Young Writers Society

Six SOULs [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 am
BrumalHunter says...

Before I submit my character profile, I just want to know a bit more about the lore here. Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler! :
Asgore and Toriel are Boss Monsters, so they're obviously alive, and if Alphys and Undyne are also alive, it means they must be in early childhood/teens too, if "a long time" passed between the six's arrival and Frisk's. However, Alphys only became the Royal Scientist by "creating an artificial soul" (though really just giving Mettaton a body) long after Gaster's demise. And even then, it took a while before she did her experiments with Determination, thereby creating Flowey and the other amalgams. If that is the case, how is Flowey already present?

Other questions that occurred to me are:
1. Who is the current head of the royal guards?
2. All the teenagers in the original game are children or unborn, and the adults are now teens, so do we need to make up our own monsters?
3. Have Napstablook and Hapstablook appeared yet? I assume their family still controls the snail farm and that they still get regular customers.
4. Do you have replacements in mind for the unavailable main characters?

I apologise for the influx of questions, but I need to know whether the lore has been adapted sufficiently before I can submit my CP and thereby fully commit. I shall follow this no matter what, but if the foundation is too unstable, I may have to pass. That's just the way I write, unfortunately: from nothing or from a solid basis. I hope I don't cause too much inconvenience.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

176 Reviews

Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:52 am
sheysse says...

To sum it up, this SB is a unique story which is in an alternate dimension from the original six souls. However, both timelines merge at the point which undertale begins. So, you can be creative with it since it doesn't have to line up with the true story.

Spoiler! :
The children meet Toriel in the ruins just after she abandons her husband. This is because she is disgusted that he has declared war on humanity. After they convince her to let them leave, they head to Snowdin Town.

In Snowdin, they encounter a young Grillby. Grillby befriends them, but after seeing some character's genocidal acts, decided they threaten his home, and he challenges them to a duel. When they spare him, he realizes he was wrong and let's them go.

They proceed to Waterfall, where they encounter Paws, the fluffy white cat that is lieutenant of the royal guard. And he wants to kill them. They spare him, before heading onward. They encounter Dummy, defeat him, and head to the Blook Family Snail Farm. They leave shortly after.

At the end of Waterfall, they meet Killa, head of the Royal Guard. She fights them because she was ordered to, but she doesn't truly want to. In the end, she cannot kill them because they remind her of her young daughter, Undyne. They are spared.

They head to Hotland, we're they meet Gaster and his apprentice, Alphys. Gaster explains his studies of the time travel and space travel, and how he is creating a machine to do those things. He says it has not worked, but he intends for it to connect to separate points in time. Unaware to him, it has worked, and that was how the group encounter a Flowey. They met him through a rift in time. And accident then occurs in the Core, and Faster is spread throughout time and space. The group leaves.

They go to Judgement Hall, where Gaster uses the last of his energy to make a physical being. He judges them, they fight, and he is defeated. They then go to Asgore, where they are killed.

That's a map of this SB. Hope it helps, and I'm going to paste into the first post.

293 Reviews

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:16 pm
BrumalHunter says...

If it's all right with you, may I spectate anyway? Don't worry, it's not because the lore isn't adapted enough - your spoiler clearly proves otherwise - it's because perhaps, for once, I should just watch a storybook unfold instead of actually participating. I might even learn more that way.

Anyway, thanks for the offer and the explanation! I hope I haven't interrupted your momentum too much. I'll pretend to be Flowey in this regard - you meet me at the start, might see me every now and then afterwards, and then again at the end. *readies digital popcorn and slushie*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

176 Reviews

176 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 pm
sheysse says...

Gonna push to get this thing up and running again? Who wants to post next?

293 Reviews

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:49 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Sheyren wrote:Challenged Adventurer(s): @Sheyren, @Ravenlord, @LittleWriter14, and @SarcasticSlytherin
Storybook: Six SOULs
The Challenge: In your next TWO posts, get your character to Toriel's house. However, you can't do it alone, since your character is with someone else's character. Work together to do it.
Completion Time: (in posts) 2 (for each person)
Credits Awarded: 2 points

The challenge expires in two days, so you have two days left to complete and claim credits for it. Happy holidays!
— Paul the Apostle

176 Reviews

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:44 pm
SarcasticSlytherin says...

I'm so sorry. I've been a bit overwhelmed at school with a bunch of tests and dealing with some makeup work and all. I know it's late, but I should have my part up sometime today.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:04 pm
LittleWriter14 says...

^^^ Me too! Everything kinda happened all at once. I will post as soon as I can. Sorry!

176 Reviews

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:02 pm
RippleGylf says...

Could I join? I'm probably going to finish my first runthrough tomorrow, so hopefully I can dodge getting the ending spoiled until then.
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

176 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:44 pm
sheysse says...

Sure! Make a CT (if you want) replacing one of the Freemans, since they haven't been introduced yet. Make sure their soul is the right color.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:43 pm
RippleGylf says...

Which colors are left?
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

176 Reviews

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne