Young Writers Society

Dead Poets Society DT

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:33 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Fine with me
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:44 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Filled in Jane's part of the character interactions sheet! PM me or catch me on chatbar if you want to talk about anything I put there.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I'm back! 8D I have my stepbrother's laptop with me, so I can be active through it until mine is fixed. Hopefully he doesn't need it anytime soon.

EDIT: Okay, the spreadsheet is a total stranger to me. Can anyon kindly transfer this data to there? <3
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:48 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

I just wanted to let a ping that I'm starting on my post this weekend and I think I'll have it finished. I'll be sure to show you before posting though, just in case I miss anything because I'm still rather new to SBing :p

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I had better start working on my post."

*visits DPS*

"Oh hey, Kaos just posted a few seconds ago."

On a different note, this line is still easily my favorite in the SB thus far:

Then I turn to the trunks, and am unsure what do do next. I flap my arms. (Nothing happens).
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I can't get myself to write a good description of the school. I don't know how to start. Others' posts are so good. This is depressing.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

Finished Bukowskis profile!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:04 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

If nobody minds, I might make a post soon. Sorry guys.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Bit new at this but one more quick question. What's the appropriate length for posts? Because I just finished my introduction this morning, pasted it in to the forum and realized it was like 1000 words. I know that's not very long, it just seemed long in comparison to the other first posts. I like to be thorough, I was just wondering if the post might be a bit too thorough.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:22 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

1k is fine!

There's no set appropriate length in most storybooks, so anything from 300 words to 24,000 words could fly (and I've seen them fly.)

So no worries.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:15 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Just FYI, it might be a little while before I post because this week and a little of next are insane, but hopefully I'll have some more time soon.
Parlez-vous français?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Hey guys I know this already started but is there anyway I can still jump in? This project looks really interesting.

I would not be able to use the character interaction chart due to being locked out of Google in general (long story), but I can use everything here on YWS.

If I still CAN join, could I request T.S. Eliot or Matsuo Bashou? (Or maybe even both, since I can't decide. T.S. Eliot would be reincarnated as a girl, and Bashou would be a foreign exchange student, heh. Both seem interesting to me and I don't know which way to go.)

Also could someone explain the 1st year/2nd year/3rd year system to me?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:08 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

DPS Summary of Events So Far as of 11/16!

The gates of the academy open as students from all walks of life unpack and settle in their dorms. First years enter campus for the first time, as Homer rings a bell calling for the first years to assemble to the auditorium. Jack Kerouac is among the first at the gate and Pablo Neruda rushing across oceans, continents and taxi fare, just in time to drop his trunk inside his dorm, is among the last.

Walt Whitman climbs a tree to get a good view of his surroundings; he sees as of yet unnamed second year students (upforgrabs!) daring each other to dunk themselves into the cold fountains, he spots Oscar Wilde who is flabbergasted at not having any valets or handlers. Wilde has to unpack his multiple baggages and trunks and frets about in his room believing he is working too hard. Walt also runs into Elizabeth Browning, fellow 3rd year accidentally dropping leaves into her hair. Elizabeth waves goodbye to him and finds out from Professor Tolkein that she will be rooming with TWO people this year: Sylvia Plath a second year and Emma Lazarus, the first year who waits in the dorm and is eager to make a good impression and who Elizabeth finds is like a little sister to her.

ee Cummings meanwhile is in his third year and wakes up from an unfortunate duck dream. He finds a real duck below the window of his dorm, shoos it away and tries to get himself intentionally sick so that he might play hookie later (while having breakfast at the same time) by eating the bread off the ground that attracted the ducks. ee then catches up with first year Jack Kerouac and fast friends, the two share a smoke on the way to the auditorium.

Lastly we catch up with Ernest Hemingway, back for his 3rd year and feeling midly irritated for all the shenanigans he has had to put up with over the years. He cleans up after his roommate Walt whitman and the piles of leaves scattered about and hears from Whitman himself about a POKER GAME organized by Oscar Wilde. The two of them make their way to the auditorium as well to socialize with the new students.

The Gripping Questions Plaguing Our Curiosities

How did Oscar Wilde organize a poker game so fast upon arriving?

How will Elizabeth and her newfound sisterlike roomie Emma react to Sylvia's arrival?

Will ee get his sick-wish granted?

HOW will Kerouac and Pablo adjust to dynamics at the school?

Will Hemingway pent up even more of his frustrations as the year commences?

And how DID Walt learn of Wilde's party so quickly?

And for the love of all things poetry, WHAT awaits the first years in the auditorium that is SO interesting even 3rd years gather to watch? Dun dun dun.

Tune in next time for future posts!

(Let me know if I missed anything from the summary or if anyone has more plaguing questions c:)

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:33 pm
Audy says...

@EloquentDragon I am fine with it. Joiiiiin us c: it's still early. Let us know once you decide on a character and feel free to start your CT.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:28 pm
Rook says...

I'm still trying to understand things like atmosphere, personality and how to storybook, so I haven't really started my post yet. I've never really SB'd before tbh.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin