Young Writers Society

Charcoal DT

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:52 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

An outline of the post coming up if you want to write around it.

1. Angry Aleja shadow boxing in her inn room. Stream of consciousness.
2. Show me the murder weapon. Show me the murder weapon. The body was ____ to death but the weapon...was likely lava-tossed.
3. That's what she would do.
4. After interviewing the glassblower, she learns that some metals and rocks can endure the temperature of the lava, so draining the rivers is a must.
5. But how?
6. She remembers the statuette of Hephaestus in the alleyway and how shaken some of the locals had been that it was dismantled. A sign that the goddess was displeased.
7. Later at the police station, she encounters the Admiral, with whom she has a word about extreme ordinances. He warns her about ruffling the feathers of the wildlife just-so and signs off on her black ops mission to decapitate the statue in the square.
8. This time she would have a statement.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:49 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Really sorry I haven't posted since the last one. I'll be active again once I'm not busy with Christmas, I swear.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:04 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

@Rydia, just in case this comes up in conversation with Admiral Dunagan, can you tell me some things about his religion? what are some of its principal values? what makes it superior to other religions?
What does he think about Inverstadt's worship of Hephaestus?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:14 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Sure! The admiral's religion is all about worshiping the deity Mortem who is also known as the bringer of change. His followers believe that chaos is a good luck sign because from chaos will come order and they believe their religion is superior because change is found everywhere, whether it's the change from a living person to a dead one or the change of seasons or the change from peace to war. Wherever anything or anyone is in a period of transitioning, Mortem has power over that person or those events. The followers don't believe in sacrifice as Mortem will take the people he wants and protect those who he still has a purpose for. They do however perform rites on the days when the seasons turn and at the start and end of a person's life and other times of great transition.

The ultimate belief of the religion is that there will come a period of great chaos and those who are chosen to survive will then be delivered to a world of ultimate order where nothing can go wrong again. Some variations of the religion believe that this world of perfect order is actually reached through death - the admiral follows this second group of believers. The two sides of followers all worship together though - they have no issue with contradictions or opposing views; their religion celebrates chaos afterall.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:38 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Oi, I keep trying to write for Aleja, but I have the worst case of writer's block right now. I'll jump in as soon as I break it, but until then feel free to keep Aleja doing Detective Things if interacting with townsfolk. I'm still personally gathering clues and red herrings.

By the by, this means I'm taking all home remedies you have for writer's block.
-Shinji Moon

59 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:21 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Can I do another post? unless someone else was planning on posting soon.
I just like to keep the ball rolling, and I have a few ideas for that conversation too.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

:( This place needs spicing up. It's so quiet in here you can hear the grandfather clock ticking!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

@Lumi You'll notice that in Brinley Stephen's character profile, her occupation is "Detective's assistant". If you didn't know this and don't want her to assist you that's totally fine, but I'm not sure what she'd do otherwise. But don't worry, I'll find something!
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I didn't forget! I've been skirting around Aleja's first day(s) in Inverstadt and wasn't sure if you wanted me to bring you in or not. But since you're in, I made sure you're by her side. c:

Other notable appearances that drove Aleja crazy in today's post were @Rydia, @SirenCymbaline, and @Gravity!
-Shinji Moon

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:40 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Yeah I was gonna say, nobody really reacted to the huge piece of news my character released on the front page of the newspaper @Lumi XD
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

58 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Thanks, @Lumi!

And I'm sorry, @Gravity, but seeing as how Brinley is pretty well put together, I didn't think that she would react much, trying to keep it all business. Sorry about that!
-Winny the woodpecker

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:30 pm
Wolfi says...

Nice post, @Lumi! :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

58 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:12 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Umm... I wrote a post on the storybook, and it didn't show up... *shrugs* Looks like I'm finally going to make that long-awaiting post! Sorry for the wait, guys!
-Winny the woodpecker

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

If no one wants to go at the canal scene, I'll likely have a post moving us forward; though I'm reluctant to do so becauuuuse I want to gather clues >:C

Also, Aleja's canal concept is that there would be a material made by either the Glassblowers or an associate that withstands the heat, as all smiths are aware exist. The matter is that Aleja hasn't had a good hard encounter with the body yet, so a morgue scene is in order...maybe I should write this all up. But it would be disingenuous for me to write my own clues, so @Megrim, if you would, give me some facts about the body so I can write the inspection properly.
-Shinji Moon

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

I could do a Maeve post and release another annoying story on the front page XD XD XD

I love that Mae has kinda become the Rita Skeeter of the town hahaha.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe