Reviews: 112
Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:27 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Do I have time for this?
Lol of course I don't.

Am I doing it anyway?
Most definitely.

Please join me on my taxing quest and simultaneous struggle through both torturous schoolwork and the world of storybooks. :)
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:29 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

I'm interested in this, as maybe bell's girlfriend. (well obviously now that's not the case since he is dead, but yeah) I was wondering if since we're writing a letter, wouldn't you have to use personal pronouns? I mean, you're talking about your experiences and stuff. I guess I haven't written in second person to understand it enough. I understand that in second person you are talking to someone outside of the story directly, but are you allowed to use personal pronouns? please excuse if this is a stupid question, cause I feel like it is xD
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

112 Reviews

Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:43 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Lylas -->> It's not a stupid question! Basically, by second person, I mean that your character will be addressing another person in the "you" form. So, if you were talking to a girl named Susan about an event that happened, you might say, "you and I were about to board the school bus" (whereas if you were talking in first person, you might say, "Susan and I were about to board the school bus."). Of course, your character can also talk to the person he/she is addressing directly (e.g. "don't you think that's ironic that we were about to board the school bus?")

Not that boarding the school bus is a very interesting example, but hopefully that answers your question :)
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:24 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay I've been thinking about this all day and I have a character idea. She's a fellow teenager and former friend (maybe more? Not sure yet) of Bell's. Her family has since moved from the area but she comes back (in a somewhat dramatic fashion) out of some sort of devotion to him. I haven't decided whether she thinks he's innocent and wants to defend him, or knows he's guilty and doesn't care.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

112 Reviews

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:36 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Ooh, that sounds like a great idea.

I've also been thinking about it all day, & I think I might write from the POV of one of Bell's teachers. One of the ones who got injured, maybe.

I'm just now realizing that there are so many directions to take this in. I'm so excited.

I'll probably have my CP up by tomorrow.

112 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:30 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

My CP is up.

Please try to get your profiles up by the end of the week (Saturday night)! If you can't due to extenuating circumstances, just let me know!

Also, we need more people to joiiiin. Definitely spread the word so that we can get more people involved. :)

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

Gah you win, I'm joining. In all my spare time.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

112 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:39 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

yay!

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:17 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

I just realized I'm waaaay too busy to participate, sorry! Hope the best for this SB though :-)
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

112 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:32 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

I believe the only person who's expressed interest in joining but hasn't yet submitted a CP is @niteowl. No rush, Nite, but it would be awesome if you could give an update on how close you are to being done / how much more time you'll need.

If it's okay with everybody, I'm gonna put up my first post to set the stage format-wise. It isn't very long and doesn't include any of the other characters. It's more of an intro / example than anything. I think it would be helpful (though not completely necessary) if every character had an intro post which indicates who they're writing to and why.

I'm exhausted so hopefully I'm making sense ;-;

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:04 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Sorry about that! I'm going through some life stuff right now so I was on the fence about even joining the SB. But I think I will go ahead and join. My profile should be up soon.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

@Savvy I'll be able to do my post this weekend at the earliest. I hope that's okay. I don't have wifi at my place yet, so it's a bit harder to write.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

112 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:54 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@niteowl -->> Your profile looks great. And I totally understand about life getting in the way, and though I greatly value your participation I would understand if you end up having to take a hiatus from the SB.

@Persistence -->> No problem. Just get it up when you can.

112 Reviews

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:40 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

ahh, nice post, Persi. I love Brad already. :)

-->> who wants next-ups?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:09 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

I'll try to write my post over the weekend.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight