z

Young Writers Society

Reapers DT

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:08 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Questions, comments, concerns? Speak away, my fellow Reapers. ;)
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:13 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

666 famalam. May I join?
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

77 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:18 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Of course! Welcome~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I already said I joined on @Craz's wall, but I thought I should post that here as well! ^_^ Also, 666.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

666 my buddy my pal
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I submitted my character! Please tell me if I need to change anything. ^_^ I'm so excited for this storybook to kick off. :D
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:40 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Oh! I forgot to mention that this will be located in some major city. I'm thinking San Francisco, NYC, maybe London... which city would ya'll like?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I don't really care which one. ^_^
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

My profile will be in by the end of the week, as well as some more info about the Grim.~

54 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:37 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

same.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:22 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Hello all. I have added my character to the roster.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:53 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Will we have a jump off point before we begin posting?

77 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:30 am
View Likes
Craz says...

I'm waiting on the majority of the profiles to be in, and then I'll kick off the first post. I was thinking that there might be a particular monster going around that would kickstart some interaction between characters more quickly (ideas are always welcome!). Speaking of that, it's possible that all of the characters are on some level of familiarity with one another, since they all work in the same department. It might be as little as seeing their face a few times or as often as having a long history with one another.

77 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:01 am
View Likes
Craz says...

The Monsters

As a reaper, you're paid by the case and by the monster. The bigger the case, or the bigger the monster, the bigger the reward. As cases are usually more time consuming, some reapers only hunt monsters. But as hunting can be extremely dangerous, other reapers focus on releasing ghosts from their ties to the earth. However if you don't hunt or solve ghost cases at all your paycheck will look rather bare. To avoid faking killing a monster or purging a ghost, you have to report to the DDS and have a representative from the office confirm it and give it his or her signature of approval of the case first before you actually get anything done, and again after the case is solved. So, happy reaping on that note!

The monsters (also called demons) that you will encounter in the Grim were once the confused and forlorn ghosts that you interact with on the daily, except their ties to the earth have been unresolved for so long that their ghostly selves had manifested into something rabid. These demons, when left to their own devices, grow and grow and are known for sucking upon the life force of the living, and a big part of their severity is a result of the seriousness of the ghost's ties and emotional baggage. All of them are solid black with the occasional white markings with a very wide variety of different physiques, and their weak or "killing" spot is a patch of white that roughly resembles an eye that can be anywhere on its body. For simplicity reasons, the DDS has organized them into categories.

Type 1

These are the harmless guys. They can't do much except for ruin your mood a little bit, and are mostly found scurrying about the Grim like rats, and they are about the size of a corgi. Rarely are they the kind to generate into something severe given the time and mostly they never move to another stage. These will get you a few bucks at most.

Type 2

These are the kinds that are more prone to minor possessions, usually hanging over the shoulder or trailing behind the life force they're sucking off of. They're pesky and tricky to catch mostly because they're fast and slippery and they are about the size of large dogs. They're worth a bit more, mostly because ghosts who turn into these will progress into a bigger problem later, and no one likes to be possessed. These are one of the most common types of monsters that reapers will hunt.

Type 3

These are where your reaping will be the most, as killing one will get you paid relatively well and catching them is easier than the higher types. Type 3 monsters are almost always possessing someone, and unlike a Type 2 monster they can control the body if their victim is vulnerable enough to them, which given time will happen. These types aim to kill their victims through suicide because in the moment between life and death the monster can devour the victim's life energy before it has a chance to become a ghost. Type 3 monsters are the size of a baby deer.

Type 4

These are the kinds that like to haunt specific buildings, areas, and objects that they had been connected to as a ghost. They're the typical terror, with the ability to make contact with objects in the real world and throw them, scratch them, etc. They can fully possess people but only for brief moments, and are usually as big as a bear. Kill one of these, and you could have dinner for a month.

Type 5

Type 5 monsters are very dangerous. They possess their victims subtly and integrate themselves into the person's mind so it is very difficult to remove it from its victim, and often times it is hard to see the demon as it hides in the person's shadow. This type slowly takes control of its victim's mind and compels him or her into madness, and sometimes if it hasn't been removed yet it convinces the person to kill others. It will feed off of the person and the person's own victims until he or she eventually dies from the prolonged exposure to the demon. Get one of these human sized demons killed and you can finally get that new surround sound you've been eyeing for a while.

Type 6

These are never to be attempted alone or without the DDS's approval, and are simply foolhardy to try to kill. They are composed of not one ghost, but of many who have turned into their monstrous selves and have morphed into one large, festering demon, progressing so instantly that they don't even remain in their ghostly stage for more than a minute. Most often they appear after a substantial amount of deaths in the same place in the same time frame, manifesting along with any major tragedy. The smallest ones could be about the size of a one story building, the bigger ones larger than a skyscraper.

Luckily the latter type 6 are only visible when you're high up and they mind their business unless provoked, collectively sucking upon the life force of an entire city from the clouds. The DDS, in fear of the amount of lives that will be lost and the damage caused, purposefully leave the bigger ones alone. The department has veterans monitor their movements but nothing more than that since the damage that they cause normally do not result in anything more than making everyone more depressed, since it is sucking on the life of a large population and not an individual. The smaller ones on the ground floor, however, are cause for much more immediate concern. They can pluck a human's soul out of its body and eat it like it's a tic tac.

Keep in mind that hunting is grueling, back-breaking work. Its hard to make a living off of killing demons, and constantly having to keep yourself and the oblivious pedestrians alive when in the grind of battle is even harder. Casualties happen all of the time.

Also, I kind of like the idea of San Francisco. What do you all think?

54 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:50 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

You should totes put this in the main page of the SB. Also San Fran sounds good to me.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling