z

Young Writers Society

A New Age DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:14 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I'm glad you asked @LadyEvvy because I was honestly just thinking about that. The academy is known for its freedom in personal studies so there wouldn't be a lot of coordinating assigned schedules. It's essentially like college. I like the idea of a mandatory class, but I feel it wouldn't be math because there are varieties of very skilled students at this school and it would be hard to shove them all into one math class. If you have other suggestions I would love to hear them!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

15 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:15 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

@Oswin1800 Yes please join! If you can I would prefer a male since we aren't very even as of now, but just let me know!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:24 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

@HazelGrace16, Alright, that clears things up a bit!
I was only using math as an example for a mandatory course, and I can see how that wouldn't fit with the rest of the system. The choose-your-own-class system pretty much leaves people to make up whatever classes they want their characters to take. That might be a little disorganized, but it could work if people coordinate in the DT ahead of time. If someone comes up with an idea for a certain class, they could simply introduce it to the group, and whoever wants to hop on board can do so. It'll definitely take a bit of development though.
It's your SB, though, so I don't want to take the controls out of your hands! Whatever you decide on, let us know!

15 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:29 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I'll think up a system in the next couple of days and run it by you guys!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:27 am
View Likes
Craz says...

Actually, mandatory classes are pretty ordinary in college. Of course, it wouldn't be one giant math class with every student in it. Usually you have the choice of picking certain maths for certain semesters, and multiple teachers teaching the same course. For simplicity reasons, we all would take the same math and teacher. Math just being an example of a mandatory class we'd take.

I was also talking to @TheFantasy14 about the possibility of having all of the characters on the same dorm floor with two to a room, so we can all do that too.~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

15 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:53 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I'm not sure if everyone has started looking at other people's CPs yet, but I recently updated Arden if you haven't already seen her.

15 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:54 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Also the class list should be done by tomorrow night!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:10 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

I updated my character a lot more, so if you want to check that out, its there. Also, with the dorms, how would we separate them? At the current moment there are more girls than boys, and the boys we do have are an odd number.
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Some people could have a co-ed dorm.

77 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:49 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Yeah I think mixed dorms are fine.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

15 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:50 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Yeah one side of the hallway compared to another. That's how my brothers dorms are haha

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:40 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Also, when will this SB start?
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

15 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:29 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

@KiraThePotatoChip Hopefully we'll start in the next couple of days.

@Craz also mentioned creating a pad for character interaction maps. Essentially you write the names of the characters and your characters relationship to them. You will also choose your characters status there (transfer student, new student, or previous student for x number of years)

By the way here is the schedule choices. I tried to keep it pretty simple to not over complicate things. Put it in your CP after you've made your choices.

Scheduling choices:

Math:
Path 1: Advanced Mathematics: (Aspects of Statistics, Caluclus, Trig, and finite)
Path 2: Regular mathematics: (Aspects of basic math needed for basic lifestyles)

Science:
Path 1: (Aspects of Biology, Environmental, Anatomy, Bio-med)
Path 2: (Aspects of Physics, Technology, Astrology, Chemistry)

Foreign Language:
Path 1: Advanced: (Previous knowledge of at least 2 major world languages apart from your native language. Choices for major: English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Hindi and Russian. Plus the continuation in basic studies of lesser world languages: Japanese, Arabic, Italian, German, Korean, ASL, etc.)
Path 2: Basic Language: (No previous knowledge. Studies of major languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, French, and Hindi)

English:
Path 1: Language and Composition: (Aspects of nonfiction interpretation, essay writing, and modern news)
Path 2: Literature: (Aspects of historical fiction studies and interpretation, creative and essay writing, Latin, and reading comprehension)

Health and Fitness:
1 class with many options

2 chosen electives:
(You can choose these based on your personal field. These are meant to be more hands on classes)
Examples include: architecture, computer sciences, flight classes, advanced physical training, political science, marketing, etc.

Mandatory everyone class: Societal studies- essentially it's a social studies type class where students from different aspects of the schools community will come together to preform projects and other connections.

**Just choose which ones you want according to your characters personality and skill sets

@TheFantasy14 @Chaser @KiraThePotatoChip @Craz @LadyEvvy @Savvy @Oswin1800

77 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 am
View Likes
Craz says...

If you choose Path 1, is it that you take everything in Path 1? Or do we pick which classes from each list?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:01 am
JustJasper says...

Can I make up an elective for police officers? I put the details in my CP let me know if this is okay.

Edit: For advanced language classes the student has taken the language before and is continuing. Like Spanish 4 or something? I was a little confused.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree