Young Writers Society

The Boy Next Door DT

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:52 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay, I don't know why I didn't get any notifications about this until today. Strange. Anyway, my mom's here this weekend so it may be a couple days before I can work on mine.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:24 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Sevro your post was A+wesome. I'll start working on posts for Annie and Hoerz when I get the chance.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Quick question: do you guys have more than one captain per team? Over here in Europe we only have one captain (in amateur teams it's either the best player or the most popular person, and in pro teams it's the best leader lol). There's a vice captain, but they only serve a role when the captain is unable to play.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Persistence

-->> Where I live, high school soccer teams conventionally have two or three captains. Sometimes even four. How they are chosen is up to the coach. Bell and Jax were co-captains, and from what Sevro wrote in her post, Brad was a captain as well. If you wouldn't like Brad to be a captain (since he's your character and you have full ownership), you should talk to Sevro so she can change her post. Seeing that you haven't talked to her about it prior to her posting, that is.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:56 pm
Persistence says...

Wow, four captains! How many do you have on your team?

Nope. We didn't discuss her post. It doesn't make much of a difference if he's captain or not, so that's why I didn't say anything earlier.

I already have an idea for a post. But I need to ask if you have anything planned about the whole shooting thing. If so, pm me and I'll build up to it. (Without getting into it and spoiling what you have planned)

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:03 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

I don't have anything planned in advance aside from what was in the opening post. I'd say that since the central point of the SB is to create the past, you can go ahead and put your plans into effect. Thank you for checking with me, though. It's good to be considerate of other members, especially since Sevro and Nite might have something they're thinking of doing plot-wise, too! The good thing is that we can always edit posts after the fact if needed.

We have three co-captains on our soccer team, and thirteen players total, if I'm not mistaken (though we're the smallest school in our county, so that might not be an accurate representation of high schools in general.)

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Yes. Of course the same goes for nite and sevro. Let me know if you have any plans, or if there is anything you'd like me to include in my post.

But you're the coolest (;

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:33 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

In my post, Jax was sort of saying that he would be the only captain now, and that he thinks it would be difficult without someone to help him, a co-captain, someone to fill Bell's role. He was hinting that he would've asked the coach if Brad could be a co-captain with him, just to help him out with the leadership stuff now that Bell is gone. But the other interpretations are good, too so @Persistence, you can choose whatever you want.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:51 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Oh I didn't see it that way. That was really nice of Jax, though. It's hard when people aren't in your life anymore, and he tried to find someone to fill the void.

I'll probably have a post this weekend, most likely addressed to Jax.

Oh and I hope it's okay if I tell anything about Nick Bell and develop that plotline more.

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

definitely develop that plotline more. in fact, I'd advise you to do so.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay sorry for being so late about my post! I've been bogged down with life stuff.

Is it bad that I'm still not sure what direction I want to go with Hailey? Like will she continue believing that he's innocent, or will she remember things that make her suspicious that he did do this? It could go either way at this point.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

112 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:37 pm
passenger says...

@niteowl I love it! and it's 100% okay that you're not sure exactly what you're gonna decide. I think we're all still figuring out our characters at this point, so you're good. :)

I'll post for both Annie and Hoerz tonight!

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm
passenger says...

I've been trying to space things out in TBND, mostly because of how busy life is for everybody this time of year. but for the sake of planning, who wants to go next?

disclaimer: committing to going next doesn't mean you have to rush to get it done. I just really want to keep this going!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:37 am
View Likes
Sevro says...

I know you posted that for me, I'll start my Jax post soon I promise ;-;
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

112 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Sevro awesome. I'm excited to see it.

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26