Young Writers Society

The Ghosts of Wildegate DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello, everyone! This is where we can post our questions, concerns, and ideas for this storybook. Please subscribe to both this and the actual storybook so you will be kept up to date! ^_^ Also, please like all of the posts you read. That way we all know who has read what.

Because of the nature of this storybook, it's important to know the rules of the universes each of the characters come from. Here are the characters and how their worlds work:

Jane's (@Kelpies):

Spoiler! :
Ghosts can tie their "life" force to objects in order to inhabit that object. This can either serve as a jail for the spirit or a tool they can use for their own ends.

Some spirits (usually ones of great age) can get a kind of ghost-y Alzheimer's. They forget what they are leaving only undirected energy which can run rampant and murder people. Jane specializes in adhering fading ghosts to objects so that their spirit does not wreak havoc after they've departed.

Schadel's (@Mage):

Spoiler! :
Ghosts are pretty much normal people. They look exactly as they did when they died, including any injuries they may have suffered, such as wounds or burns. You become a ghost for two reasons: either you have some strong emotion tying you to Earth, or a grim reaper fails to collect your soul in time. For example, Claire's terror and (later on), regret kept her on Earth, while Edward's soul wasn't collected.

Ghosts normally can't touch actual people. They can only touch objects, such as clothing. The two exceptions to this rule are Liz and grim reapers like Schadel. Anyone with some form of magic can see ghosts (this rule was created simply for the sake of roleplays ^_^) and hear them. The only problem is that they look like any other person, save for their death injuries (if they're visible).

Ghosts don't actually possess any powers. They can interact with things the same way as they did when they were alive (such as eating, sleeping, and driving). If a ghost wanted to knock something over, they would have to run over and apply the same amount of force to it.

In regards to grim reapers, they collect souls and bring them them to their higher ups. For someone like Schadel, the location these souls are brought to is unknown. Grim reapers are essentially like ghosts - only ghosts, other grim reapers, and humans like Liz can see them.
Last edited by Mageheart on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

176 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:10 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I have question.

What exactly is the storyline of this SB. I understand that they are in a notorious haunted house, but how is that going to translate to a story? "They walk in, get scared, and then leave" is all I can think of.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's for the participants to decide. ^_^ I've given everyone a starting point. We all go from there together.
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:08 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Hi! I'm here. Also I brought Jane, so be prepared for major geek-outs.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, @Kelpies! Welcome to Wildegate! I don't think I've gotten to meet Jane before, but she already sounds like a pretty interesting character! :D
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:49 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Question--I might be bringing an angel and a demon, but in their human forms as monster hunters. Is that alright with ya'll?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's fine with me! I've brought Schadel in her human form, so I'm really open to what people want to include.

Also, even though this is called The Ghosts of Wildegate, it doesn't just have to be about ghosts! If anyone wants to include anything else that goes bump in the night, I'd definitely be up for it! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Camiel Cameron Johnson and Adriel Adrian Parker have both been approved! ^_^ I'm really interested to see what everyone has in store for their characters.
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

383 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

so when are we starting?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Once we get a couple of more participants. Which should hopefully be soon; besides advertising it on my wall, there should be a short blurb about it in the Shameless Plugs section of this week's Squills.
mage

queer and here.

383 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:24 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

i shall aggressively advertise

383 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:34 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

i took the welcome to nightvale route of advertising

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath