIT: Scratch that. It is the "biggest human traffic jam of the century".
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass