z

Young Writers Society

Pokébook: Hoenn [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:07 pm
Lumi says...

One edit I would make to your post is the dusk ball--we're twenty years in the past, and Bloo and I agreed that Pokeballs are commonly either unused or made of apricorns (a la Johto games). You'll notice in Toby's free time that he's consistently working on prototypes for a sure-fire humane Pokeball that's comfortable, safe, and reliable, which is a running theme through Pokebooks.

I think in Europe, we had the team leader working with our Smart Guy to develop the PokeNet, which was the real-life version of the PC System in the games. That spilled over a bit into America.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 pm
Lumi says...

I called in a favor from the Pentagon and had the OP morphed into Bloo's image, which is rightfully so since he's the Obadiah and all. I know that's wrong but autocorrect made it funny and I don't feel like correcting it.

Cheeb and I will still have the ability to manage the SB data, but post management is now up to individuals since I retired for a bit from staff this morning.

Also, this episode will contain us finding the Purple Wurmple, and then having a face-off with the poacher (probably not a pokemon battle, I feel) to determine its fate. So if someone is keen on having a Purmple, let us know.
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 pm
Bloo says...

First off, odd if pleasant surprise to find? (In ref to thread change)

As a sidenote: Toby's research in "Capsule Tech" as he calls it, is through BLORP, but a personal research grant for himself, provided by a branch of Silph Co. Along with being his only source of income, due to BLORP: Re-Birch being an unpaid "workplace experience". So to say, if Mint or MIa try and get into his store of berry powders...they should be warned.

Also, feel free to add in some independent research work your character does, to spice up the lore of things.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
reikann says...

@Bloo, so you're saying Mint or Mia will have to get into his berry powders at some point, no?
If the implication here is that doing so would be awful, then it's more or less the law that it must happen.

39 Reviews

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:36 pm
Bloo says...

reikann wrote:@Bloo, so you're saying Mint or Mia will have to get into his berry powders at some point, no?
If the implication here is that doing so would be awful, then it's more or less the law that it must happen.

but of course
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

39 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:28 am
Bloo says...

Rafe post currently in the works on the Common Pad, being worked on by myself and Lumi. A bit separated from the rest of the cast at present, but that can always change.

( http://lumi.writerfeedpad.com/66? for ref. I'm going to be putting more hotlinks on the main storybook page when I get a chance! )

39 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:56 am
Bloo says...

Also I will never turn down an offer for an OC to be drawn/art'd to semi life. Let alone when it also includes more art of Pokemon I love and don't see enough of. You be amazing.

39 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:22 pm
Bloo says...

I may be gravitrating towards the gang interacting with a....not a gang or team, but like a network of poachers across Hoenn.

Not sure exactly what will come of it. But I like the group being infamous with some faction in Hoenn.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 am
Lumi says...

WEEKEND LIFE.

Now that I have my new pupper squared away, the Rafe post will be more underway tomorrow (today?) with input from anyone who wants to drop by. It'll probably end up lengthy because writing makes people feel better, jim.

And uh, something I've been chewing on for Elex.

He should be recording the Hoenn pokedex. Vocally.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:46 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Bloo Is the character rejection related to my character's old profile (the whole Orre thing I didn't modify yet) or something else? Just makin' sure.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

176 Reviews

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:34 pm
Lumi says...

I'll be in the pad tonight around 8pm until --:-- EDT if people wanna write and get a mind for Rafe and Toby.

Music courtesy of Caravan Palace, my go-to party playlist.
-Shinji Moon

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)