Young Writers Society

Winged Creatures DT

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:01 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I have a question: can the character I create be the scientist who helped the in research and after many years is trying to find the teens?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:09 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Since we haven't started the SB yet, could I make a physical change to my character?

Spoiler! :
I want her to be missing an arm at the elbow. Preferably her right.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:40 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I also agree with @Steggy sorry if I didn't say that before.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:42 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Yes you may be a scientist and you may change your character as much as you like before we start writing.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:36 pm
JustJasper says...

Speaking of starting to write I would like it if we could start by next Monday at the latest. Others can join after that but it can help me to have a goal.

-Ossie
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

176 Reviews

11 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:27 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Since @Steggy asked about making a character a scientist that brings an important question to the table.

Is this scientist hunting them down?

I would prefer if the scientist was not the reason they migrated simply because that would be very cliche. There are ways we could twist it to make it original but I would definitely like to make this story as original as possible and I have read to many stories where the genetic experiments try to escape the scientists/government/creator and ultimately lead a revolution or destroy the lab or something at the end so that they can finally be safe.

A constant danger to this story book will be how easy it is to be unoriginal or boring. I don't think it will be a huge problem after we sort out the plot but please make sure that we keep our writing interesting and fresh.

Let me know your ideas!

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm
Steggy says...

Done with my character. If you'd like anything changed, let me know!

Also, relating to your question Ossie, I think it would be best if the scientists are trying to track them down. Maybe the mutated bird teens (I don't know the proper term) are trying to show people what they did because what if the scientists are doing the experiments still today? As you said, this could lead to a worldwide revolution.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:38 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Alright. I am also curious as to what we should call the human bird hybrids. I want to hear your ideas and please contribute to @Steggy's idea of a scientist hunting them down. I could work with that but we would need to be careful.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:28 am
JustJasper says...

Also I would like to start writing this weekend so if anything needs to be addressed before I post please bring it up.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

176 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:59 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Speaking of starting to write I would like it if we could start by next Monday at the latest. Others can join after that but it can help me to have a goal

Sooo, tomorrow? Because if that's the plan, then awesome! I assume you'll post first, @Oswin1800?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:01 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

hey so my schedule is a bit busy now, but could I keep track of the storyline and jump in a bit later when I have the chance?
hello there

11 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:35 am
JustJasper says...

Sure!
Yes I will be posting first tomorrow I would have posted sooner but I have been busy. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns. You can change your character until they are described or your first post.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:45 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

So sorry for not posting yet everybody! I got pretty behind in school and I used today and yesterday to catch up. Now I have time! My post will be up very soon!
Once again I am sorry!

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway