z

Young Writers Society

Winged Creatures DT

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:41 pm
View Likes
MemeQueen says...

Sixteen years ago, a laboratory in the desert researching human-animal chimeras didn't terminate the experimental embryos. These experimental embryos had been given DNA from both bird and human. Just under twenty of the embryos made it to infancy. They grow wings, just like they were programmed to.

From there, a life of medical examinations and invasive tests took hold. Each specimen was sold to institutions internationally, traded around and experimented on until ten lived until they turned eleven.

On their eleventh year, they were all bought by someone mysterious, someone whose name had not been given, whose face had not been seen. They'd been taken out to somewhere rural. The door on the crates had been opened. They'd flown away. They were free.

They spend five years living on the fringes of society, doing whatever they can to survive and evade any attempts of recapture. At the end of their fifth year of freedom, they feel an uncontrollable urge to migrate. This pull leads them to a scrapyard outside of New York, where others with wings are gathered around a small fire.

One comes bearing a warning for the future, an invitation to find out once for all where they all came from and what their purpose could possibly be. Their quest for meaning uncovers things about their origins that are darker than they ever could have imagined.

1.Normal Storybook rules apply
2.Please put adequate detail into your character
3.No godmodding, please
4.Be polite
5.Use correct English spelling and grammar
6.It’d be nice if you could stay active, but I get that interests fluctuate

Character Template:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality and temperament:[/b]
[b]History (can be brief):[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Note: I’m going to need a person who’s interested in running this storybook with me, because I can’t get to YWS as much as this storybook will need. Please PM if you’re interested.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 pm
JustJasper says...

Okay to link this to the storybook you need to go to the storybook and find the white button in the upper right hand that says edit storybook. Click on it and scroll down until you see Discussion Topic ID then you need to follow the directions it gives you there to link the DT.
If you have any questions or need help please ask and if you would rather I do it for you then you could click on the edit storybook button again and scroll down to storybook managers and add my name to that.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:26 pm
View Likes
MemeQueen says...

Done :) thanks. I've also made you a manager, if you don't mind. If you do, just say and I'll take your name off of the list.

11 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 pm
JustJasper says...

Nice job! I look forward to working with you.
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:25 pm
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Hey! I think I'd like to join! One question, are we able to create and play for more than one character?
hello there

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:29 pm
JustJasper says...

Sorry this took so long @jumpingsheep I will be managing this storybook for the most part but that took a bit of time to work out. Yes you can have more than one character but no more than two.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 am
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

Could I join too?
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 am
JustJasper says...

Of course!

-Greg Bear

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 pm
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

@Oswin1800 if there's anything I need to change about my characters, just say and I'll redo them :)
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:56 pm
JustJasper says...

So glad that you are joining! They look great!

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:14 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Hey guys! So I think a good way to keep up with who has read what is to like a post once you have read it. This can help me see who is up to date on the storybook.
Another thing I took over this storybook for memequeen who will not be participating, so I don't have a clear idea of the plot. When more people join we can collaborate on it but I am open to many ideas. Not really sure what is going to happen when they all meet but it might be nice to know if there will be romance and who will have romance from the beginning. Nothing will be decided for now but be thinking about it.
One more thing. Please share this with other people so we can get people to join and start writing soon or at least planning.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

11 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:20 am
JustJasper says...

Absolutely

-Greg Bear

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

11 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:38 am
JustJasper says...

All right guys when we get up to ten characters we are going to start the storybook. Not counting Penelope unless someone wants to write as her. If you do PM me and I will change who owns the character.
Anyway if others want to join after that we will still accept them but ten characters is our goal.
That said, if anyone has ideas about the plot of the storybook, specifically why were they all brought together and what their main goal is that would be great. I would rather the reason be something other than the scientists/government want to capture them because that is cliche.
My idea is that they come because one of them calls the others for some reason. Probably because they are in danger and need help, maybe someone found them and captured them to examine them. Idk after that the kids could try to prevent other experiments like theirs. Let me know what you think because I will definitely like your ideas better than my own.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White