745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:23 pm
Lumi says...

I'm so glad my fave remixers exist.

phpBB [media]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:24 pm
Lumi says...

Also, in the pad with Rafe until late tonight. Join and help salt my brain.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:04 pm
Lumi says...

ROLE CALL to make sure y'all aren't dead.

Next up is @chibibo because @chibibo is a babe. then we want some @Caesar dressing on the salad.

some bonus info on the gal pal toby texted in the rafe post:

ever since the seeeecond? pokebook around 2011, we've had a character named Jasmine in every installment. she's always been a ghost trainer, and she's always been cameo-driven by rosey. i talked to her last/the other night about it and we giggled. OH, and she's always had a Haunter, but it won't make it on-screen in this installment since we're locking the pokedex. maybe.

plus, they're just gonna have coffee. i mean the last time one of my characters went off alone with a Jasmine, all that happened was--

...hey so unrelated but what's Poland's phone number?
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 am
Bloo says...

Hey checking the pulse guys!

Any of you have any ideas you wanna throw around that involve other members of the cast?
Doesn't even have to involve much of the larger cast.
Any plot idea you have. Any specific adventure you want your character to go on? Let us know, we can slam it in a future episode. Is it pretty large and grand? We ca slam that baby into the A-plot and give your character a nice Day in the Lime Light.

During Eurobook we liked to follow the trend on ensembles (usually for TV) style, where each episode has a more specific character focus, and they all get their Big Development, so to speak. Where we see them so much that we end up learning more about them. With episodes often having dual leads, or just plain ensemble focus.

Just because me and Lumi are in charge doesn't mean our characters have to be the first ones for that. While the current episode is supposed to be that more whole-ensemble episode to get to know our cast. Personally, I would rather wait awhile to make Toby a main focus, just out of desire to let him stew as Leader for awhile first. And because I don't want to feel like I'm using Creator Status to cut in line.

We are all the main characters! This is a collab! We gotta hear from everyone for it to be a real Storybook.

Lumi and I may plan out skeletons, but we made it an SB because we want you all to help us flesh those ideas out.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:33 am
reikann says...

/raises hand/

Hi, still here, invested, and kicking!

I like the idea of character focuses for different episodes/B-plots.

Are we supposed to just drop ideas here?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 am
Lumi says...

always and forever yee
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:38 am
sheysse says...

I have a question... Do Team Magma and Team Aqua exist at the time of this story?

Also, yes I'm not dead... Still here. :D

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:48 am
Lumi says...

They are in their prior forms as nonviolent nonradical research facilities, Ruby Labs and Sapphire Labs--both of which are our competitors. I think they have brief descriptions in the opening post of the SB.
-Shinji Moon

86 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:55 pm
View Likes
reikann says...

Oh, goodie.
Consider this all spitballing.

Okay! Things that pertain to Mint in particular -

As a note for me, spend some time with the Mint/Siegfried/Iseult dynamic - potentially leading to mental breakdown? The author in me wants to find a thematic parallel, possibly in the Galla/Elex relationship? (Hurr de durr, English major o'clock.)
Speaking of which, Elex and Mint need to have their, as stolen from AtLA, 'life-changing field trip', because the closed-off loner and genki girl hanging out cannot possibly lead to any shenanigans.
Desert field trip! As I recall, in the games, there are sunken ruins down there. Opportunity for research, ticking time bomb, possible legendaries? Plus, meeting Mint's nuclear family. That's always good for character development!

'Overworld' comments -
Nationwide networks of poachers would make good Team Rocket parallel/reoccuring villain, but would also raise character requirements. Just as well; external villains are good drama.
Same note for neo-Magma and Aqua - we are rivals, after all. Need not be hostile rivals, but - ooh, what would you think about a 'evil doubles' research team? As in, diametrically opposed personalities?
Do berries really spring up overnight? There must be some crazy genetic modification going on, or just magic nutrient-rich soil. In fact, the properties of such a plant and soil would have to be... legendary. Or video game logic-based. Hard to tell.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:52 am
Bloo says...

Desert ruins would be a great location, especially since it as some nice lore tied to legendaries. Double whammy.
Geography wise, it'd be a few chapters before out cast gets there, though. But yes, desert field trip is definitely on the list.

I was thinking something really similar about the poachers too! As a stand in for the rocket/villain types, but as a far less organized...organization. More as a network, where info/tip-offs travel across smaller circles through the grapevine.

We're trying to steer clear of more straight up "Big Bad Gang" specifically targeting the gang. Most antagonizes will be more scattered.

As far as "evil doubles', for Neo-Aqua/Magma, as they stand, are more starting to get into the ideologies that lead to extreme steps later. Like, Hoenn right now is at the brink of some HEAVY change, due to the rapid growth in tech and understanding of pokemon, etc. Ideological/Moral views on these changes will be a part of that.

For groups that oppose our cast, I'm not sure how to do that for a research group,

BUT, the idea of a sort of White Lotus/Illuminati type group that is trying to keep the legionaries hidden for to-be-established reasons, that could fit really well into the story.

Also Also, cause I don't think we've mentioned it: There are plans for a pretty basic Battle Frontier right now:

The state being that, it was originally purchased as land by Silph Co. to test new Trainer/Pokemon battle tech. That soon attracted the attention, and trainers pushed their way into becoming Beta testers.
As most of the Beta-testers were veteran/professional battlers, the testing was very entertaining. Silphi Co. decided to pounce on that, shifting their testing ground into an arena where people could buy tickets to watch. (And see the bran new Silph Products in action!)
Currently, they have one of the few television channels available, where they air Pokemon Battles.

Been toying with how it became the more Grand Frontier. I've been leaning towards the idea of a sort of amusement park expansion.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

86 Reviews

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:15 am
reikann says...

All's still active, no?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:45 am
Lumi says...

All are still active, yes.

We have a skype group for easier discussion on the fly if you're interested, but it is by no means mandatory. If you want in, just PM me your skype handle and I'll add you.

A lot of plotting is about to go into the pad, and I'm trying my best to get posts out of Lou and Cheeb, so it'll happen eventually, I promise.
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:27 pm
sheysse says...

I'll join the Skype group, but I'm not comfortable in a call (not any of you, just me being weird). I can at least use the messaging feature. I'll pm you my name.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:21 am
Lumi says...

We need Reik on plate today. REIK. YOU UP.
-Shinji Moon

86 Reviews

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:09 am
reikann says...

Reik will be on the plate!
...where is the plate?

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.