Young Writers Society

Be Careful DT

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:37 am
Steggy says...

Hallo!

Ask questions/request characters/ or simply chat about this storybook! I'm very excited to do something like this. :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 am
View Likes
Que says...

First off, this sounds fun and I'll probasbly join if you'll let me! Second, if I may ask some questions, how old are all the children now? Are they still around or have they moved back? Do they know about those letters at all?
Parlez-vous français?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:41 am
Steggy says...

Of course you can join! ^-^

The ages for the children ranges from seven to eleven years old. No, the children haven't been seen since the time they started disappearing. Many people think they died in the woods. The children, before disappearing, would read the letters but thought it was prank or something stupid (much like how their parents thought).
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:52 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Calling dibs on a baker (f). Hit me up if you want to fam up.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:23 pm
View Likes
yakitsa says...

I can simply be anyone? Do I need to keep anything in mind (other than the background you've provided) while designing my character? Sorry, I'm new to storybooks. Congratulations on an ingenious idea, though.
Life imitates art.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:07 pm
Steggy says...

@yakitsa - you can be anyone or anything that is limited within the storybook. The possibilities are endless! The one thing that I think you should keep in mind is the character should be human. Besides that, as I mentioned, the possibilities are endless for this storybook!
I also welcome you to the storybook realm. ^-^

I'm planning on being a retired teacher that worked with some of the students who disappeared.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:49 am
View Likes
yakitsa says...

I think I'll be an outsider who is visiting the town to stay with some relations for a while- a rehab from their lawless city life.
Life imitates art.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 am
Steggy says...

Hey guys, I'm making my character but I'd like to start this storybook sometimes next week. If we need more time, then that's understandable.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Profile will be in today for the background baker.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:22 pm
View Likes
Transport222 says...

Hi! this idea sounds so good! Could I be one of the teenages left behind when the town was almost abandoned. Is 'Josh' an okay name? I think this could be great fun!
This account supports LGBTQ+ rights

900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important.
-The Doctor

10 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm
Transport222 says...

Wait, sorry, what are the story book rules. It's 16+ so I'm guessing that gore/swearing/sex are okay?

-The Doctor

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:02 pm
Steggy says...

Swearing is fine, just don't over do it. Though, gore/sex is a big no no in this storybook. Also, that's fine if you want to be a kids left behind. ^^ I think that could add some sort of different point of view.

I'll most likely have my character template done this week. I just been a bit busy with school and life, in general.

10 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:49 pm
Transport222 says...

That's good. I don't really do writing about 'sex' and all that stuff. It's not my style. Thanks i was just woundering what kind of story book this was going to be and I'm so glad that you put that out there because I think that too much of that stuff really kills a good story sometimes. Thanks and I can't wait!

-The Doctor

10 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 pm
Transport222 says...

So when do we start?

-The Doctor

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:17 am
Steggy says...

When everyone had their ct's in, though, I'm hoping to get this started by next week.

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer