z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students DT

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey guys, posted. Sorry for the really long hiatus, but life got in the way. I'm back now. I hope we can get this going again, we really something special going on. I hope the post was okay, it's been a long time since I've written.

Tagging everyone so everyone knows I'm back:
@Nike @ty7lucky @Remembrance @SirenCymbaline @Oswin1800 @Remington38 @KiraThePotatoChip

P.S. Also, new pages on both the dt and the sb at the same time with my comments.Lucky, huh?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

And I've done my post. Sorry I completely left out the Quidditch game, I don't have a copy of the Prisoner of Azkaban at the moment to refer to on how that game went and I had no ideas for it anyway.
I'm sure you guys can come up with something for it, if you want to.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

39 Reviews

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:51 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Given my character is in the game @SirenCymbaline, I could write on that. Or maybe @ty7lucky?

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:59 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Maybe we can both write some of it. But we should try to go off of the book as much as possible.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

39 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:53 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Okay. I have a copy of it somewhere @ty7lucky, I'll try to dig around for it and get back to you on that.

Also, haven't heard much from @Nike in a while. Have you guys heard anything from her on here recently?

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 am
View Likes
Nike says...

SORRY GUYS! I will post tomorrow promise!! I've been working hella
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:21 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Okay so Rain is going to visit Clara in the hospital wing in my post. She'll probably run in there a little frantic but be happy when they are both okay. So if someone posts before i get the chance. She is going to be there then the library to react to the werewolf essay.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

39 Reviews

Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey guys. Sorry for the long pause...again. I know I seem to be doing this a lot lately but it's a busy time. Tis one's just a continuation from the last scene with Clara that I had unfortunately not given my part to conclude. I promise to mention more characters in my next post.

@Nike please tell me if you want me to change anything.

@Midnightmoon nice new character! Sorry I didn't mention her this time, but I had a few queries about your last post that I wanted you to please clarify before I did. I'll definitely mention her in my next post.

First, you said she knew an animagus when she saw one, but I don't understand what that means. If you could, please explain a little about she would recognize such a thing. Also, Luke keeps his relationship to the Malfoys quiet, as much as he can, and neither is Malfoy overly keen to share his relation to the one he perceives as a "Gryffindor Blood traitor", so I don't quite get how she would know.

If you could explain little on that as well, I'd be grateful. Also, Luke's dark mark is his greatest secret. Only his parents know it, and they tell no-one, for fear of expulsion or even imprisonment as those who display the dark mark often receive. I'm afraid it would not be possible for Lena to know of this yet given its level of secrecy.

In any case, I think our characters will certainly have an interesting relationship in the future, and I look forward to working with you. Welcome to the team!

P.S. @Midightmoon just thought I'd tell you, Gryffindor is playing Hufflepuff, not Slytherin. Tis is because in the book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, the match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff is first.

59 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 1:08 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I don't think Hermione would still be following Luke around. It's been ages and ages since they were dating, by now she'd be over it. Also, I don't think she would try to sabotage somebody elses' relationship, no matter how salty she is.

And seeing as it's obvious that Luke is going to end up with Clara anyway, I really see no point in this love triangle.
All it does is give Luke and Clara an excuse to hesitate pursuing each other, for a reason that has nothing to do with their personalities, just an outside force.
I don't see why they shouldn't just get together already.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun May 21, 2017 3:24 am
View Likes
Nike says...

@SirenCymbaline You're being a bit rude, don't you think? You basically God-Modded Hermione. She may be perfect and strong and amazing, but she still has feelings. Like, yes, Hermione would not be the one to be hung over a guy for that long... wait, she was hung up on Ron for that long.

I understand where you're coming from though. She is a strong woman that would not wait around for a guy especially her ex. And she would not sabotage a relationship. But she does have feelings. Remember in HBP when she was pretty 'salty' about Lavender? Sure she didn't do anything to ruin them, but she wasn't all too happy. As well as when he was in the Hospital Wing she owned him in front of Lavender.

In this SB Hermione will not be doing anything 'salty'. We are not trying to form a love traingle to delay the relationship. Clara and Hermione have been best friends and Luke used to date her, this makes this hard for them. Sure, Hermione may be over Luke. That doesn't mean that they can just jump into a relationship! That's their person, Hermione means a lot to the both of them. They are scared. She may not be hurt if they date, she might not care. But they know better, she's still a person and still has feelings and they are worried she'd be hurt.

@LordZeus PERFECT POST cannot wait to see more of Luke and Clara.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

59 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 3:44 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I admit that I did make an error in thinking that Hermione should be %100 over it after only one year. I just thought that Hermione would be more likely to still be annoyed at Luke but try to avoid him than she would be to follow him around all the time, and I thought making sure Clara would find out about the dragon thing was an attempt at sabotage.

But the part with Luke and Clara being hesitant to pursue each other because of it makes sense, the only alternative would be for them to forget about it absurdly quickly, and that wouldn't make sense.
I'm interested in seeing how the relationship will play out in the long term.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

@LordZeus.

So Sorry! I had a lot going on that day. I'll do my best to answer your questions. First; Lena can tell when someone else is an animagus because on some people have animal characteristics. However, she saw Luke turn into his animal form. Second; She's just assuming that Luke has the dark mark. She knows they are related because she overheard her parents talking about an unknown relative. She did some snooping. I'll try to be a little more clearer in the future and not post when I have a lot going on. :).

39 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Thanks @Midnightmoon that explains how she knows about the relation. As for the animagus, Luke takes great care to hide and repress it so it isn't visible. This is because there are other animaguses in the school.

Also he transformed when he was out over the woods not during the game, and he wouldve noticed a follower from the air, so as far as I can see the only way she would have seen would be if she was in the woods at the time, possibly with Harris who saw the dragon. I dont mind that, but I'd like if we could clarify. Maybe she could be even been in animagus form at the time.

As to the dark mark, it's a weird thing to assume of someone, given the illegalization. Do you mind clarifying as to why she would think that of him?

Thanks for all the explanation you've given so far, it was helpful. And sorry for bothering you with all my questions!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue May 23, 2017 5:39 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

It's fine! I just need to work on my writing. :). It's fine that she was in animagus form when she saw Luke. Lena is just confused. if you want, I'll take that part out. It's something I need to work on. She just knows that all the other malfoys have one, including her, ((She actually has two)) so she's assuming every single malfoy/malfoy relation has one. I can take it out if you want and change it to where she just knows their related. :)

39 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 5:46 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Midnightmoon if you could do that, that would be great. I hope you don't feel like I'm pressuring you, I was just to figure out how these would work. But I think that would be easier to work with, if it's not too much trouble. I have no problem with her finding out about these things later on though, given how much they have in common. It'll be interesting to see how they interact.

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100