z

Young Writers Society

Assassination School DT

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:15 pm
AvantCoffee says...

Sorry for posting so much info! This is a progress update.

I'm waiting for more people to join and characters to be made. Once we have about seven characters then we can start.

I've already brainstormed an AMAZING (and by amazing, I mean amazing) plot line for the entire storybook, so that it won't get boring and will stay exciting and entertaining for everyone involved.

The SB will be structured into eight major stages:
Stage 1 - The Announcement
Stage 2 - The Experiment Begins (a.k.a. information station)
Stage 3 - 'The Arts and Crafts Club' Is Formed
Stage 4 - The First Alien Assassination Attack
Stage 5 - The Masquerade Ball
Stage 6 - The Final Alien Assassination Attack (caution: epicness overload)
Stage 7 - The Unexpected Truth Is Revealed
Stage 8 - The Aftermath

I already know what will happen in each stage, but I won't post all of them at once. Instead I'll post them one at a time according to whatever stage we're up to. We can discuss the details of each stage in appropriate time, and I'm more than open to any different ideas or suggestions as to what we might do.

I'm really excited about this storybook and I hope everyone will become as enthusiastic as I am :D

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:26 pm
sheysse says...

Can I name my character "The Person Who's Parents Were Not Creative and Named Him A Complete Sentence, But That Isn't Very Fluent In A Conversation So You Can Just Refer to Him As Liam." ?
Just call him Liam though.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:47 pm
AvantCoffee says...

@Sheyren I strangely find that acceptable. Any comedy is welcome in this storybook.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:25 pm
View Likes
Vellichor says...

I'm looking forward to this :D
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:40 am
AvantCoffee says...

@Sheyren I approved your CP!

@NicolMemo Could you please submit a character profile soon?

In order to speed up the character/joining process, it would be super helpful if those who have already joined could spread the word to other YWSers on this site. The sooner we can get up seven characters, the sooner we can start!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Tiptoe says...

Ahhh I accidentally submitted my character offline :s

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:19 am
AvantCoffee says...

@Tiptoe Was your character Jazmin Alpha? Because it won't let me approve of that character. Try submitting your character online.

Guess what everybody? I did a character count, aaaand...

We have enough characters to start! :D

Prepare for the first stage of this SB to commence! I require everyone to read all the Stage updates that I post in the DT BEFORE they write a post for the actual SB. That way we can all be on the same page with this.

I just want to encourage that any questions or inquiries can be answered here, so don't hold back! Also, there's nothing I like better than people who work in a team and get creative. Feel free to discuss character relationships and future ideas here with others.

I have only two wishes for this Storybook:
1. For it to be a fun experience for everyone involved. :smt023
2. For it to be interesting and includes some serious themes and character struggles.

So, without further ado, I'll begin posting Stage 1 out of 8. I'll also start writing up my first post.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 am
AvantCoffee says...

Stage 1/8 – The Announcement

It is a Friday school morning, and all students and teachers are unexpectedly gathered in the Assembly Hall (see school facilities under ‘The School’ in the first SB post). Nobody knows why there is an entire school assembly today, but no one could have guessed the real reason. Your character will be part of this crowd.

After everyone is gathered in the Hall, the aliens arrive on stage and announce their experiment.
Spoiler! :
"The purpose of the experiment," they explained, "is for us to observe how a human conscience, its morals and values, and an individual's physical and mental capabilities can determine the behaviours of outcomes."

They are also curious about a particular human quality that they themselves do not understand or posses:

Empathy.

(The aliens will also explain how the experiment works and its rules. You can just mention all this happening, as I've already included this in the first SB post).

NOTE: We need to discuss what these aliens look like. If anyone has suggestions leave a comment. I was imagining taller-than-human creatures with slightly blue skin, tiny noses, and no hair. I though they could wear strange robes and maybe helmets? If no one else offers a different description we can just role with this one.

Now, it seems silly that the aliens would only interact with humans for nothing other than an absurd ‘social experiment’, but when someone in the crowd voices this opinion, the aliens respond: “We honestly couldn’t care less what you do on your small, insignificant planet. We are only here to use your biology for scientific purposes.”

Your character is introduced to the story and reacts to the news. Use this scene to communicate your character’s immediate feelings towards the experiment. They might be doubtful about the whole thing, and suspect it to be one huge prank.

The school Principal walks on stage afterwards and declares that all classes for the rest of the day will be cancelled due to this unusual announcement. The assembly is soon brought to a close.

Your character is now free to wander the school and interact with other characters. I wanted to leave a lot of spare time in Stage 1 to allow all the characters to be properly introduced to the story, as well as set up character relationships and a little backstory.

CHALLENGE: Try and reveal something that your character has been struggling with before the assembly announcement (e.g. temperament issues, difficulty belonging, the loss of something important etc.). This will make your character relatable and more realistic, and will leave room for future character development.

What your character does throughout the rest of the day is completely up to you! We need some action to keep things entertaining. Perhaps your character could get into a punch-up with another kid? Or maybe they could get a phone call and discover that they have a terminal illness with only a few months to live? I don’t know, but whatever happens will add to the main SB plot :)

As night draws near on this crazy and eventful day, your character is confronted with even more horrific news:

The first assassination has already been committed by someone. (Perhaps it was your character who did it!) *cue dramatic sound effect*

End of Stage 1.

The next stage (Stage 2) will be posted once each character has posted at least once. Happy writing!

92 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:48 am
AvantCoffee says...

@Sheyren @featherstone9086 I gave your characters pictures for their profiles based on your descriptions of them. If they aren't what you had in mind just send me a PM.

*Update
I just posted in the SB for my first character, Seth. I hope you don't mind that I included Eva, @Vellichor.

The first person to be assassinated in the school will be Jason Davies. If you want to be the one who kills him, go ahead ;)

176 Reviews

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 am
Featherstone says...

Could I be the one to do the first assassination on Davies?

Also, I'm adding more backstory on my character. If you could just read through it and lemme know if it looks good that would be great, @CoffeeCat.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

92 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 pm
AvantCoffee says...

Hi... Is anyone still interested in doing this? I would really love this storybook to be successful, but if no one really wants to write for it then I'll let it go.

Reply if you're still keen, or if you can't do it for one reason or another.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat May 13, 2017 3:25 pm
Featherstone says...

I'd like to do it, but have really unreliable internet right now, so keeping consistent or doing it soon might be difficult or impossible.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

176 Reviews

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat May 13, 2017 4:52 pm
KiraThePotatoChip says...

I'd be willing to get back into it.
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith