z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students DT

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hiya @Remington38, it looks like our characters may be hanging out a bit in the future. Can you give me any advice on how Medora is likely to act/react towards Robert? It'd help me to get her right when including her in posts.

The way Robert is going to act around her is friendly but slightly catty.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:06 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora has walls built up and is lately having them broken down, so she is very uncertain about just about anything. If you really look at it Robert and Godric are all she has right now, because Draco was her everything and she is afraid to put herself into a relationship like that again. Now that she is around a different crowd you will see the non-Slytherin side of her. She is kind of a dork, she loves muggle books, and is really OCD.

@SirenCymbaline could you elaborate a little more on catty. I just really want to make sure I get Robert right :)
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:51 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

If your character comes in contact with Rain during the full moon remember that she will look awful and be sick and tired. Teachers excluding Snape will be nicer to her and she will be able to notice small things due to her heightened senses.
She also has scars all over her arms and a few on her legs. She wears long clothes to cover these but if she ever took off her jacket everyone would see them.

Just for your information.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:42 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Remington38 He's not going to admit this outright, but he may imply that he's jealous of Medora and Godric's relationship by acting like romance is overrated.
He may also act somewhat competitive and overconfident.
He may also act like he's hard to impress sometimes just to look 'cool.'

If Draco Malfoy ever comes up as a subject, Robert thinks that Malfoy is a useless boastful loudmouth, and being a halfblood himself, dislikes his pureblood supremacist views.

As for his friendlier side, he intends to befriend Medora for Godric's sake at first, but he may come to like her as a person in time.
He will probably act only casually interested, but inwardly think it's cool that she reads muggle books.
If you bring up owls in conversation, he'll be over the moon. He can just go on about how his owl, Pip is the most gorgeous fluffly owl baby in the wooooorld for longer than most people would really care to hear about it.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

59 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:34 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I'm planning for something interesting to happen when Robert has to face the Boggart in Defense Against the Dark Arts, but I want to just develop his relationships with the other characters for a bit longer first, so if you guys have any ideas for hijinks to make him miss the Thursday afternoon DADA class, that would be really cool.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:37 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey @SirenCymbaline , this is a greats sb you got going. I know this is a long shot, but would you perhaps let me join? I have a character all planned out in my head already. I anxiously await your verdict.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

@LordZeus it's actually my Sb. But you can joint. Just make a character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:55 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

It may also be useful if we decide when notable things such as werewolves will be taught.
It may also be good if there is something to unite our characters so that more of them can interact. Perhaps a club or a study group? That way none of our character would feel isolated.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:29 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I like the club or study group idea, we need something to get these characters together.

Reviews: 2
Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Yeah I like that idea because I was trying to think of ways to make my character more a part of the group. Just so you guys know I'm not going to post for my first year character very often.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:57 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Incredibly sorry @Nike!!!! I don't know why I thought siren had this SB. I've just come back from three week's hiatus so I guess I'm a bit confused :P

I'll get up a CP as soon as I can.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:03 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Mind if I join this storybook?
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:02 am
View Likes
Nike says...

@KiraThePotatoChip go ahead and join
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:46 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

I hope it's ok with everyone what's I did. I know we were talking about doing some sort of group study things or something like that to get all of our charactors to mingle. I didn't include anyone's names in case they didn't want to partake. I can totally change it if anyone wants me to though.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:50 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Any idea what day/time the study group should meet? I'm thinking it would be cool if we could make it multiple times a week, not just one day.

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres