Young Writers Society

The Revolution DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

It looks great! Is it going in the sidebar?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks! :D I already put it in the sidebar, actually. I did it before posting it here.

Also, we've reached twenty pages, everyone! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:51 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Yes I play the piano. I am not crazy good or anything but I can play Burn from Hamilton and read music well. Sight reading is a lot easier than playing by ear which I can do a little bit of but I usually don't. I am trying to learn how to play most of the songs from Hamilton but I have found it very annoying that my piano is out of tune. People that don't play an instrument can't tell as much when it sounds a bit wrong but those that do know what I mean when I say I can hear it with every note. It took me a little while to convince my parents to get it tuned because they couldn't hear it like I could. So now the piano is scheduled to be tuned which makes me very happy. Anyway sorry for the boring details and for not posting yet.
I have a post written and it will be up very soon.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! I'll post after you do, seeing that you, @JuliasSneezer, and @AnarchyWolf will have completed the challenge. I'll try to post soon, but I'm not exactly sure how soon soon will be.

@Mea, you said before they can run into Joseph when he's coming up from the mines. Can you PM me if there's any other information I should know before I write my post? Also, @AnarchyWolf, is there anything I need to know before I write it about their departure from Finn's house? Oh, and don't forget to go over to Storybook Badges and Challenges and claim your point(s) for the challenge! :D
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My first comment about your post, @Oswin1800: Whoa. Simply whoa.

I never guessed you would something like that in your post! That was really awesome. You can go over to the SB challenge forum and claim a point for the challenge. And if it was at least five hundred words long, you can claim another point! :D
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oh, and can you change The Hooded Figure to Lumm in your post, @Oswin1800? That's the name Elora knows him by.
mage

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:23 pm
View Likes
AnarchyWolf says...

@Oswin1800 great post. @Mage there's nothing in particular, other than Finn bringing Pony when no-one else has a horse. I'm not sure if it would be worth mentioning, but his parents think he'll be returning by sunset (and tell him so before he leaves) and so don't know that he won't be back for a long time, if ever.
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

The hooded figure in her dream is not the same person as Lumm that is why I did not refer to him in the dream as Lumm. She is having a nightmare about what happened to her as a result of thinking about Lumm and the other hooded figures she has encountered. Not everything in the dream is 100% accurate and it was mostly just her brain tormenting her. This is why she will not become very friendly with Lumm and will keep him at arms length. In the future as the team gets pushed into more danger she will begin to see Lumm and the hooded figure as one in the same in her dream until she understands him more. Basically the dream was showing that she is subconsciously terrified of him.

I hope this makes sense!

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Alright, @AnarchyWolf! :D Also, that makes a lot of sense! I love the dimension that adds to Elora's character. :D
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

@Oswin1800, So i'm guessing you have a grand or upright piano. I'm self taught so I don't really know hot o read notes very well, and I play on a keyboard so I don't have to tune it, but I know how it feels when a piano is out of tune. I had to stay a week at my Aunts house and all they had was a old upright that was severely out of tune. It hurt my soul to play it xD
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Violins and flutes are relatively easy to tune- so I don't have to deal with all that. But I grew up playing amazing violins, so when I play anything that is below my expectations I wish I had two extra hands to cover my ears.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I'm the same way with instruments. I have too good of an ear - enough to tell when it's out of tune, but on my viola I'm never sure if I've fixed it. So just a good enough ear to annoy the heck out of me. :P

@Mage As for things to know about Joe, I think just that he's going to be very cagey and demand actual proof, and probably refuse no matter what on the grounds that he doesn't want to get mixed up in anything. He also isn't going to give the Hooded Figure any information about himself or his family, so unless the Hooded Figure knows about his children already, they shouldn't be brought up.
Last edited by Mea on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the information, @Mea! That makes a lot of sense, and I can easily explain why he doesn't know anything about Joseph's kids. The Hooded Figure consulted the census's in Mineplex's library to find the locations of the descendants and who they are. There could have been a recording error regarding both or the oldest of Joseph's children. The Hooded Figure wouldn't ask a twelve year old to come with him; so either way works. Whatever I decide on, I'll post it hopefully tomorrow.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:39 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

"Alrighty! I've finished packing most of the stuff I needed this week in preparation for my 3-years trip! Welp, let's have some good time watchin' a movie tonight and after that, jumping back on YWS to see what I've missed :D"

*Watches Movie*

"...Gosh, that was ART. 'Kay, let's see what I missed in..." *stares at 28 notifications* "...The..." *Stares at DT conversations to catch up* "...Re... Revolution..."

Literally my reaction just now. OH MY GOSH I HATE YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO AWESOME, I'M SO SLOW, AAAAAAARGH
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

I know history. There are many names in history, but none of them are ours.
— Richard Siken