Young Writers Society

Shattered Moons DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi everyone. I'm going to be leaving this Storybook. I've already talked to @Jhinx about it, and I thought that it would be easier to explain why by posting the explanation I sent to him.

No matter how I word this, I know this is going to be awkward for me to say.

I've enjoyed working on this Storybook. I enjoyed creating the characters with everyone. It was so much fun joking around on the WriterFeedPad, spending more time teasing each other than actual working those first couple of days. I've learned a lot about how to make a more organized Storybook thanks to this one, knowledge that I'll use in the future when I make more Storybooks of my own. And I've learned a lot about the RWBY universe because of this Storybook.

But I want to leave the Storybook.

Yesterday, it stopped being fun for me. I know there are two sides to the argument, and I'm not taking sides. It's just I realized this Storybook wasn't meant for me. I join Storybooks because they're fun for me to do - if this Storybook isn't fun anymore, why should I do it?

I've also come to realize how much of a time commitment this Storybook is. You did warn me about that in your first PM and in the Storybook itself. But because I had never joined a Storybook as organized as this one, I didn't realize how much of a time commitment it would be. I've made other commitments on both YWS and away from YWS before this; those are the commitments I have to and want to honor first.

I know that, by leaving, I'm making things difficult. I wouldn't be offended if someone else wrote for Ink, or if he became a NPC in the Storybook. Whatever you do, I'll be fine with it.

I'm sorry for leaving the Storybook so suddenly, and thank you for everything you have done for me.

-Mage-

Thank you for everything you guys have done for me, and I hope you all have loads of fun doing this Storybook! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@SpiritedWolfe, I'm pretty sure we're linked telepathically! I keep coming up elements for my character that are similar to yours. :P Would it be okay with you if my part-Faunus character is a Wolf-Faunus as well? I can change it to something else if that's more comfortable.

(Posted in the wrong place the 1st time, sorries!)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay everyone, Shattered Moons is wrapping up the pre-writing/character creation stage and is moving on to the Prologue! Only @Dinosaur and @Auxiira have their CTs left, and both of them joined in late. They're hard at work to create their characters though.

First things first, if you haven't read all of the Characters' information yet, then what are you doing?! Stop right now and go read through all of them, they're really good.

While you're there you may notice that the Team names have been revealed! That means if you were guessing, your time's up. (everyone who guessed beforehand has already gotten bonus points).

So the teams are:

Team MGIC
(Magic)

Team HAVN
(Haven)

That means the Team Captains are Haul and Midori! @AllisontheWriter and @Pompadour this means that you have time to prepare yourselves for that position. It'll definitely put more pressure on your characters because they'll be making the decisions for their team for just about everything.

Just remember your characters don't know what team they're in until after initiation.

Regarding the Prologue: There will be five posts! One for each of Team PMGT (introducing our main villains) and one for Azure. Don't worry if you're not prepared whenever the Prologue starts. This is just set up for Team PMGT. Everyone else starts at Episode 1.

There will be a soft writing order. Basically, this means that each Episode will have a bare-bones plot written out for it, with certain things each team can do in their spare time and a main plotline that we need to finish by the end of the episode. I'll be lenient on who posts! Usually it'll just be which team/pair posts next, or if the villains post. I'll explain further once we actually start, but for now there will be some sort of posting order.

Also! There are new rules up! Please read them over and follow them.

I'm excited to start this, and hopefully we can get this show on the road and have this SB be great!

tl;dr just read it all xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Here's a copy of the rules, in case you haven't read them yet and if you haven't, how dARE you xD

1. Respect all rules when posting

2. No backwards posting

3. Please like every post once you've read it

4. Please abide by the posting order

5. If you include someone else's character in your post, poke them and co-write it! SBing is collaborative!

6. Don't post without letting me know. I'm here to progress the story along, and if I don't like the post, I'll help you revise it.

7. Each post should be at least 1000 words

Also, everyone who has received bonus points for finished their Character Template in time or by guessing the team names will have the points awarded on the first.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:56 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Auxiira and @Dinosaur we need to finish those Templates ASAP. Auxi I've looked over yours and all we really need to refine is the weapon and Semblance, other than that Teniz is good and we can work on making his public profile. Stegs we still need to work on her weapon and maybe semblance if you want to change it.

@Lareine will be working on banners soon, and after Team PMGT's banners are done, the prologues will start rolling out. So, expect Ats' post within the week.

I'M SO EXCITEDDDD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:41 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Alright so we have officially started the Prologue! There will be five posts altogether in it, and then Episode 1 will start with free reign of posting to give out introductions.

The prologue is meant to give a bit of backstory to our villains and set up a premise to what's going on.

Next up will be Mauve (@ScarlettFire) who will give a bit more insight to what's going on.

There's plenty of foreshadowing and easter eggs in the posts, so I'd love to see if you can spot them all! Also, I'd like to set up a plotting session in between the prologue and Episode 1. There's no set date, but go ahead and give me the times everyone can be available next week-ish!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:57 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Yay, it's good to see that we've finally got the story started! I've already read the first Prologue post (and its phenomenal, by the way - you guys are very good at cooperation and composing good stories together), and I look forward to reading the rest and writing freely afterwards! To be honest, it's hard to imagine them as villains right now - they seem fairly sympathetic, or at least with anti-hero tendencies. But I imagine there's a lot I don't know about that will become clear later on, which is exciting. :D

As for the plotting session, I'd probably be available most of the time up until next Wednesday, which is when my school starts. Between two AP classes and a few Honors classes, I'm not sure how busy I'll be, but I'll preferably have time between 6:30-8:20 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time (the time I normally use for video games, but I'm more than happy to adjust if need be). Is that okay with everyone? It's kind of frustrating that I finally have to go back to school, after a long and fun summer, but it was inevitable. *shrugs*
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm
Pompadour says...

The weekend works for me, because I can juggle odd timings then, and any time in the mornings (I'm GMT +5) is swell, but I can make it late at night, too. c:
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 pm
wakarimasen says...

I'm in the Eastern time zone. This weekend is going to be a little hectic but I'll try to be on whenever you guys want. :)

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 pm
Steggy says...

The weekend will work (I might need someone to remind me about it, though). Also, my zone is central so hopefully, I'll be able to make it!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Also I wanna give a quick shout-out to @Kaos for being amazing. You're great with Storybooks! Don't doubt yourself so much <3

This weekend could be good, but I do want to make sure with @Lareine and @ScarlettFire because you both might have some real life stuff this weekend.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm unavailable this weekend. From Saturday to probably about Wednesday my time. If you check out my wall, you'll see why. Second post. But I'll be around until Friday at least, so if you need plotting stuff done, ask me before Friday.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:55 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

I'm in Central Time, for reference.

I don't know about this weekend -- it'll depend on the time. I'm going to be playing a game Saturday afternoon, maybe Sunday afternoon, too, but the morning should be okay.

My work schedule is weird, unreliable, hectic, and constantly changing, so I'll have to update you all on that week by week. This week, I work 6pm to 9pm tomorrow, then 10am to 9pm Thursday and 3pm to 9pm Friday. Obviously, I have Sat/Sun off, but I'm basically booked this weekend.

I'm sorry for real life basically taking me over and chewing me up like a beast. I realize that while I'm happier than I have been in a decade, I'm also neglecting a lot of responsibilities, like SM, that fall by the wayside as I have less time and energy to be online. I only ask for your patience and understanding as we move forward.
stay off the faerie paths

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:30 am
Omni says...

Alrighty so this weekend is a no go. That's fine! I didn't think it would happen this soon anyway!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:30 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Pompadour @TheSilverFox @Craz @SpiritedWolfe heya Team Haven :P

So, let's have a plotting session! is this a good time for everyone?

If you want to prepare for this plotting session, there's some things you can do.
-Make sure to catch back up on your character. It's been awhile since we made them, so you can forget quite a bit!
-There's a list of stuff to do in the SB Challenge for Episode 1. Think about which of those your character would do!
-Read up on the other members of your team, because you're gonna be working with them for the entire Storybook.
-and last but not least, you can always start watching RWBY Season 1! You'll get a bit of how the beginning of this SB will be by watching the first six episodes, which is about 30 minutes altogether. It's quite worth it.

This plotting session will be for character interactions all the way through Episode 2 on Team Haven. Anyone else, if you want to tag along to see how it's gonna go, feel free to. Just make sure to say something here so I can PM you the pad link when the time comes.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec