z

Young Writers Society

Alfthyrn DT

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:53 am
Vervain says...

Hey all! Welcome to yet another attempt at an SB, this time with a cast between the small and huge ones I had those last two times ;D

Before we start, let me say this: The identity of our eighth player, the Sneak, will be kept secret. All posts made by the Sneak will be posted by myself to prevent the player from being outed. This is to keep tensions high among all of our players, as the Sneak can and will target anyone -- at first, anyone in the Adla, and then as they grow aware of our heroes, anyone there. The Sneak cannot be claimed; the position must be offered. It will be the only position that knows as much as the I, the DM, do about the story, as the player will know every hand.

This will probably be a slower SB, with posting order mostly determined by scenes and actions, and -- in the beginning, at least, before the Adla are a major player in the game -- you needn't worry, I'll be right there with all sorts of fun for our heroes. I do want this to be an SB where we explore character growth just as much as have rollicking high fantasy adventures with dark gods and magicks and the like, so please, when making your characters, make them in a way that they can change while facing their challenges!

Given time, probably on Thursday when I have a day off, I'll come up with a map of Alfthyrn for anyone who's curious. Eight players is the absolute maximum number of constant roles in this SB, but other positions and one-off roles will open up for anyone who wants to write them. ;D Let me know if you'd be interested!

Fear not, I'll work with y'all on the history and such of this world -- it's not so complex for the world inside Alfthyrn, but the world outside has been a little more chaotic, so my villains might need a helping hand.

With that said, welcome to the world of Alfthyrn -- are you seeking godhood, or merely seeking peace?
stay off the faerie paths

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm
Steggy says...

Hello! I'd like to claim the human spot, please.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:41 pm
Astronomer says...

I'd like to claim the Left Hand, please! :D

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:09 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Iiiiiinteresting. Can I have the Right Hand?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:30 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Sorry for taking so long to reply! @Dinosaur @Moonwatcher @TheCrimsonLady I'm adding you all on the claimed list on the first post!

I've had work these last two days so I haven't managed to get much done, but tomorrow I have off so I'll try to get up to date on the map.

A Quick Thing:

All of the names in Alfthyrn will be based off of Old English. If you're not sure how to figure out Old English stuff, I have a nifty translator for you to use! It's just a part of the world as it is, so please, go hog wild with naming your characters and such -- just make sure it's Old English. :P
stay off the faerie paths

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:08 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

@Lareine

I submitted my character! I'm not so sure about her name- according to the internet, it is Old English, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. Anything else that needs to be fixed (if there is anything), I can probably finish this weekend.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:34 pm
JustJasper says...

I would like to claim the Goblin spot.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 pm
sheysse says...

Are you still accepting? Cause this looks awesome.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:52 pm
sheysse says...

If you are, I'd like to reserve the spot for dwarf.

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver