z

Young Writers Society

Charcoal DT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:30 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

A Hephaestus/Vulcan-esque god would be fitting.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:21 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

It would. A town is most likely to revere a god that is a patron/matron of a resource that keeps their town running, and some sort of craft that relates to their best industry.

So for a town that owes its existence to geothermal activity, and has industries related to it such as metalwork and glassblowing, Hephaestus the Forger would be perfect.

(Also may I add that your little dog avatar is freaking adorable.)
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:35 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

For more important topics of discussion, how does your character know/feel about/get along with the other townsfolk? That's a goldmine of discussion to explore while gods usually fall by the wayside.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:38 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gideon usually avoids them, sometimes heads to the pub for a drink or two but only interacts if he has to. He's got a dry sense of humor, so he'd probably make some stinging remark or other at some point. I think most of the townspeople just leave him be. With the exception of one or two that have drastically different personalities from his. He holds great disdain for wealthy people and idiots. Especially drunkards.
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:47 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Octavia is just sort of everywhere, and I think most townsfolk would treat her as a sort of adorable ownerless puppy. Curious and at times making some disturbingly honest remarks, but harmless and generally endearing, too much of a regularity to be paid much attention despite her eccentric behaviour.

Some of the wealthier people might know her as a lady, since she technically is one, but she's not exactly what a lady is expected to be, so they'd probably look at her with a bit of pity and a bit of embarrassment, not say anything 'cause her family still has money and (probably) influence. But if she attends any events, it's usually as an accessory to her brother and keeping her personality in check as much as possible.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Leslie will always be friendly, greeting the people that visit the pub, and cracking jokes and making conversation unless they say they don't want to talk. If somebody wants to talk about their troubles, she'll listen politely, and make the occasional reply of 'that's rough, buddy.'

She gets a little flustered around beautiful women, and though she'll try to talk to them like she would normally talk to anyone, it shows a little.
She may occasionally work up the courage to attempt flirting, but she'll always come off as cheesy and unpracticed.

So Leslie gets along fine with everyone, as it's in her nature to be friendly, but not overwhelmingly in-your-face I WILL BEFRIEND YOU about it.
If she doesn't like someone, she'll still serve them politely, unless their behaviour is disruptive or abusive, in which case she may tell them to leave.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:26 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

finally done with my character.

okay so Richard doesn't like people but he does enjoy those that will vote him or watching the poor people get brunt by the lava spurts (some call him a sadist). His wife, Sasha, is around him 24/7 and will lie to save their relationship. He's also very blunt towards many people so if he says something about your dress, don't be surprised if it comparing you to the lowest thing below him.

Another thing I'd might add is Richard thinks he is a "god" above people and will ignore those that say otherwise.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I haven't gotten my CP up yet, but my charrie's name is Aidan Elliot. Things might seem a little confusing since it's not submitted, but anyways...

Most people (perhaps) fondly know him since he is the innkeeper's youngest son and the most renowned musician, but he doesn't receive special attention unless he has his violin in his hands. He usually performs in the pub once per week in order to help his father's business by attracting people to the inn (or perhaps keep those already there far longer than they plannned). He tends to avoid people who fuss over/pity him or taunt him about not being as "normal" as everyone else, since he hates this. He usually doesn't show his deeper, negative emotions though, nor does he get excited often. Being tired and having death on the mind can do that.

Overall he tries to keep a bit of distance. He doesn't know how much longer he has to live (his illness seems to attack him every now and then, and recently he almost died once) so he has been staying cordial but keeping his words to a minimum for years, believing that it's not worth it to start a new friendship when he could suddenly die. The only exceptions are his violin students and the people he has been close to for a long time.

And honestly, he mostly keeps to himself, but if you want to talk to him, he won't shut you down or turn you away. Mostly. Unless he's locked himself up in his room.
Last edited by Lael on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:36 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@SirenCymbaline thanks! d:

Nilima is cold and strictly business-like with men. She likes to consider herself independent, but could fare well with a close female friend. She isn't the most joyous person in the world, and doesn't have the brightest outlook on life, but the one bright spot in her life is her craft. She loves making things for people, whether they're paying customers or just compassionate acquaintances. That's her way of kindness - glass sculpture gift-giving.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:45 am
Vellichor says...

Charlie knows most people in town, and most know him given his profession and typically cheerful attitude. He isn't the [i]most[i/] social of people, and won't be one to seek out someone in pursuit of a conversation, but will happily partake in one when he is invited to do so :) He does however, have issues with having others in his house, and very, very rarely invites anyone over.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 am
Lumi says...

Aleja has been called in from a neighbor nation and knows none of the townsfolk. She will bond most quickly with the police force, and then outwards with those she investigates. Her story will be broken into those investigations and bonding moments.

At the beginning of the story, she will be on a train.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:11 am
Megrim says...

Vince will probably be well-known, at least in name, and easily recognized, but wouldn't be close to many people. A lot of people work under him--maybe some of our glass-worker characters?--and probably respected his father. Vince makes appearances around town now and again (eg church, benefits, community stuff like that), but doesn't get personal. He's not very confident/authoritative, and comes across as fairly meek, so he wouldn't have the most positive reputation. He has some non-life-threatening chronic illness that flares up now and again (thinking immune-related polyarthritis). He tentatively *wants* more friendships, but lacks the self-confidence to pursue them. I think just about everyone in his life would know him by way of professional, wealthy society, or work-related relationships. To most of the town, he's just a name.

264 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 am
View Likes
Megrim says...

Important Stuff

- Still waiting on @Rydia and @Lael but I think everyone else has submitted, correct? If anyone else wants to jump in on the SB, better let me know ASAP.

- I'll be making the first post sometime soon. I think it will be the day after the murder, with the inn cleaned up but still a bit shaken from what happened, and the cellar cordoned off for investigation (unless anyone thinks it should be different--since a lot of characters work in the inn, I figure the pub & rooms should be open). The weather is forecasting heavy ashfall, so bring your umbrellas :)

- The more things you can make/have that are clockwork, the better. Gadgets, transportation, maybe even the occasional automaton that does something simple (doorman, bar polisher, some repetitive action like that).

- We'll say that the people of Inverstadt mainly worship Hephaestus the Forger. There's a church dedicated to him with weekly services and occasional community events/charities/dinners. I'll leave it to you guys to develop some cool rituals and beliefs and decor and stuff. I'm thinking themes based around embers, smoke, and metal. (No one made a priest character! Maybe that's a good position for someone)

- If you haven't contacted me to opt in or out of the murderer pool of candidates, do so asap. I'll post more info about murderer-related stuff once they've been chosen.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:18 am
Amnesia says...

Can i reserve a spot here? I dont have time right at this moment to make my character template but I do want to join
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

264 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:07 pm
Megrim says...

Yup, just make sure you get your profile in before the end of the weekend.

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato