z

Young Writers Society

Aether [DT]

how would one even go about bringing down a behemoth like Igurath?

the bigger they are, the harder they fall
17%
the foreman at the oil foundry said he's been sapping energy...so he's still growing. if we cut off his energy...
33%
the voidal beings must be bleeding from the same wound. so the more we hurt the igurathi, the less chance he has to energize?
50%

Total votes : 6

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:29 pm
Lumi says...

Episode Log and Graphics Coming Soon.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Eh, why not. I'm only in 4 SBs anyway. I'd like to have a major character, if possible.

EDIT: Maybe a Machinist from Svetagrad (dunno if they should be an anthro or not; it's been a while since I've used an anthro character in an SB, and I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference either way)? I'm debating if they should subvert the Mad Scientist trope or not, or just run right in the middle. But it's going to be hard for me not to make them as such. XD
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because nobody can tell me that it's silly to explain why I'm editing my own post. :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It's finally here! I dibs anthropomorphic jackal Necrolyte from Redwind. (Who uses a scythe, because why not?)

EDIT: Oh, I see you are now also including the mannerisms in your SBs! I find it's quite useful knowing those.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:57 pm
View Likes
Jagged says...

You know I have commitment issues but... maybe a friendly doge blackguard....
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:15 pm
Lumi says...

Yes to all three. Huehuehue.

And yee, mannerisms give more away about a character than six paragraphs of why they isolate themselves on Tuesdays and listen to Linkin Park while writing in their dream journal that they hide from everyone else really poorly because secretly they want to be seen as sensitive but what if senpai doesn't like them because of it?
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I have arrived as well! Glad to see that this has become a thing with its own topic and all.

*thinks* My eyes are still set on the Vagrant Class! Yeah, I'll be a Vagrant from Amani, I'm liking the idea of the character living near - or inside of - a tropical jungle. I'm probably adding anthro features, too. Something with feathers and clawed-feet (I'll, uh, add more details in the actual character template).
Oh and for the weapons, Vagrants are supposed to fight with knives or knuckles, so I'd like to go with claw-hand type of knuckle weapons, if it's possible.

I'm still unsure if I want a major or minor character though, I'll have to think about that a bit more.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:06 am
Caesar says...

good evening

I'll take a mesmer from Horizon
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:19 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Update on class spread so far:

1. Anberlin - Mesmer
2. Aerie - Blackguard
3. Jagged - Blackguard
4. Fox - Machinist
5. Hunter - Necrolyte
6. Twaggy - Vagrant
7. Lou - Mesmer
8. Bloo - Mesmer

AIN'T NOBODY LOVE LUMINIER.
-Shinji Moon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

nobody wants to be an upright, respectable figure in fantasy games

also, character up. looking forward to debating with your characters why you really should gamble away all your money in this second rate establishment.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:36 am
View Likes
Deskro says...

I'll take the case! I'll be a Lumineer and I'll like it. A Lumineer from Svetagard... yesss...

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:29 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

So, uh, Character Template has been submitted. I'm not exactly sure if I got everythin' right, but you guys tell me.

*hasstillnoideawhatlimitthecreativefreedomhas*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:52 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Sorted through both templates that were submitted while I slept. Edits for approval included a reminder that the time period we're working with still has sword-relevance, people who would sooner shut down a conversation and walk away would not, logically, travel with folks voluntarily, and the antifeminist nearly-nude character models are not my jam.

If nobody said it yet, know that I'm a gauntlet editor.

MOVING ON

Twaggy, you have plenty of freedom. I'm refraining from plotting quest content (other than significant boss encounters) and I'm making it a point that everyone has a hand in the world development.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:35 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Sword's still relevant. 'Kay then.

@Lumi Oooookay. Gotcha.
I believe I'll always start off as shy or hesitant when I don't know how creative I can be or what rules I gotta follow, since I tend to overdo it by instinct.
...As everybody who ever worked with me noticed, lol.
Point is, since we're all supposed to have something to give to the world's development, and since I found something I to exapnd on the second I came up with this chimera thing, I can't help but ask if having one character doing a... quest, or achieving a goal that's related to said world development would make him/her a main character instead of a minor one.

Because if so, then I think I'll claim one of the main character spots for Miyavi.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:50 pm
Lumi says...

Minor characters can definitely have their own story arc that moves at their own pace while still minding the no backwards writing rule. It's just a matter of how much of a no-flake agreement you're willing to sign.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, they can. Huh.
...Let's see. Five SBs if counting this one, one fanfiction, LMS, studies restarting by the 12th of September.

Welp, being scared of the risk of overloading and not advancing in everything if that happens, I'll play it safe. If minor characters can have their own things, then I can go minor without much trouble in case things go south. Soooo, I'll do that instead. Thanks for the precisions.

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri